+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wonder how many teams have failed to go up after being unbeaten in the whole 2nd half of the season?

Wonder how many teams have failed to go up after being unbeaten in the whole 2nd half of the season?

As that’s certainly possible for Fulham if we can win our games. They’ve also won pretty much all of those with just a handful of draws.

Or I wonder if a team has ever gone all season unbeaten and not gone up?

Re: Wonder how many teams have failed to go up after being unbeaten in the whole 2nd half of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    As that’s certainly possible for Fulham if we can win our games. They’ve also won pretty much all of those with just a handful of draws.

Or I wonder if a team has ever gone all season unbeaten and not gone up?
    We have won two games more than them and drawn five less over the season, so we deserve to go up more than them.

Re: Wonder how many teams have failed to go up after being unbeaten in the whole 2nd half of the season?

Yes of course. I just can’t believe anyone has ever had the run Fulham have had and not gone up. What will be? P 24, W21 D3 L0?

Yes of course. I just can’t believe anyone has ever had the run Fulham have had and not gone up. What will be? P 24, W21 D3 L0?
    The other stat is that no-one has failed to go up with the points we had on the board before Xmas. Something will have to give this year and if we do make it then it will make success all the sweeter.

Well we know now we have to get to 92 points so we shall see.

That will be another record broken as nobody has ever got more than 90 points and not gone up.

I just feel it’s such a big ask to win all 3 as draws are the same as a loss now really.

Ah **** em. They are not the Harlem Globetrotters.

Beat Forest tomorrow and it’s back to square one with games running out.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ah **** em. They are not the Harlem Globetrotters.

Beat Forest tomorrow and it’s back to square one with games running out.
    Pressure massively on them if we win tomorrow. I can still see them dropping points in one of their last two, but I'd hope we win our games for it not to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Pressure massively on them if we win tomorrow. I can still see them dropping points in one of their last two, but I'd hope we win our games for it not to matter.
    Absolutely!

The other side to that coin is that how many sides have been promoted after such an inept start?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The other side to that coin is that how many sides have been promoted after such an inept start?
    Exactly, so many people drooling over Fulham and their unbeaten run but they were pretty poor for half a season whereas we have been consistent bar the poor run over Xmas.