+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cowbridge - Minnesota Wild

Cowbridge - Minnesota Wild

Have you got into the NHL?

Wild doing well tonight against Winnipeg... it’s a good, really physical series

Re: Cowbridge - Minnesota Wild

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Have you got into the NHL?

Wild doing well tonight against Winnipeg... it’s a good, really physical series
    Hey, Canton, you surprised me with your message as - unusually - I've just got back from the Excel Centre (full with just short of 20,000) where Wild played really well this evening and took the tie 6 - 2; 2nd period was super with 4 home goals in quick succession. Crowd going nuts! Good turn out from the Jets too, with Winnipeg being just 450 miles / seven and a half hours) drive.

Not a pleasant drive today though as we're at the tail end of 36 hours continuous snowfall - see the pic I took this morning out front of my place:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40d50ed54a...20%20.jpg?dl=0

That's April in Minnesota for you!

Anyway, to answer your enquiry properly it's not often I go to see Wild live but my neighbour called this afternoon offering 2 great seats ($220 each!) as she works for one of the team sponsors. Dropped everything and just went. The Excel is in St Paul whilst we're in the north west of Minneapolis, about 25 miles in horrible driving conditions. Well worth it though and will be now obligated to see out the rest of the series on TV. Good as though Wild were this evening, true fans reckon they won't progress very far - just not playing well enough and a couple of top players out injured - now where have I heard that before? 4th game is Tuesday evening here in the Twin Cities again.

How is it you're watching, are you living Stateside too?

I've been to see Minnesota United a few times and whilst it's not CCS and the Bluebirds it's well worth the effort and they are attracting great support. Actually, the drive to Excel Centre today takes you right by United's new 20,000+ stadium being built also in St Paul.

Thanks for enquiring and all the best, to you.

Sorry guys, but I don't believe either of you live abroad. Pics or it didn't happen.

To be fair, I think I'd really get in to NHL if I was living out there. Something's always happening to keep you on the edge of your seat, or setting your seat on fire and using it to twat someone.

You was out driving in that we'd be stuck in with no milk or bread for a week if we had that snow

Good documentary here about former Minnesota wild enforcer Derek Boogaard who lost his life through an accidental overdose of painkillers and alcohol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txI16GT-P_M

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Hey, Canton, you surprised me with your message as - unusually - I've just got back from the Excel Centre (full with just short of 20,000) where Wild played really well this evening and took the tie 6 - 2; 2nd period was super with 4 home goals in quick succession. Crowd going nuts! Good turn out from the Jets too, with Winnipeg being just 450 miles / seven and a half hours) drive.

Not a pleasant drive today though as we're at the tail end of 36 hours continuous snowfall - see the pic I took this morning out front of my place:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40d50ed54a...20%20.jpg?dl=0

That's April in Minnesota for you!

Anyway, to answer your enquiry properly it's not often I go to see Wild live but my neighbour called this afternoon offering 2 great seats ($220 each!) as she works for one of the team sponsors. Dropped everything and just went. The Excel is in St Paul whilst we're in the north west of Minneapolis, about 25 miles in horrible driving conditions. Well worth it though and will be now obligated to see out the rest of the series on TV. Good as though Wild were this evening, true fans reckon they won't progress very far - just not playing well enough and a couple of top players out injured - now where have I heard that before? 4th game is Tuesday evening here in the Twin Cities again.

How is it you're watching, are you living Stateside too?

I've been to see Minnesota United a few times and whilst it's not CCS and the Bluebirds it's well worth the effort and they are attracting great support. Actually, the drive to Excel Centre today takes you right by United's new 20,000+ stadium being built also in St Paul.

Thanks for enquiring and all the best, to you.
    Know what you mean about snow. We got over a foot yesterday followed by an ice storm. Everything covered in about 2cm of Ice this morning.

I live in a part of Ontario called Muskoka (on Lake Huron - we’ll Georgian Bay to be exact). It’s about an hour or so north of Toronto.

I work across North America so spend lots of time heading to and from the airport. I work in the alcohol industry which has close links to sport and music so I get to do plenty of cool stuff which is great

I have tickets for the Leafs tonight against the Bruins but travel is going to be impossible today to get into the city from the north so I’m going to give them up (which will make someone else really happy so that’s good)

They’re hockey crazy here and you get sucked in but they have also got the Raptors (who have a shot at the NBA this year) and Toronto FC (won MLS and in the final of the Concacaf champions league) - The Timberwolves pushed Houston really hard last night as well!!!

