+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin

Tomlin

Is he eligible to play for Forest on Saturday?

Re: Tomlin

Tidy.

The rules changed on this a season or two ago. I remember when Gerrard was on loan at Hull and we had Olofinjana in return and they played against each other.

In the same way Ward and Traore will not be included in our squad Saturday either.

It's all academic as he can't play on Saturday but Tomlin wasn't in the match day squad last Saturday for the win over Ipswich.

Looking at the Forest Forum they don't seem to be quite so keen on him now as when he started

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthr...=46631&page=17

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    In the same way Ward and Traore will not be included in our squad Saturday either.
    Traore was a free agent, not a loan. He can be in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Traore was a free agent, not a loan. He can be in the squad.
    Traore is on loan. It was originally reported he was a free agent but that wasn't true.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-traore-joins/

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Traore is on loan. It was originally reported he was a free agent but that wasn't true.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-traore-joins/
    Yes a loan, and I'm glad he's on a loan because he can go back to Forest at the end of the season. We have 6 loan signings, all of which will return to their respective clubs I think. A number of ours are out of contract Wilson,Kennedy, Gunnarsson, Gounongbe, Halford and Murphy. (Not sure if Holiett has signed yet?) We also have O\Keefe, Healey and Camp to come back from loans. So I expect the club to unload a few like Bogle, Tomlin, Pilkington too.

Hoilett hasn't signed a new deal but should we go up I think it'll be a formality.

More of interst is he eligible for the promotion bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes a loan, and I'm glad he's on a loan because he can go back to Forest at the end of the season. We have 6 loan signings, all of which will return to their respective clubs I think. A number of ours are out of contract Wilson,Kennedy, Gunnarsson, Gounongbe, Halford and Murphy. (Not sure if Holiett has signed yet?) We also have O\Keefe, Healey and Camp to come back from loans. So I expect the club to unload a few like Bogle, Tomlin, Pilkington too.
    I think Pilkington may have earned himself another year seeing the way Warnock talks about him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think Pilkington may have earned himself another year seeing the way Warnock talks about him
    I think that's Warnock being Warnock. He won't be here next season.

So it seems Tomlin has worn out his welcome at another club possibly?

It's almost as if Warnock made the right decision despite what most fans wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So it seems Tomlin has worn out his welcome at another club possibly?

It's almost as if Warnock made the right decision despite what most fans wanted.
    Made the right decision by buying him?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    It's all academic as he can't play on Saturday but Tomlin wasn't in the match day squad last Saturday for the win over Ipswich.

Looking at the Forest Forum they don't seem to be quite so keen on him now as when he started

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthr...=46631&page=17
    So strange he was a raging success with us

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Made the right decision by buying him?
    Try again

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hoilett hasn't signed a new deal but should we go up I think it'll be a formality.
    He was modelling next seasons kit today; for promotional campaign.

You'd presume a contract is in place; as it was only a few members of the squad involved and they'd not risk a promotional campaign on someone who won't be around!

Complete waste of space, gonna have to take a big loss on him