Because they donate to the Tory party

https://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/...qoj#.jdLrXYKBW

Scandalous.

Re: Government refuse to allow raid of French company

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Because they donate to the Tory party

https://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/...qoj#.jdLrXYKBW

Scandalous.
    Mambo and the other like minded will be along any moment to tell you it’s all Jezzas fault

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    erm are you sure mate ?

"Confidential correspondence between British government officials and their French counterparts, shown to BuzzFeed News by a source in the UK, reveals that the French wanted British authorities to raid Lycamobile’s London headquarters last year and seize evidence as part of their investigation into money laundering and tax fraud by the company."

If you have 'confidential correspondence' you usually publish it - and not reveal the source. In this case it seems they have said they have seen an email (presumeably digitally stamped so as to prove it hasnt been spoofed ?) and they said the email from HMRC says

"The letter, from the team at HMRC that handles law enforcement requests from foreign governments, continued: “It is of note that they are the biggest corporate donor to the Conservative party led by Prime Minister Theresa May and donated 1.25m Euros to the Prince Charles Trust in 2012.” The email referred to Lycamobile's donations to the British Asian Trust, which was founded by the Prince of Wales to tackle poverty in South Asia, not to his youth foundation The Prince's Trust which has never received any money from Lycamobile."

That does not sound the sort of email / correspondence HMRC and certainly not the type of language and detail they would use. The HMRC saying that, doesnt ring true to me. Buzzfeed would really need to get the email verifiction double checked. HMRC keep all email correspondence - so maybe easy to cross reference.
    Bloody knew it. Oh and HMRC does NOT keep all email correspondence

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Bloody knew it. Oh and HMRC does NOT keep all email correspondence
    HM Revenue & Customs today admitted blundering by referring to Lycamobile's donations to the Tories and a trust linked to Prince Charles as it rejected French requests for help with a money-laundering probe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ile-probe.html

erm are you sure mate ?

"Confidential correspondence between British government officials and their French counterparts, shown to BuzzFeed News by a source in the UK, reveals that the French wanted British authorities to raid Lycamobile’s London headquarters last year and seize evidence as part of their investigation into money laundering and tax fraud by the company."

If you have 'confidential correspondence' you usually publish it - and not reveal the source. In this case it seems they have said they have seen an email (presumeably digitally stamped so as to prove it hasnt been spoofed ?) and they said the email from HMRC says

"The letter, from the team at HMRC that handles law enforcement requests from foreign governments, continued: “It is of note that they are the biggest corporate donor to the Conservative party led by Prime Minister Theresa May and donated 1.25m Euros to the Prince Charles Trust in 2012.” The email referred to Lycamobile's donations to the British Asian Trust, which was founded by the Prince of Wales to tackle poverty in South Asia, not to his youth foundation The Prince's Trust which has never received any money from Lycamobile."

That does not sound the sort of email / correspondence HMRC and certainly not the type of language and detail they would use. The HMRC saying that, doesnt ring true to me. Buzzfeed would really need to get the email verifiction double checked. HMRC keep all email correspondence - so maybe easy to cross reference.

erm are you sure mate ?

It does seem a brave e mail , and knowing HMRC and its black and white buercratic workings, does anyone really think they would write such a flagrant e mail ,its more like a cocky corporate banker e mail ??
    Does need deeper examination though

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It does seem a brave e mail , and knowing HMRC and its black and white buercratic workings, does anyone really think they would write such a flagrant e mail ,its more like a cocky corporate banker e mail ??
    Does need deeper examination though
    They have admitted it ffs.

Check the handbook, now you need to blame the civil service.

Charitable donations are the next scandal, which themselves are part of an even bigger scandal. Is it any wonder that nobody wants to go there?

You do realise that the type of stuff you deal with is dealt with by people working at the lower grades at HMRC. Of course they wouldn’t use wording or styles of writing as mentioned above.

The email concerned would have been written by someone of a senior grade.

Does anyone actually log in and out of this site?

Youre on my ignore list - so I only see your 'stuff' when not logged in. Thanks for the 'man / womansplaining' advice, Im aware how the revenue works, my accountant and tax adviser are all ex revenue Tax inspectors. I would ask them for their thoughts - but they'll probably charge 50 quid to send a letter!!

As said re this case - I would like to / expect to see the judge's summing up advice and how / why he came to any decision. The French authorities could have / should have appealed it.

As for the revenue 'senior grade' official - they'll have some explaining to do - as this is not the SoP as far as correspondence is concerned.
    Grow up FFS. You really don’t like it when someone whether it’s a man or woman disagrees with you do you?

No need to ask one of your inspector friends, as what I’ve said is correct.

I’m waiting with baited breath to see who the email came from.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Does anyone actually log in and out of this site?
    No just Nins.

What I dont like is someone who seems to think that anyone who isnt a Corbyn / Labour supporter is someone to despise / hate, as you have demonstrated many times. You'd vote for dog shite as long as it had a red rose on it

So to give it back to you - why dont you grow up FFS, get your tongue out of Corbyn / McDonnell , Abbotts backside. You are desperate to move the story on from your Anti Zionist friends over at Labour HQ.

I used to be a Labour voter - but to be honest with you - it was people like you, that fecked me off with Labour politics, the wagging of the ever knowing finger - nanny state knows best.

That's why I had you on ignore. I'm happy to listen to anyone unless their cock eyed political opinion gets in the way - which in your case it lets you down everytime.

Im more than happy to give it out to all sides of politics - there are very few I like, as they all have a stupid agenda.

- ps my 'inspector friends' are not friends, they are people I sort help from over the years and Ive been charged the full whack. Mainly due to countless regs and hoops Ive had to jump through from hmrc.

Have a great day.
    As I said, stop throwing temper tantrums and grow up. You don’t know who I vote for, you don’t know me. And as for telling me to get my tongue out of someone’s arse, that just sums you right up. Pathetic statement, as usual with you.

I hate the Tories though and everything they stand for. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    As I said, stop throwing temper tantrums and grow up. You don’t know who I vote for, you don’t know me. And as for telling me to get my tongue out of someone’s arse, that just sums you right up. Pathetic statement, as usual with you.

I hate the Tories though and everything they stand for. Hope that helps
    Oh and PS get your tongue from up Mays and Boris arse

I'm not sure why you bother with me to be honest. As for your political allegiances seeing as you despise any one non Labour - then I think we can work it out. You're right though - I dont know you and I dont fecking want to either - you sound like a right idiot (which is probably one of your best qualities).

So far - my vote has gone to Foot, Kinnock, Blair, Plaid (protest vote), post that it's been Lib Dem or Tory on account that Labour are just a perpetual bunch of protesters - and still are. Stick me on your ignore / despise list - that'll do me just fine.
    Bore off FFS.