+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bridge

The Bridge

The Prince Charles bridge, what is it with this Welsh cult?

Re: The Bridge

Almost as bad as Harry Hewitt and Megan Markle being given the title Duke and Duchess of Conaught.

Still, you Irish turned out in droves when Betty Battenburgh came over to visit you. I bet you wish you hadn't got rid of her.

What's the Prince Charles Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What's the Prince Charles Bridge?
    I think he's referring to the UK government's announcement that the Second Severn Crossing is to be renamed the Prince of Wales Bridge in honour of Charlie Windsor for all the hard work he does in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I think he's referring to the UK government's announcement that the Second Severn Crossing is to be renamed the Prince of Wales Bridge in honour of Charlie Windsor for all the hard work he does in Wales.
    Ah I see. I guess it's better than renaming the Butetown tunnel after his first wife.

Ah I see. I guess it's better than renaming the Butetown tunnel after his first wife.
    That's named after his mother. Although the hospital in Bridgend is named after his 1st wife.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Interesting statement by Alan Cairns when confronted with a petition signed by 25000+ citizens protesting against a lack of consultation he said that he listened to the desires of the silent majority

Ironic that the conservatives didn’t adopt this approach over Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Interesting statement by Alan Cairns when confronted with a petition signed by 25000+ citizens protesting against a lack of consultation he said that he listened to the desires of the silent majority

It was up to 35,000 the last time I saw the figures, which is equivalent to over half a million people for a UK wide petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Almost as bad as Harry Hewitt and Megan Markle being given the title Duke and Duchess of Conaught.

Still, you Irish turned out in droves when Betty Battenburgh came over to visit you. I bet you wish you hadn't got rid of her.
    Droves? 99.999% were oblivious to the fact she visited at all. The others watch soap operas. You know the type.

Cairns will still ignore it no matter how many sign up
    He’s gone too far for a u turn now
    Charles is delighted and honored to accept
    Bristol is changing its name to Camilla City to celebrate the bridge’s easy access

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

He sounds like a complete tool. I'll have to google him.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    He’s Conservative and Secretary of State for Wales

Says it all really imo

He's from Swansea as well. The bastion of "Britishness" and unionism in South Wales

Droves? 99.999% were oblivious to the fact she visited at all. The others watch soap operas. You know the type.
    I'm not saying they were over the moon, but they weren't oblivious were they. I was in Dublin the week before she came and everyone was frothing at the mouth about the "bitch" coming over.

There were thousands turned up in Cork as well to see her. The Irish are welcoming to visitors it seems 😃
    Personally I thought this thread was going to be about that tv series set on that bridge between Sweden and Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I'm not saying they were over the moon, but they weren't oblivious were they. I was in Dublin the week before she came and everyone was frothing at the mouth about the "bitch" coming over.
    OK 99% was a slight exaggertion. Most wouldn't give a toss.

My own personal opinion is that she should of been crawling down O'Connell Street begging for forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    There were thousands turned up in Cork as well to see her. The Irish are welcoming to visitors it seems 😃
    Personally I thought this thread was going to be about that tv series set on that bridge between Sweden and Denmark.
    There weren't thousands. Shoppers would have gathered. Up here I don't know of anyone who would of gone out to see her specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    There were thousands turned up in Cork as well to see her. The Irish are welcoming to visitors it seems ��
    I was hoping this thread was going to be about The Bridge Inn in Ely (one of my all time favourite pubs) reopening.

Should name that radioactive mud that's due to be dumped in the area after him

Who cares really?

They would have been better off selling the naming rights to some multinational corporation.

The MPN windows doors and conservatories Bridge sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Who cares really?

They would have been better off selling the naming rights to some multinational corporation.

The MPN windows doors and conservatories Bridge sounds better.
    The Tan Sri Dato Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun Crossing?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The Tan Sri Dato Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun Crossing?
    Not bad but may be a bridge too far.

The royal family are an expensive anachronism that should have no place in a modern democracy.
    Even worse for Wales, the royals have decided to bestow the title of the ruler of Wales to the eldest son of the monarch, despite them doing literally nothing for Wales or barely spending any time there, and they then ditch that title when they inherit the title of king of England, like it's a summer job they did before starting their proper career.

We should take back the title of the prince of Wales, and give it to a democratically elected head of state or leader of the assembly even.

To call the Severn bridge after that idiot will just be a continual reminder of the desregard for Wales by the English royals abd the wider English establishment.

Oooh! Nice one.

OK 99% was a slight exaggertion. Most wouldn't give a toss.

My own personal opinion is that she should of been crawling down O'Connell Street begging for forgiveness.
    No arguments from me here.