+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All this recycling and care for the planet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: All this recycling and care for the planet

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Should have left the rag-and-bone men carry on. !

Not a lot got wasted in the 40's and 50's, it's these throw-away frigging youngsters are the problem.
    True that, when we were kids we had one metal dustbin, mostly referred to as the ash bin, and the dustbin men were the ashbin men. No food wasted, left overs was tomorrow’s tea. No need for recycling paper, that all went on the fire. The stuff that went in the bin was the ashes from the fire. Imagine that now, one ash bin per household, there’s foodstuff now that has natural packaging that is still packed in plastic. Suppose coal fires weren’t environmentally friendly but I’d love to turn the clock back for an hour and have a walk around Cardiff taking in that old smell of the working chimneys.

Re: All this recycling and care for the planet

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    True that, when we were kids we had one metal dustbin, mostly referred to as the ash bin, and the dustbin men were the ashbin men. No food wasted, left overs was tomorrow’s tea. No need for recycling paper, that all went on the fire. The stuff that went in the bin was the ashes from the fire. Imagine that now, one ash bin per household, there’s foodstuff now that has natural packaging that is still packed in plastic. Suppose coal fires weren’t environmentally friendly but I’d love to turn the clock back for an hour and have a walk around Cardiff taking in that old smell of the working chimneys.
    I think it's the production of paper that's the problem, not how to dispose of it. There was no need for recycling because no one gave a shit about the rainforests, they seemed to think they were infinite and deforestation was much slower.