Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
Sounds to me like a change was made, consequences not thought through and civil servants carrying it out to the letter etc.

Has anyone been deported ?, I dont think they have. It will be amended as soon as possible to ensure it doesnt happen I would have thought.

"New Home Office guidance relating to Commonwealth citizens who arrived in the UK before January 1973 says they will “most likely” have settled status and “the chances are” they are entitled to permanent residency.

A Home Office spokesperson said: “We are clear that Commonwealth citizens living in the UK before 1 January 1973 are adequately protected from removal – to report otherwise would be misleading. Legislation is complex and, when revising it, it is the normal process to simplify it where possible and remove duplications in law.”
Do agree monumental civil servant cock up rather than for some nasty political malicious reasons , the output if deliberate has no real impact on immigration figures ,it would just create awful headlines and pain for these poor people .

Glad it's been spotted and stopped , now onto fixing the issues of other victims, isolated by poor poltics views and thoughts .