+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kortrijk

Kortrijk

I've just been having a look to see how one of Vincent's other clubs have been getting on this season. KV Kortrijk in the Belgian Juliper pro league.
    Last time I checked they were towards the bottom of the league, but they must have had a strong second half of the season, as they finished the regular season in 7th, just missing out on a spot in the champions league playoffs by 2 points.
    In that playoff, the teams start with half the points they got during the regular season (rounded up) and they play each other twice, with the top 2 going into the champions league, the next 2 into the Europa league and the 5th place into a playoff final against the winners of the other playoffs for the last Europa league spot.
    The other playoffs are where Kortrijk come in, the teams finishing 7-15 th plus the top 2 teams from the league below (because: Belgium!) Are split into 2 groups, the winners of which will play each other in a semi final to win the chance to play off against the team who finished 5th in the first playoffs, for that last Europa league spot.
    Simplicity itself.

As it stands Kortrijk are 2nd in group A of the second playoffs , so may still eventually be able to play in Europe next season ( I think)

Re: Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've just been having a look to see how one of Vincent's other clubs have been getting on this season. KV Kortrijk in the Belgian Juliper pro league.
    Last time I checked they were towards the bottom of the league, but they must have had a strong second half of the season, as they finished the regular season in 7th, just missing out on a spot in the champions league playoffs by 2 points.
    In that playoff, the teams start with half the points they got during the regular season (rounded up) and they play each other twice, with the top 2 going into the champions league, the next 2 into the Europa league and the 5th place into a playoff final against the winners of the other playoffs for the last Europa league spot.
    The other playoffs are where Kortrijk come in, the teams finishing 7-15 th plus the top 2 teams from the league below (because: Belgium!) Are split into 2 groups, the winners of which will play each other in a semi final to win the chance to play off against the team who finished 5th in the first playoffs, for that last Europa league spot.
    Simplicity itself.

As it stands Kortrijk are 2nd in group A of the second playoffs , so may still eventually be able to play in Europe next season ( I think)
    Where's Loramski when you need him?

Re: Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Where's Loramski when you need him?
    It's a bit mental isn't it.
    You could in theory avoid relegation by a point on the last day of the regular season and then still qualify for Europe the same season.