+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could wolves be in trouble

Could wolves be in trouble

Re: Could wolves be in trouble

Bloody Tory rag .

Are there any clean clubs in that league? Definitely not the ones with any power or say anyway.

I couldn't read the full story as don't have a Telegraph account so I looked it up on Birmingham Mail, which really goes into it.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...endes-14525489

imagine

It's only there because Wolves have now been promoted and there's some click-bait in running the story. Everyone knows about Mendes' link into Wolves and the EFL have already given it the OK as far as I am aware.

Wolves may not have played exactly by the spirit of the rules, but there are so many grey areas about how a club gets its players that the Mendes stable is just another version of that. Zohore's signing for us anyone?

It's clear that Wolves have had some exceptional players this season and might be in for an interesting time in the Prem next year - but I know what it's like to win things by loading the game in your favour and frankly it feels all very hollow for the long-term fan. Where's the sense of fair achievement? For newer fans the bragging rights of who's got the most money or has bought the best players almost seems more important than the titles or games - very weird...

If we go up this year then the pride I will have in us managing it against the odds will be enormous, and will far eclipse anything I felt about promotion last time. Even if we don't go up I will have had a brilliant season where the achievements, heartaches and stress have been unlike anything I can ever recall feeling, bar the Play-off Final that we lost.

So I don't really care about how Wolves have won promotion - I just care about our next 4 matches...

Strange isn't it, when EFL clubs made complaints about this, no one batted an eyelid. Now they're promoted (or where all but promoted when the article was written) to the PL, the press is shouting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It's only there because Wolves have now been promoted and there's some click-bait in running the story. Everyone knows about Mendes' link into Wolves and the EFL have already given it the OK as far as I am aware.

Wolves may not have played exactly by the spirit of the rules, but there are so many grey areas about how a club gets its players that the Mendes stable is just another version of that. Zohore's signing for us anyone?

It's clear that Wolves have had some exceptional players this season and might be in for an interesting time in the Prem next year - but I know what it's like to win things by loading the game in your favour and frankly it feels all very hollow for the long-term fan. Where's the sense of fair achievement? For newer fans the bragging rights of who's got the most money or has bought the best players almost seems more important than the titles or games - very weird...

If we go up this year then the pride I will have in us managing it against the odds will be enormous, and will far eclipse anything I felt about promotion last time. Even if we don't go up I will have had a brilliant season where the achievements, heartaches and stress have been unlike anything I can ever recall feeling, bar the Play-off Final that we lost.

So I don't really care about how Wolves have won promotion - I just care about our next 4 matches...
    Once again - beautifully put and full of common sense 👍

Who even says Prem clubs are that bothered by it - it's more than likely some will complain to the Prem because that then forces the Prem to publicly say the scheme is ok.

I'd be surprised if the reason to moan about it is to copy it when it's ruled legal.

Ain't this Mendes guy Ronaldos agent? But would he get in the Wolves team? Who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Strange isn't it, when EFL clubs made complaints about this, no one batted an eyelid. Now they're promoted (or where all but promoted when the article was written) to the PL, the press is shouting about it.
    I was going to say the same thing.Championship clubs complaining? Who cares?

Wolves might stop one of the big boys getting a Euro spot? Cheats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Same here, but if they are sanctioned, it might make a difference to us and the other clubs. Unlikely, I know. Latest news I could find is in March 28 Telegraph; the other EFL clubs certainly haven't given't it the OK, and it's still an issue. If you click on this link, read the bonkers Comment about us at the bottom!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nt-complaints/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Same here, but if they are sanctioned, it might make a difference to us and the other clubs. Unlikely, I know. Latest news I could find is in March 28 Telegraph; the other EFL clubs certainly haven't given't it the OK, and it's still an issue. If you click on this link, read the bonkers Comment about us at the bottom!

Probably a Fulham/Villa fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post

Wolves haven't broken any rules but rules may come in to stop this in future. Either way, it's extremely murky and I wouldn't be surprised to see Mendes pocket a boatload of cash when Neves, Jota etc are sold onto bigger clubs. I'm not sure what's going to happen but Wolves are being used as a cash cow by Mendes, in my opinion. Either way, it's Derby, Villa and Leeds complaining who've spent a lot of money and are soon to be in FFP trouble.

As PenarthBlues said, if we go up this year, we'll have ripped up the rule book as we shouldn't really be in contention. I'm so proud of the team and the manager this season, I don't care that nobody likes us because we're Cardiff, and it feels natural. We've been absolutely brilliant and really ground stuff out. We've got a side I think is easy to warm to because they go about it in the right way, through hard work and determination.

Also, that comment is hilarious. He's not too good with percentages, as unless Newport and Wrexham join us and the Jacks, we may struggle to make the PL 20% Welsh!