+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bit of positivity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bit of positivity

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why.

We've got 2 very winnable games coming up. 4 points clear with 2 to play if we win them both. Reading should be as much of a gimme as any of Fulham's games.

It's as if some fans are expecting us to implode. Bar results last December, we've shown absolutely no sign of this happening in 2018. The two games we've lost recently we can definitely consider ourselves unlucky, in a similar way that Fulham can consider themselves fortunate not to have been a couple of goals down at half time last night.

I get annoyed when some think that Fulham are the 2nd best team in the division. We've shown over the season that we thoroughly deserve where we are on merit. I then get even more pissed off when Fulham get a result and there are our own supporters saying "I told you so", as if they want that to happen.
    So you don't think Fulham were easy on the eye during the second half against Millwall?

Re: Bit of positivity

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So you don't think Fulham were easy on the eye during the second half against Millwall?
    Who cares whether they were easy on the eye or not? There are plenty of times we're not easy to watch but we've been more effective as a team over the course of the season than they have. I don't care for passing stats, possession figures etc. Leicester won the Premier League with among the worst possession stats that season. If being easy on the eye was the only criteria, Fulham would have gone up long before Wolves.

Being easy on the eye doesn't equate to being a better team.

Again, it'll be interesting to see how they deal with two sides that might need wins to stay in the division. Even if they win both of them, I still fancy us to get 3 wins out of 4. Our home form has been fantastic. Surely if people think Fulham are going to stroll to victory in their last two, then they logically have to say the same about our home games. That means getting one away win out of 2. Job done. Let Fulham slip up in the playoffs.