+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All this recycling and care for the planet

Re: All this recycling and care for the planet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I got the t shirt Cyril,I worked horses for many years.
    I loved that t shirt as well but my mam said that it was worn to shreds and someone would make use of it!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I loved that t shirt as well but my mam said that it was worn to shreds and someone would make use of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Bones from the food you eat.
    glue & soap from marrow, bones used for knife handles

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yes, let’s just give up on the planet, life and everything.
    Shush now nick

It's all too late , glad I ain't got kids , I reckon in 100 years this planet will be gone and we will all be dust

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shush now nick

It's all too late , glad I ain't got kids , I reckon in 100 years this planet will be gone and we will all be dust
    And therein lies the reason for your silly, selfish, short sighted, defeatist attitude on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    What is needed is a massive event that wipes of humanity off the face of the earth (hopefully until not have the Reading game though).

I listened to a very interesting debate from a couple of cambridge profs re data they have studied from the ice caps. Interesting to note that the 'ice caps' have not always been ice caps, they were once tropical and the earth has been a lot hotter than it has been over the last x million years.

The interesting point was that although we have always had the same amount of carbon on the planet - it has been trapped and not released into the atmosphere. There have been (according to the profs) at least one massive seismic event from an underground volcano (they suspect) that dumped masses of carbon into the sea and subsequently the atmosphere which has been enough to effect climate change.

They said - we still live on an ever changing planet re carbon in the atmosphere - BUT our lifestyle and wastage of fossil fuels etc - has accelerated it so much it may soon be irreversible - no matter what we. what a happy thought....
    Of course the earth was once hotter but it wasn't habitable for humans at the time.

It's like saying it doesn't matter if my house burns down as once there was no house and it was just grass there.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    True that, when we were kids we had one metal dustbin, mostly referred to as the ash bin, and the dustbin men were the ashbin men. No food wasted, left overs was tomorrow’s tea. No need for recycling paper, that all went on the fire. The stuff that went in the bin was the ashes from the fire. Imagine that now, one ash bin per household, there’s foodstuff now that has natural packaging that is still packed in plastic. Suppose coal fires weren’t environmentally friendly but I’d love to turn the clock back for an hour and have a walk around Cardiff taking in that old smell of the working chimneys.
    I think it's the production of paper that's the problem, not how to dispose of it. There was no need for recycling because no one gave a shit about the rainforests, they seemed to think they were infinite and deforestation was much slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    And therein lies the reason for your silly, selfish, short sighted, defeatist attitude on this matter.
    I am dealing with facts , people thinking going into Waitrose and buying dolphin friendly tuna is going to make a piss of difference are the ones being silly ........as they drive off , with the kids , in their gas guzzling Chelsea tractor

It's all too late

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am dealing with facts , people thinking going into Waitrose and buying dolphin friendly tuna is going to make a piss of difference are the ones being silly ........as they drive off , with the kids , in their gas guzzling Chelsea tractor

It's all too late
    Just for you sludge, seems apt, here is a renewable energy advert featuring slayer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4VmUp64kS0

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Just for you sludge, seems apt, here is a renewable energy advert featuring slayer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4VmUp64kS0
    People are making money out of us being at the point of no return

Since 1960 , which is hardly any time given how long the planet has been around , we have decimated 65% of known species

When all the trees have been cut down , the rivers have run dry and the animals are gone then you will know you cannot eat money !! Sitting Bull

Shades of death is all I see, fragments of what used to be ...........skeletons of society............................slayer