+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wenger out

Re: Wenger out

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    They'll never have any stability when they keep changing their manager every 22 years.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fantastic manager once, but can anyone think of a worse example of someone who outlived his usefulness? His last decade at Arsenal has seen a big decline in his reputation and I think it's been deserved. That said, he has been a victim of his own success to some extent - Arsenal have been the best team in the country in the FA Cup in recent seasons, but that rather emphaises what they, and Wenger, have become.
    The other, other Bob sounds like he might take you to task

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p064wnll

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    They'll never have any stability when they keep changing their manager every 22 years.

I wonder if they'll make a move for Ralf Hasenhuttl, or Roger Schmit.
    Or perhaps a real left field appointment - Graham Potter

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Antonio Conte
    Thats not a bad shout

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Allegri fancies a crack apparently.
    Who doesn't ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fantastic manager once, but can anyone think of a worse example of someone who outlived his usefulness? His last decade at Arsenal has seen a big decline in his reputation and I think it's been deserved. That said, he has been a victim of his own success to some extent - Arsenal have been the best team in the country in the FA Cup in recent seasons, but that rather emphaises what they, and Wenger, have become.
    I thought Fergie was running on empty in his last year and was lucky to win his last title .

Other than that Alan Durban / Phil Neale outlived their usefulness after the first month

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought Fergie was running on empty in his last year and was lucky to win his last title .

Other than that Alan Durban / Phil Neale outlived their usefulness after the first month
    Thought it proved how good Fergie was winning with that side

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Give it to Piers Morgan I say
    I would love to see that. And give Wenger a Twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Tuchel
    That would seem to make a lot of sense, with Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan at the club too.

He inherited a steely defensive structure. What he did to transform the team in attack bringing in artists like Bergkamp and Pires moved the team from hated to admired. The expectations on how footballers looked after themselves and the culture of the team changed English football and in the case of a couple of players probably saved their lives. I don't think he ever knew how to replicate that defensive strength and became fixated on the beauty of attacking. Stubborn and obsessive which is probably why he stayed too long but one of the great managers of the English game.

Also Jardim or Arteta could be a decent option.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would love to see that. And give Wenger a Twitter account.
    What about Corbyn he maybe looking for a role ?

He was a game changer. And they played some lovely stuff under him.

I always hated Arsenal, but Wenger turned me around. I shall be rooting for them them to left the UEFA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He inherited a steely defensive structure. What he did to transform the team in attack bringing in artists like Bergkamp and Pires moved the team from hated to admired. The expectations on how footballers looked after themselves and the culture of the team changed English football and in the case of a couple of players probably saved their lives. I don't think he ever knew how to replicate that defensive strength and became fixated on the beauty of attacking. Stubborn and obsessive which is probably why he stayed too long but one of the great managers of the English game.
    I haven’t checked but I could have sworn Bruce Rioch was the manager who signed Bergkamp

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I haven’t checked but I could have sworn Bruce Rioch was the manager who signed Bergkamp
    You are correct

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Did I say bringing in? I meant bringing on! My bad

Is there a minutes applause?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Eddie Howe would be a good fit there. Probably taken Bournemouth as far as he can.
    I think there's a strong chance he will.

I think How's is a cert. for future England manager. I hope he fails miserably.

Can’t see them going for Eddie Howe at all. Luis Enrique will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Also Jardim or Arteta could be a decent option.
    Word is it's going to be arteta

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Word is it's going to be arteta
    Not a bad shout. Risky mind as he wont have long before the fans are on his back.

Wenger is one of the most overrated managers in British football. Any other manager at a top European club wouldve been sacked a long time ago, if they failed to win a league title as long as he has, and never won a European cup. He walked into a club with a tremendous spine, that was full of leaders, he got lucky with Henry, but over the years, hes slowly turned arsenal into the biggest bunch of fairies out of all the top clubs in Europe. How he kept that job as long as he has, is a total mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Wenger is one of the most overrated managers in British football. Any other manager at a top European club wouldve been sacked a long time ago, if they failed to win a league title as long as he has, and never won a European cup. He walked into a club with a tremendous spine, that was full of leaders, he got lucky with Henry, but over the years, hes slowly turned arsenal into the biggest bunch of fairies out of all the top clubs in Europe. How he kept that job as long as he has, is a total mystery
    Have you seen how much money he's made that club