+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Sessegnon eyed by Barcelona ( will it effect him now in the last few games )

Ryan Sessegnon eyed by Barcelona ( will it effect him now in the last few games )

I wonder if Ryan Sessegnon will be effected by all these admirer's like Barcelona,Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool.

He is only 17-year-old ,would he be now worried about a long term injury that could jepordise a big move with only a few games to go and big burly Millwall players in particular wanting to hunt him down

Re: Ryan Sessegnon eyed by Barcelona ( will it effect him now in the last few games )

Haha I admire your attempt to find a positive out of this

Could also have the reverse effect and he could be motivated to try even harder to make an impression if bids are incoming. He's been linked with PL clubs for ages now, I'm surprised he hasn't already moved. I think he had options a while ago but signed a new deal which is rare enough for young players being dazzled with shiny things in the PL.

Re: Ryan Sessegnon eyed by Barcelona ( will it effect him now in the last few games )

I can hope

Rest him for the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Haha I admire your attempt to find a positive out of this

Could also have the reverse effect and he could be motivated to try even harder to make an impression if bids are incoming. He's been linked with PL clubs for ages now, I'm surprised he hasn't already moved. I think he had options a while ago but signed a new deal which is rare enough for young players being dazzled with shiny things in the PL.
    I think his family situation has kept him at Fulham longer than expected and it's done him the world of good. He'd never have got the number of games he has under his belt now with Spurs or Arsenal (who went all out to get him before he was 16).

Good for Fulham and it's great to see players of his quality in the Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Your point is well made ,whoever is in the playoffs will need some super motivation and strength after this effort by both sides

He seems level headed. Stayed at Fulham to progress his career and get valuable game experience, toughen him up, and help him progress as a player.
    He's got a bright future.
    Arsenal will ruin him.
    Same as most PL clubs to be fair, no obvious route in at Liverpool unless they dump the Welsh lads..United under mourinho? He's giving the odd player a chance, but only have to look at Martial to see it's not easy there..

I'd stay at Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He seems level headed. Stayed at Fulham to progress his career and get valuable game experience, toughen him up, and help him progress as a player.
    He's got a bright future.
    Arsenal will ruin him.
    Same as most PL clubs to be fair, no obvious route in at Liverpool unless they dump the Welsh lads..United under mourinho? He's giving the odd player a chance, but only have to look at Martial to see it's not easy there..

I'd stay at Fulham.
    I'd join the mighty Cardiff

If you sold him how much do you think he would go for? One hell of a player.

Surely you have to keep at it for the Millwall game, if you win that you are still well in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    If you sold him how much do you think he would go for? One hell of a player.
    If we go up we could start a kitty, and make a bid ,he'd be more loved with us , than one of them fancy dan clubs, who buy him and than loan him out ,or leave him festering on the bench ,watching some 90 million French tart dick about and sulk every other game .

I'd try Germany, plenty of good teams out there who will give him game time.of Fulham don't go up and he wants to get first team experience at a good level.
    Think there are too many teams in the PL who would waste him.

Probably no truth in it but if Barca are interested that's where I'd be heading. The amount of players that come through their youth system to actually play for the club is incredible.

He would have a chance there if good enough unlike at Chelsea etc where he would be hoarded away for another day that will never come. Suppose it didn't do de bruyne, salah or lukaku much damage though.