+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So we need 3 points from the next 3 games to take it to the last day at least

So we need 3 points from the next 3 games to take it to the last day at least

That would be a great occasion and hopefully close to a full house if we can take it to the end. 👍

Re: So we need 3 points from the next 3 games to take it to the last day at least

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    That would be a great occasion and hopefully close to a full house if we can take it to the end. ��
    How does that work FD ?

Re: So we need 3 points from the next 3 games to take it to the last day at least

we'll need more than 3 points

Basically..if you haven't already..get your Reading tickets now!

We'll beat Forest and Derby..lose to Hull...then it's the nailbiter from hell

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I'd still rather be in our position right now. And Warnock knows how to get out of this division.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Why?

3 points gets us to 86. Fulham will be on 88 going in to the last day. We could still catch them if we beat reading and they lost in Birmingham. They’d just need a point to secure it due to GD.

Why?

3 points gets us to 86. Fulham will be on 88 going in to the last day. We could still catch them if we beat reading and they lost in Birmingham. They’d just need a point to secure it due to GD.
    I would prefer they have to catch us , your scenario means we will not catch them as they will probably win both of their remaining games. We still hold the upper hand and must take advantage of it.

Yes they will win their 2 remaining games of course. However I was just saying if we were 2 points behind then there would at least be a mathematical chance going in to the last day.

Yes they will win their 2 remaining games of course. However I was just saying if we were 2 points behind then there would at least be a mathematical chance going in to the last day.
    Currently, it is Cardiff's promotion to lose. In your scenario, Cardiff would need a bit of luck to go up. Not sure how that is a cause for celebration.

If we only take 3 points from our next 3 games we will not be going anywhere but the play offs.

How many do we need do you think? 6 absolute minimum? You are probably right it was more just a scenario thing.

How many do we need do you think? 6 absolute minimum? You are probably right it was more just a scenario thing.
    We need to win 2 of our next 3 games and then beat Reading at home for you to have a great final day, and nerves of steel. I don`t care how they come but 9 points are needed to keep the Cottagers at bay.

That would be a great occasion and hopefully close to a full house if we can take it to the end. 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I would prefer they have to catch us , your scenario means we will not catch them as they will probably win both of their remaining games. We still hold the upper hand and must take advantage of it.

As of now we need 9 points to guarantee 2nd spot. no forecasting where Fulham will drop points - they won't if they play like they did 2nd half at the Den.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I'd still rather be in our position right now. And Warnock knows how to get out of this division.
    If i was Fulham last game away at Brum might be tough or a worry if they need points to stay up , lets see what happens tonight it all about momentum if we carry the positiveness from last weeks great win we will get there .

Bloody good stuff never thought in a 100 years we woudl be where we are now, madness .

Strangely, not looking to be the bashing boys in the big league