+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic

Celtic

2-0 up at H-T. It could easily be 4. Celtic are miles ahead of them in every dept.

You'd have to feel sorry for Declan John. :)

Re: Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    2-0 up at H-T. It could easily be 4. Celtic are miles ahead of them in every dept.

You'd have to feel sorry for Declan John. :)
    You may have answered this before but if we were playing Celtic in a meaningful game of any sort, who would you be supporting?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You may have answered this before but if we were playing Celtic in a meaningful game of any sort, who would you be supporting?
    Bluebirds of course. I have seen Celtic many times and they're a great club.

Bluebirds all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bluebirds of course. I have seen Celtic many times and they're a great club.

Bluebirds all the way.
    Thought so👍🏻

Theres a huge Celtic as 2nd team support in Cardiff. Always has been as long as I can remember. at least we follow city unlike the plastic mancs and mickey mousers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Theres a huge Celtic as 2nd team support in Cardiff. Always has been as long as I can remember. at least we follow city unlike the plastic mancs and mickey mousers.
    Cardiff always had a large Irish Catholic make up in its population.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    There used to be Celtic V Rangers chants at Ninian park

Can't believe any Welshmen support Rangers, they dislike us more than the English do.

Lots of support for Celtic in Cardiff, especially in Grangetown Catholic Club

Best supporters in the UK by some distance to be fair.

I liked rangers because they wore blue. Now I hate both Celtic and Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Can't believe any Welshmen support Rangers, they dislike us more than the English do.

Lots of support for Celtic in Cardiff, especially in Grangetown Catholic Club

Best supporters in the UK by some distance to be fair.
    Sooner some sort of agreement is made that allows Scottish teams to enter the pyramid in the same way Welsh teams do, the better.

It’s the only way the Scottish game can ever be saved in my opinion

Sooner some sort of agreement is made that allows Scottish teams to enter the pyramid in the same way Welsh teams do, the better.

It’s the only way the Scottish game can ever be saved in my opinion
    I think you'll find that the opposite would happen in the event of this likely occurrence.
    You only have to take a glance at the sad state of the Welsh game.

Celtic couldn't even beat Dunfirmline in the cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Jock Stein was Dunfermline's manager then. Enough said.

They also had some success in Europe too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    There used to be Celtic V Rangers chants at Ninian park
    Yes I remember those chants .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think you'll find that the opposite would happen in the event of this likely occurrence.
    But the Welsh Leagues were never anything. The Scottish Leagues were of a higher standard but today they’re not. There are 5 or 6 teams who could compete in the pyramid system. The rest get tiny attendances and could form a league similar to what the Welsh league is today

Appreciate it’s flawed from a financial perspective for those that are left behind but without it even the top 5 or 6 teams in Scotland will wither

Allow the top 2 each year for 3 years to be admired to League 2 and build from there - just a thought

Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

The Pars are my Scottish team after I spent three months in Rosyth and followed them home and away.

But the Welsh Leagues were never anything. The Scottish Leagues were of a higher standard but today they’re not. There are 5 or 6 teams who could compete in the pyramid system. The rest get tiny attendances and could form a league similar to what the Welsh league is today

Appreciate it’s flawed from a financial perspective for those that are left behind but without it even the top 5 or 6 teams in Scotland will wither

Allow the top 2 each year for 3 years to be admired to League 2 and build from there - just a thought
    Firstly I meant to type "unlikely" and not "likely" in my original post, though I'm sure you would assumed that anyway.

You refer to the fact that Scottish football used to be a good standard whereas the Welsh league was never.

This may be true but the same could be said of many other leagues in Europe who led the way in a bygone era and you don't see teams like Ajax or Anderlecht trying to jump ship and play in other leagues just because their week in week out competition is poor.

The best players from any country go where the money is and I'm afraid the reality is that success and failure of clubs, and leagues, IS all down to finances.

Also, what right would any Scottish club have to bypass the Conference teams striving to make the big time that is the EFL and PL?

Firstly I meant to type "unlikely" and not "likely" in my original post, though I'm sure you would assumed that anyway.

You refer to the fact that Scottish football used to be a good standard whereas the Welsh league was never.

This may be true but the same could be said of many other leagues in Europe who led the way in a bygone era and you don't see teams like Ajax or Anderlecht trying to jump ship and play in other leagues just because their week in week out competition is poor.

The best players from any country go where the money is and I'm afraid the reality is that success and failure of clubs, and leagues, IS all down to finances.

Also, what right would any Scottish club have to bypass the Conference teams striving to make the big time that is the EFL and PL?
    In my view - They’d have no right to bypass anyone - you just increase the number from 92 to 98.

To be fair the population of Scotland is a little smaller than most of the other European countries who still have competitive leagues. Which league would you suggest Ajax would like to join?

In my view - They’d have no right to bypass anyone - you just increase the number from 92 to 98.

To be fair the population of Scotland is a little smaller than most of the other European countries who still have competitive leagues. Which league would you suggest Ajax would like to join?
    Errrm let's see.... How about Serie A?

Errrm let's see.... How about Serie A?
    There are obviously lots of potential hurdles.

My point was that there are some options if you want to explore them.

Sounds like you have a closed mind to it though so we’ve not got much chance of turning this into a constructive debate

Can you see any way at all that Scottish teams could play in the pyramid system in the same way Welsh teams do?

That is still bypassing.

If they made the PL 22 and put rangers and celtic in, then they'd be bypassing the championship and clubs like us.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That is still bypassing.

If they made the PL 22 and put rangers and celtic in, then they'd be bypassing the championship and clubs like us.
    My suggestion is that if they get in they join at a league 2 level and have to work their way through (if they can)

They would bypass the divisions below the conference I guess, so if you don’t think that’s an acceptable approach then it could never work

You’d effectively make the SPL a feeder league to league 2 alongside the conference. Rangers restarted from Scottish 3 and worked their way back up. My expectation is they’d all have to do the same from league 2, but from a commercial perspective all 92 clubs would probably benefit from the extra revenue over time
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 15-04-18 at 23:41. Reason: .

My suggestion is that if they get in they join at a league 2 level and have to work their way through (if they can)

They would bypass the divisions below the conference I guess, so if you don’t think that’s an acceptable approach then it could never work
    Yes that's what I mean, unless they start at the bottom they'll always be bypassing someone.

Is it the conference clubs concern to save and help Scottish clubs? I don't see how they'd be in favour.

And at that level, trips to Plymouth would be killers.