+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sol Bamba named in the PFA Championship team of the year

Sol Bamba named in the PFA Championship team of the year

Re: Sol Bamba named in the PFA Championship team of the year

That team doesn't look too bad in all fairness. That Boly was immense against us.

I agree with those chosen in defensive and midfield. However, I would definitely have had Hoilet ahead of the wurzel who has done nothing for months and Vydra and Clarke are debatable too.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I agree with those chosen in defensive and midfield. However, I would definitely have had Hoilet ahead of the wurzel who has done nothing for months and Vydra and Clarke are debatable too.
    I'd have had Hoilett, Jota and Vydra (who's top scorer). Reid has done it in a poor side, so fair play...

Agree with Reid and Clarke, not so much Vydra, but who would be ahead of them?

As for the defence, Morrison could easily have been in for Bamba; in fact they both should have ben selected given the team has conceded less goals this season than any other club.

Same applies to Etheridge, who Preston at home aside, has ben a revelation. I didn't rate Ruddy until he decided to turn in a top performance at CCS recently.

If Sessignon wasn't so good then Etheridge should have been young player of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post

As for the defence, Morrison could easily have been in for Bamba; in fact they both should have ben selected given the team has conceded less goals this season than any other club.

Same applies to Etheridge, who Preston at home aside, has ben a revelation. I didn't rate Ruddy until he decided to turn in a top performance at CCS recently.

If Sessignon wasn't so good then Etheridge should have been young player of the year.
    Etheridge is 28. Too old for Young Player award.
    Spedger

My front 3 would've been Adama Traore, Hoilett and Mitrovic on current form. However, as he was only signed in the January window and is technically still a Newcastle player so is probably ineligible my cf would be Zahore!

I didn't realise Bamba was 33, that makes his season even more impressive. He has looked like a player performing at his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Etheridge is 28. Too old for Young Player award.
    Spedger
    I just assumed he was a young lad

I just assumed he was a young lad
    He is compared to Bamba!

Morrison has spent time out injured, guess stuff like that factors in.

If i were to be picky I'd push Sessengon forward to left winger, I agree Clarke has only scored for half a season, can't comment on his performances while he hasn't scored.
    Maybe you could argue a case to put Sessengon left, vydra central and Reid on the right, it sucks that Hoilett isn't included, but on the left I'd have Sessengon ahead of him, if Sessengon were to stay LB then I'd million percent push vydra central and put Hoilett in for Clarke.
    Not really got an argument with the midfield.

Keeper..agree etheridge has been a revelation and a real shame he hasn't been rewarded for it.

My front 3 would've been Adama Traore, Hoilett and Mitrovic on current form. However, as he was only signed in the January window and is technically still a Newcastle player so is probably ineligible my cf would be Zahore!
    Totally with you on that front three, that would be immense.
    If we go up maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If we go up maybe...
    I don't. Traore goes missing and pouts when the game isn't going his way. Could see from the family stand early on he was pissed off v us and as a result wasn't effective.
    I agree his stars are incredible, no denying them, but I'd have to question how he would do over a full season.

If we go up maybe...
    Traore has scored 5 goals for Boro. He looks really good but the truth is, he's not very effective. Jota or Sessegnon deserve to be in there ahead of him. Who knows though, it seems to have finally clicked for Traore under Pulis so he might kick on next season.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't. Traore goes missing and pouts when the game isn't going his way. Could see from the family stand early on he was pissed off v us and as a result wasn't effective.
    I agree his stars are incredible, no denying them, but I'd have to question how he would do over a full season.
    I hear what you're saying, however, on the day, Warnock had clearly identified him as their danger man and as a result we just totally stiffed him on the day and as you say he was ineffective as a result. Our gaffer has a good track record in this regard, Bennett doing a similar job on Maddison Saturday and Peltier on Murphy. I think Adama Traore or either of the aforementioned Norwich players would flourish under Warnock in much the same way as Hoilett has since his arrival.

