+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manchester City Players Celebrations..

Manchester City Players Celebrations..

..off to the pub [in Hale, anyway], to celebrate with their fans..

Somehow has a whiff of trying too hard to come across as one of the lads. In the videos they really look uncomfortable.

Patterson, Bamba, Morrison, et al, I can imagine would seem just normal, but these guys are gold-plated, diamond-studded, mega-rich stars, who I doubt have spent much time amongst ordinary folk in recent times..

Re: Manchester City Players Celebrations..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ..off to the pub [in Hale, anyway], to celebrate with their fans..

Somehow has a whiff of trying too hard to come across as one of the lads. In the videos they really look uncomfortable.

Patterson, Bamba, Morrison, et al, I can imagine would seem just normal, but these guys are gold-plated, diamond-studded, mega-rich stars, who I doubt have spent much time amongst ordinary folk in recent times..
    Most of them are foreign which I'm sure has more to do with it than how rich they are. I can't believe John Stones or Kyle Walker would be too uncomfortable around normal folk down the boozer.

This video and the replies in the tweet

https://twitter.com/etisalat/status/...489338369?s=21

To be fair, this is a team that prepares for a PL game with a trip to Dorothy's.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ansea-11926443

It's not Chippy Lane obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Most of them are foreign which I'm sure has more to do with it than how rich they are. I can't believe John Stones or Kyle Walker would be too uncomfortable around normal folk down the boozer.
    Do you not think you get normal folk outside of the U.K.

I doubt any of the Man City players were born rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you not think you get normal folk outside of the U.K.

I doubt any of the Man City players were born rich.
    I shouldn't imagine many of their foreign born players are used to a night down the pub. But what do I know? I've never been anywhere or done anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I shouldn't imagine many of their foreign born players are used to a night down the pub. But what do I know? I've never been anywhere or done anything.
    I have just come back from a nosey around the Bronx, NYC. Seemed a bit upmarket compared to Brighton Beach - although I can't say I saw much of it.

I mean most Europeans go down the pub like, you aren’t the only one who’s ever lived abroad

I mean most Europeans go down the pub like, you aren’t the only one who’s ever lived abroad
    Most Europeans do not go down the pub. Not like in the UK. And half of their first team isn't even European.

Apparently, the players look uncomfortable on their night out.

Do you have any insight into what that may be?

Or are you just here to shoot everyone else's explanation down?

Probably because it’s awkward being a famous person around a load of people who idolise you. I live in à European country btw and go down the pub with colleagues just like I did in the U.K.

I think it's natural for Kompany. See him at the final whistle at his missus parents house somewhere in Manchester. The dad was wearing a United shirt fuming he congratulated kompany though. He comes across very down to earth to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have just come back from a nosey around the Bronx, NYC. Seemed a bit upmarket compared to Brighton Beach - although I can't say I saw much of it.
    Brighton beach. New York, or in the UK?
    Is there something your trying to tell us?
    Last edited by William Treseder; 17-04-18 at 05:38. Reason: Grammar

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think it's natural for Kompany. See him at the final whistle at his missus parents house somewhere in Manchester. The dad was wearing a United shirt fuming he congratulated kompany though. He comes across very down to earth to me.

Belgian

Very close to The very relaxed Netherlands with a long tradition of making and drinking beer

Probably because it’s awkward being a famous person around a load of people who idolise you. I live in à European country btw and go down the pub with colleagues just like I did in the U.K.
    Snap, I live in Europe too....Wales👍👍