+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit of positivity

Re: Bit of positivity

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do people get so defensive about people discussing Fulham? They’re our rivals to second place obviously they are going to be talked about and scrutinised on here.

Are we not allowed to talk about anything other than cardiff winning?
    Nothing wrong with sharing objective opinions, it starts to go a bit wonky when emotions rule the brain. And unless you are on the pitch, what you think or say won't make a blind bit of difference to the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do people get so defensive about people discussing Fulham? They’re our rivals to second place obviously they are going to be talked about and scrutinised on here.

Are we not allowed to talk about anything other than cardiff winning?
    Eric’s been a bit ott on this thread.
    Nobody’s up there arse, but they are an impressive side who are pushing us all the way. In a one off between us and them, I wouldn’t be very confident at the moment.
    That doesn’t mean I’m all of a sudden anti Cardiff.
    Eric rolls out stat after stat about other teams including Fulham, but it seems the rest of us have to happy clap the Bluebirds over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Eric’s been a bit ott on this thread.
    Nobody’s up there arse, but they are an impressive side who are pushing us all the way. In a one off between us and them, I wouldn’t be very confident at the moment.
    That doesn’t mean I’m all of a sudden anti Cardiff.
    Eric rolls out stat after stat about other teams including Fulham, but it seems the rest of us have to happy clap the Bluebirds over the line.
    I've just calculated that we need an extra 1,500 blades of grass per square meter in order to increase the elevation of Hoilett's crosses by 0.275%, which will compensate for Zohore's new haircut and give us the extra 2 goals we require to ensure that we gain promotion.

In a one off between us and them, I wouldn’t be very confident at the moment.
    I can't for the life of me understand why.

We've got 2 very winnable games coming up. 4 points clear with 2 to play if we win them both. Reading should be as much of a gimme as any of Fulham's games.

It's as if some fans are expecting us to implode. Bar results last December, we've shown absolutely no sign of this happening in 2018. The two games we've lost recently we can definitely consider ourselves unlucky, in a similar way that Fulham can consider themselves fortunate not to have been a couple of goals down at half time last night.

I get annoyed when some think that Fulham are the 2nd best team in the division. We've shown over the season that we thoroughly deserve where we are on merit. I then get even more pissed off when Fulham get a result and there are our own supporters saying "I told you so", as if they want that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

We've got 2 very winnable games coming up. 4 points clear with 2 to play if we win them both. Reading should be as much of a gimme as any of Fulham's games.

It's as if some fans are expecting us to implode. Bar results last December, we've shown absolutely no sign of this happening in 2018. The two games we've lost recently we can definitely consider ourselves unlucky, in a similar way that Fulham can consider themselves fortunate not to have been a couple of goals down at half time last night.

I get annoyed when some think that Fulham are the 2nd best team in the division. We've shown over the season that we thoroughly deserve where we are on merit. I then get even more pissed off when Fulham get a result and there are our own supporters saying "I told you so", as if they want that to happen.
    So you don't think Fulham were easy on the eye during the second half against Millwall?

This is so spot on lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Sorry Eric. Your talking complete bollox if you think any of us want Fulham to win just to prove a point. I’ve never really mentioned them up till last night. If you go over my recent posts I’ve been as confident as anyone and as positive as anyone, but a blind man could see hiow impressive Fulham were last night. Like a good boxer, they sized up there opponents then clinically killed them of.
    I’ll be there tonight shouting on the City, and hopefully we’ll see off Forest and eventually get over the line., but I’m not ultra confident.
    Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So you don't think Fulham were easy on the eye during the second half against Millwall?
    Who cares whether they were easy on the eye or not? There are plenty of times we're not easy to watch but we've been more effective as a team over the course of the season than they have. I don't care for passing stats, possession figures etc. Leicester won the Premier League with among the worst possession stats that season. If being easy on the eye was the only criteria, Fulham would have gone up long before Wolves.

Being easy on the eye doesn't equate to being a better team.

Again, it'll be interesting to see how they deal with two sides that might need wins to stay in the division. Even if they win both of them, I still fancy us to get 3 wins out of 4. Our home form has been fantastic. Surely if people think Fulham are going to stroll to victory in their last two, then they logically have to say the same about our home games. That means getting one away win out of 2. Job done. Let Fulham slip up in the playoffs.

Sorry Eric. Your talking complete bollox if you think any of us want Fulham to win just to prove a point. I’ve never really mentioned them up till last night. If you go over my recent posts I’ve been as confident as anyone and as positive as anyone, but a blind man could see hiow impressive Fulham were last night. Like a good boxer, they sized up there opponents then clinically killed them of.
    I’ll be there tonight shouting on the City, and hopefully we’ll see off Forest and eventually get over the line., but I’m not ultra confident.
    Sorry about that.
    I've seen posters going on the offensive to back up their opinions on Fulham. Well, one in particular.

This isn't a dig at you. Fine if you were impressed. My post is aimed at those who have been touting them for weeks and weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sometimes the fat or ugly girls **** better because they don’t get it very often
    Always the most appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fulham went up a gear in the second half, and they really do look Premier League class. I'd go a step further and say they are better suited for promotion compared to us. We'd need to have a major overhaul of our playing staff to have any chance of staying up.
    We need to score more points than 3 other teams to stay up. That'll do for me for the 1st season.