Should we achieve premiership status, I believe our gaffer will invest in players of this ilk (best Champioship players) as opposed to premiership squad players as he knows the Championship players better than most.

No Halford No Party

I was similarly outraged when Don Cowie was somehow overlooked.

Stick your Cairney and Neves - There's only one Greg Halford

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Traore has scored 5 goals for Boro. He looks really good but the truth is, he's not very effective. Jota or Sessegnon deserve to be in there ahead of him. Who knows though, it seems to have finally clicked for Traore under Pulis so he might kick on next season.
    5 goals and 8 assists and he's only played the equivalent of half the season, less than 2000 minutes of playing time.
    Agree that Jota or sessegnon do deserve it more this time, but I would love to see traore in this Cardiff side.
    Because we aren't reliant on keeping possession players like that get more license to run at teams and beat their man.

http://www.optasportspro.com/about/o.../mbuBlogsyPost

Here's a new metric for evaluating who the best players are in one on ones, it's a little confusing as defenders are lumped in together with attackers, that makes sense to me for arial duels but not so much for ground ones, adama traore is again very near the top. Only Eden hazard better from an attacking point of view.

5 goals and 8 assists and he's only played the equivalent of half the season, less than 2000 minutes of playing time.
    Agree that Jota or sessegnon do deserve it more this time, but I would love to see traore in this Cardiff side.
    Because we aren't reliant on keeping possession players like that get more license to run at teams and beat their man.

http://www.optasportspro.com/about/o.../mbuBlogsyPost

Here's a new metric for evaluating who the best players are in one on ones, it's a little confusing as defenders are lumped in together with attackers, that makes sense to me for arial duels but not so much for ground ones, adama traore is again very near the top. Only Eden hazard better from an attacking point of view.
    He's made 31 appearances this season, and 78 in this country scoring 6 goals. While I think he's certainly exciting I'm not sure if he makes the right decisions enough, whereas players like Hoilett do. He's ridiculously talented and maybe's the penny's finally dropped but he's still extremely raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's made 31 appearances this season, and 78 in this country scoring 6 goals. While I think he's certainly exciting I'm not sure if he makes the right decisions enough, whereas players like Hoilett do. He's ridiculously talented and maybe's the penny's finally dropped but he's still extremely raw.
    Lots of those appearances were as sub, in terms of minutes he's played the equivalent of about 20 games. agree that he hadn't always made the right decision, but has looked twice the player since pulis took over there.
    The rest of the time he was playing in a side that weren't much good at all.

He's still young enough to improve his decision making, only 22 I think, and he certainly has the natural talent to make it.

deserves it

our player of the season for me too

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    deserves it

our player of the season for me too
    Hoilet for me, who can't have been far away from this side in a position with a lot of strength.
    Could end up with 10+ goals and assists which is quite rare.

Hoilett has played a huge part in your season and should be in the team of the year. Vydra? Really?

I hear what you're saying, however, on the day, Warnock had clearly identified him as their danger man and as a result we just totally stiffed him on the day and as you say he was ineffective as a result. Our gaffer has a good track record in this regard, Bennett doing a similar job on Maddison Saturday and Peltier on Murphy. I think Adama Traore or either of the aforementioned Norwich players would flourish under Warnock in much the same way as Hoilett has since his arrival.

Should we achieve premiership status, I believe our gaffer will invest in players of this ilk (best Champioship players) as opposed to premiership squad players as he knows the Championship players better than most.
    Fair point about Warnock getting the best out of him, although to me he comes across as a sulker, so maybe we would end up with a player going more down the Tomlin route than the success of hoilett, who knows

How can such awards be assigned with the most important part of the season yet to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Hoilett has played a huge part in your season and should be in the team of the year. Vydra? Really?
    My thoughts also, Hoilett is our player of the season IMO and should also be in championship team of the year.