+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenneth Zohore

Kenneth Zohore

When big Ken plays well, we win

Let's get behind the big man

Massive game tomorrow. Got put them away and put the pressure back on Fulham. Sunderland won't be easy for them on Friday. This is the championship....

Re: Kenneth Zohore

Start Madine to soften them up for Big Ken again...

Nah Ken gotta start

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Nah Ken gotta start
    Worked Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Worked Saturday.
    Might happen, Warnock was bigging Madine up this week.

Could be Zohore has a restricted energy tank, and is a player that can't play and perform twice a week at the same skill and power level .

Truly hope Madine does score, as he could be our number 1 forward next year if we fail to go up, perhaps in a two with Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Might happen, Warnock was bigging Madine up this week.

Could be Zohore has a restricted energy tank, and is a player that can't play and perform twice a week at the same skill and power level .

Truly hope Madine does score, as he could be our number 1 forward next year if we fail to go up, perhaps in a two with Ward.
    Warnock was also having a dig at Zohore about him being a striker who's not been booked (the only yellow card he's got since joining us was for taking his shirt off after scoring against Fulham last season). It's more mind games from our manager I reckon, but Gary Lineker, who wasn't a bad striker, was never booked in his entire career and the man whose goal beat Real Madrid, Brian Clark, was only booked the once during a fine City career.

Hope Madine shows a lot more than he has done for us this season if he does turn out to be our number one striker next year.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock was also having a dig at Zohore about him being a striker who's not been booked (the only yellow card he's got since joining us was for taking his shirt off after scoring against Fulham last season). It's more mind games from our manager I reckon, but Gary Lineker, who wasn't a bad striker, was never booked in his entire career and the man whose goal beat Real Madrid, Brian Clark, was only booked the once during a fine City career.

Hope Madine shows a lot more than he has done for us this season if he does turn out to be our number one striker next year.
    I’d start madine today. Even if a change has to be made at half time. I think we get more out of zohore by not starting him at the moment.

Madine will also come good. He’ll relish today.

Re bookings- not sure if that’s a criticism from Warnock or not?!

Says a lot about Kenny's inability to wind up and distract defenders ih hes had no yellows. Id like to see him more central, moving off the ball looking for space, seeking the ball, facing in the direction of goal demanding the ball to feet, chest, over the shoulder.....and getting in the face of defenders. Start GM, 20 mins for a more physical Kenny and more route one.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I’d start madine today. Even if a change has to be made at half time. I think we get more out of zohore by not starting him at the moment.

On 2nd thoughts why not start them both today? BBC says forest have already set a record for goals from most set pieces and corners conceded. Perfect for us. Start them both I say.

Lineker never had to tackle. As the game evolved, strikers were asked to do more defensive work - even defending set pieces. Mind you, it's perplexing to see a manager moan about a player with good discipline.

I think you’re right, Bob, and hope it doesn’t backfire and Ken takes it to extremes and gets himself sent off.

I could be wrong, but seem to recall a story about Neil getting rid of a classy centre back years ago, as he hadn’t been booked for a season prior to him taking over as manager!

In Brian Clark's time refs were much more lenient. Today's players would have been laughed at back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmain Blue View Post
    I think you’re right, Bob, and hope it doesn’t backfire and Ken takes it to extremes and gets himself sent off.

I could be wrong, but seem to recall a story about Neil getting rid of a classy centre back years ago, as he hadn’t been booked for a season prior to him taking over as manager!
    Wouldn't surprise me at all about the centreback - hats off to our manager for the job he has done here, but I don't think I'd be anywhere near as big a football fan as I am if every manager had the same philosophy and playing style as Neil Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

I'd imagine he's criticising a perceived lack of aggression from Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Worked Saturday.
    If by that, you mean Madine softened the Norwich defence up prior to Zohore's introduction, then that's just a falacy. Madine was almost non-existent for the entire time he was on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If by that, you mean Madine softened the Norwich defence up prior to Zohore's introduction, then that's just a falacy. Madine was almost non-existent for the entire time he was on the field.
    Rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Lineker never had to tackle. As the game evolved, strikers were asked to do more defensive work - even defending set pieces. Mind you, it's perplexing to see a manager moan about a player with good discipline.
    He wasnt 'moaning' about him. He was pointing out that all the best strikers have a ruthless streak in them (Hughes, Shearer, Drogba etc) and Ken hasnt got it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Rubbish.
    There's nothing like someone giving a constructive and reasoned reply. Well done!

Tackles attempted by Lineker during his career, 0.
    Yellow cards received by Lineker during his career, claimed to be zero - from memory there was a claim he was booked in a friendly? Still, he did want to promote a squeaky clean image.

There's nothing like someone giving a constructive and reasoned reply. Well done!
    Madine did soften up the Norwich defenders and put in a good shift, he had 0 service

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Madine did soften up the Norwich defenders and put in a good shift, he had 0 service
    Ok, that's your opinion. I'm sticking by what I said earlier ... he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Tackles attempted by Lineker during his career, 0.
    Yellow cards received by Lineker during his career, claimed to be zero - from memory there was a claim he was booked in a friendly? Still, he did want to promote a squeaky clean image.
    Right, so you know that Lineker never tackled anyone during his career and that he, was in, fact booked in a friendly game, so, obviously, all that I said has been shot down in flames .

I don't understand your reply unless you're arguing that you'd have Madine in the City side in front of Lineker - I don't think even Neil Warnock would say that.

Right, so you know that Lineker never tackled anyone during his career and that he, was in, fact booked in a friendly game, so, obviously, all that I said has been shot down in flames .

I don't understand your reply unless you implicitly arguing that you'd have Madine in the City side in front of Lineker - I don't think even Neil Warnock would say that.
    He his getting on now mind Bob: biggrin:

Ok, that's your opinion. I'm sticking by what I said earlier ... he didn't.
    Perhaps Madine did a lot of "unseen" work (cracks me up that one)?

I don't understand your reply unless you're arguing that you'd have Madine in the City side in front of Lineker - I don't think even Neil Warnock would say that.
    Yes, because you can only be booked for tackles, right? The point made was that Lineker was hardly a physical striker, meaning he'd rarely tackle hence minimal chance of being booked. Something in the back of my mind "remembered" claims he'd been booked in a friendly, hence mentioned it to see if anyone else remembered it. Shot your comments down in flames? That's a bit of a paranoid thing to write.

If you believe your last statement then clearly you've still no clue as to what Warnock wants from his side. Lineker relied upon being in the box, needed service. He's the absolute opposite of what Warnock looks for in a striker - wants a physical player ideally with pace. No way Lineker would a) be a fit for the way Warnock plays nor b) be effective in the style of play Warnock wants.

So based upon that... yes Madine would be ahead of Lineker. Warnock wants a team; Lineker required a team around him solely focused upon him.