+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worrying thoughts about tonights game.

Worrying thoughts about tonights game.

Millwall and Cardiff play a similar style of football...getting the ball forward quickly..tall strong players throughout.
    When we played Fulham away we stole a point near the end...and at home they tore us a new one. I realise a New Den sellout ( will Fulham be allowed into the lower stand?)
    is something to behold , but I have a feeling that The Cottage wankers will get behind the Wall defence numerous times..scoring at will.

Re: Worrying thoughts about tonights game.

Wolves drew 2-2 with them at the Den, so yes they are susceptible.

I don’t think fulham are as good as wolves, we we’ve also had two good performances against wolves despite losing one.

It’s too close to call, but I’d be surprised if it’s very one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Wolves drew 2-2 with them at the Den, so yes they are susceptible.

I don’t think fulham are as good as wolves, we we’ve also had two good performances against wolves despite losing one.

It’s too close to call, but I’d be surprised if it’s very one sided.
    Cardiff also drew at the Den by the way, and although they didn't deserve to win on the night, were only denied one by probably the worst refereeing howler seen in one of our games this season.

I'm surprised by some of the goal galore predictions regarding tonight's match in another thread, both sides' good recent results have been largely based on the fact they let so few goals in. I've been thinking that this was the most likely match for Fulham to come a cropper in for weeks, but now the day's arrived, I'm not so sure and am edging towards a 1-0 win for them - they did look knackered against Brentford though, so maybe a second successive 1-1 draw is the better bet?

That’s what I thought, low scoring game one goal perhaps 2.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Millwall and Cardiff play a similar style of football...getting the ball forward quickly..tall strong players throughout.
    When we played Fulham away we stole a point near the end...and at home they tore us a new one. I realise a New Den sellout ( will Fulham be allowed into the lower stand?)
    is something to behold , but I have a feeling that The Cottage wankers will get behind the Wall defence numerous times..scoring at will.
    Although I agree with your "they tore us a new one", I seem to remember that it was a very poor display by the Referee.

It's not often I blame refs, but I think he gave them everything and gave us frigg all.

When, Zohore scored that wonder goal, to bring it back to 1-2, we were all over them, until they scored a breakaway third, from I believe our either a free kick or corner in their half. (several missed tackles in their move as well)

Interesting stats ahead of tonight's game. Fulham have taken the lead in 37 of their 43 league games but been pegged back level 14 times. Only Wolves have scored the first goal in games more often than Fulham, yet Fulham have dropped 19 points when scoring first - by way of comparison we've dropped 5 points.

If Fulham score first or lead at some point, there's no reason to think that's game over.

Millwall to score early on then defend for the rest of the match conceding the equaliser in the 88th minute.

Hopefully Millwall do us and themselves a big favour. Would love to see 2 rough diamonds like the Lions and the Bluebirds garecrash the elitist shindig.

International

all their games seem low scoring, let's hope for 1 - 0 Millwall.

A draw really won't change anything, they will still only need one game more than us to catch us. A loss would mean 2 with only two to play, assume we beat forest of course!!.
    And a loss would mean if we lose tomorrow (God forefend) we would still be second.

keep the faith!!!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hopefully Millwall do us and themselves a big favour. Would love to see 2 rough diamonds like the Lions and the Bluebirds garecrash the elitist shindig.
    Can you imagine West ham vs millwall at the Olympic stadium with 24 stewards

Whatever happens we just need to do our bit but 'wall are no mugs I'm confident they can at least pick up a point

I'm more worried about tomorrow TBH.

Anything positive Millwall can do will be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    A draw really won't change anything, they will still only need one game more than us to catch us.
    It would, quite significantly. If Fulham only drew tonight, we need 2 points less from our remaining 4 games - in other words, 2 wins and a draw gets us promotion. That's a far better prospect than needing 3 wins.

Bottom tier not available( probably for our safety) Fulham not beating teams by more than 1 goal of late, and always going to in a goal,
    I can see millwall being up for it, and Fulham not playing that well, 1-1 draw

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I'm more worried about tomorrow TBH.

Anything positive Millwall can do will be a bonus.
    Expect Fulham to win and anything better for us is a bonus indeed. Have to at least match Fulhams results from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Although I agree with your "they tore us a new one", I seem to remember that it was a very poor display by the Referee.

It's not often I blame refs, but I think he gave them everything and gave us frigg all.

When, Zohore scored that wonder goal, to bring it back to 1-2, we were all over them, until they scored a breakaway third, from I believe our either a free kick or corner in their half. (several missed tackles in their move as well)
    Exactly.
    Fulham are a good side, but so are Millwall and Fulham will struggle against their abrasive style as much as Millwall will struggle with Fulhams passing and movement

Don’t worry, about a thing. Cos every little thing , is gonna be alright.

Bump

Bump
    Game of 2 halfs though.

Would have been very different if Millwall had taken 1 or 2 of their early chances.

As said they caused Fulham a load of problems with their direct approach

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Game of 2 halfs though.

Would have been very different if Millwall had taken 1 or 2 of their early chances.

As said they caused Fulham a load of problems with their direct approach
    “Loads of problems” is stretching it a bit.
    A couple of chances, but Millwall were mainly gash.

Should've been 3 up at half time second half blown away

Millwall had plenty of decent chances in the first half and lots of poor/hasty clearances from Fulham. I think that description is fair enough.