The 2nd period of the Wild game last night might be the turning point in that series - up until they scored the 3rd it wasn’t looking to me that the Jets might win it in 4, but that crazy 4 minutes towards the end of the 2nd turned it on it’s head (sorry but I was cheering for the Jets - solidarity with my Canadian brethren)

Anyway sounds like we both landed in great sports cities.... unfortunately apart from a coupe trips each year it limits my Bluebirds watching to ifollow

Go Leafs Go

Know what you mean about snow. We got over a foot yesterday followed by an ice storm. Everything covered in about 2cm of Ice this morning.

I live in a part of Ontario called Muskoka (on Lake Huron - we’ll Georgian Bay to be exact). It’s about an hour or so north of Toronto.

I work across North America so spend lots of time heading to and from the airport. I work in the alcohol industry which has close links to sport and music so I get to do plenty of cool stuff which is great

I have tickets for the Leafs tonight against the Bruins but travel is going to be impossible today to get into the city from the north so I’m going to give them up (which will make someone else really happy so that’s good)

They’re hockey crazy here and you get sucked in but they have also got the Raptors (who have a shot at the NBA this year) and Toronto FC (won MLS and in the final of the Concacaf champions league) - The Timberwolves pushed Houston really hard last night as well!!!

The 2nd period of the Wild game last night might be the turning point in that series - up until they scored the 3rd it wasn’t looking to me that the Jets might win it in 4, but that crazy 4 minutes towards the end of the 2nd turned it on it’s head (sorry but I was cheering for the Jets - solidarity with my Canadian brethren)

Anyway sounds like we both landed in great sports cities.... unfortunately apart from a coupe trips each year it limits my Bluebirds watching to ifollow

Go Leafs Go
    Good on you, Canton, there's nothing like sport to keep the juices flowing and without doubt the Bluebirds are doing their bit this time around. The Vikes looked good last season and went to the Championship game, be interesting to see how they fare in 2018 with their new multi-million dollar QB; and the Twins have started the long season well, looking to build on a decent run last time.

Shame is I'll be having to leave the Twin Cities this summer with my missus in the frame for a new job at one of a couple of the mid-west's universities. Two options in front of us, neither in a major city, though

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Sorry guys, but I don't believe either of you live abroad. Pics or it didn't happen.

To be fair, I think I'd really get in to NHL if I was living out there. Something's always happening to keep you on the edge of your seat, or setting your seat on fire and using it to twat someone.
    Pic with the Tokyo times mukk or you're a fake!!!

I know 2 people living in Wisconsin who have mentioned how bad the snow is. 18 inches in some parts of the state.

Good on you, Canton, there's nothing like sport to keep the juices flowing and without doubt the Bluebirds are doing their bit this time around. The Vikes looked good last season and went to the Championship game, be interesting to see how they fare in 2018 with their new multi-million dollar QB; and the Twins have started the long season well, looking to build on a decent run last time.

Shame is I'll be having to leave the Twin Cities this summer with my missus in the frame for a new job at one of a couple of the mid-west's universities. Two options in front of us, neither in a major city, though
    What are the options? Don’t like to say it but there are some bleak places in some of those mid-west states.

What are the options? Don’t like to say it but there are some bleak places in some of those mid-west states.
    It's not all bad, Minnesota is a beautiful state: 10,000 lakes and huntin', shootin' and fishin' territory:

After the weekend super snowstorm, it's blue skies today, the roads aree already swept and dry and the temperature is rising. A few snow showers due on Wednesday and then it will all be clear

It's not all bad, Minnesota is a beautiful state: 10,000 lakes and huntin', shootin' and fishin' territory:

After the weekend super snowstorm, it's blue skies today, the roads aree already swept and dry and the temperature is rising. A few snow showers due on Wednesday and then it will all be clear
    Sorry, I perhaps misunderstood - I assumed you were leaving Minnesota and heading to another state (maybe somewhere like Arkansas or Missouri?)

We’ll be clear of the snow by next week as well... Summers by the lake are fantastic
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 16-04-18 at 18:11. Reason: .