+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock on madine “I’ve never been happier with a signing.”

Warnock on madine “I’ve never been happier with a signing.”

Re: Warnock on madine “I’ve never been happier with a signing.”

He couldn't have said anything else at this stage of the season, he needs him to do a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The player needs a lift, but it is an incredible statement. One assist in 10 appearances and a reported £6m?

What did he do to score 10 goals at a shite Bolton side and why can't it be replicated here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    What did he do to score 10 goals at a shite Bolton side and why can't it be replicated here?
    Took penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Took penalties.
    That's gone well here then

Took penalties.
    He scored 24 goals for Bolton.

2 were penalties.

Get it right young man.

So Fulham loan Mitrovic and we buy Madine.....

Nice one, Warlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Nice one, Warlock!
    Won't mean a thing when we get promoted ahead of Fulham.

"And I thought last Saturday (at Norwich) he softened them up a little bit for Ken coming on and that was instrumental on why Ken had had a bit more space than he would do normally."

That was the scenario that Warnock would have played out in his head going into the Norwich game ... that Madine would have softened their defence up to pave the way for Zohore.
    I watched the game on iFollow and in reality Madine was ineffectual, he hardly got involved.

"I think he has a major contribution. He will not be everybody's favourite because he does not score goals, does not do this, does not do that and because we have paid good money for him."

Yup!

I see that the usual anti Warnock and anti Madine suspects have been dragged out of hibernation by this thread. For the record, Madine has only made four starts, cost £5m, provided two assists and his contribution has resulted in a major upturn in the form of Zohore. Since he has been here we have won ten, drawn two and only lost two. Thanks to his efforts he has also suffered a broken nose, cracked ribs and a damaged ankle. Like to see any of you lot play on under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "And I thought last Saturday (at Norwich) he softened them up a little bit for Ken coming on and that was instrumental on why Ken had had a bit more space than he would do normally."

That was the scenario that Warnock would have played out in his head going into the Norwich game ... that Madine would have softened their defence up to pave the way for Zohore.
    I watched the game on iFollow and in reality Madine was ineffectual, he hardly got involved.

"I think he has a major contribution. He will not be everybody's favourite because he does not score goals, does not do this, does not do that and because we have paid good money for him."

Yup!
    It's a yup from me too.

Yup!
    Funny that the people who have posted since the game, who were actually at the match, say that Madine played well and agree with what NW said. You see what you want to see I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I see that the usual anti Warnock and anti Madine suspects have been dragged out of hibernation by this thread. For the record, Madine has only made four starts, cost £5m, provided two assists and his contribution has resulted in a major upturn in the form of Zohore. Since he has been here we have won ten, drawn two and only lost two. Thanks to his efforts he has also suffered a broken nose, cracked ribs and a damaged ankle. Like to see any of you lot play on under those circumstances.
    Are you giving Madine credit for wins he didn't play in?

If you sign a top scorer from a club for £6m (at a club heavily in debt) I think it is fair for fans to expect more than an ambiguous (soften them up) report.

The player needs a lift, but it is an incredible statement. One assist in 10 appearances and a reported £6m?
    Sorry jack, but we only paid 2 up front. A few months wages for Bony if you like a comparison.

Nice one, Warlock!
    Is Fulham’s manager a Serb too? Does he know him

Nice one, Warlock!
    Why blame Warnock ,when he doesn't control the purse or the players minds .

Players will always choose Villa and Fulham ahead so us , hence Graban going to Fulham .

We have to fish in another pond to the bigger clubs ,lets be fair when the transfer window was open we looked in a bad shape ,these players like most pundits thought we were blown and it was a Villa / Fulham promotion opportunity ?

What hes doing with Madine is the right thing keep him lifted in confidence,he is strong and does beat the opposition up ,just not a skillful player and certainty not 6 million if that is indeed the figure,its probably 3 million,then added millions for goals ,appearances and promotion

Funny that the people who have posted since the game, who were actually at the match, say that Madine played well and agree with what NW said. You see what you want to see I suppose.
    Well, firstly .. I know that you DIDN'T watch the game. Secondly, many who were actually at the match echoed my views that he didn't do anything of note.

I did in fact see what I needed to see ... how about you, did you get a good view from watching livescores.com?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Sorry jack, but we only paid 2 up front. A few months wages for Bony if you like a comparison.
    So another £4m to pay out?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why blame Warnock ,when he doesn't control the purse or the players minds .

Players will always choose Villa and Fulham ahead so us , hence Graban going to Fulham .

We have to fish in another pond to the bigger clubs ,lets be fair when the transfer window was open we looked in a bad shape ,these players like most pundits thought we were blown and it was a Villa / Fulham promotion opportunity ?

What hes doing with Madine is the right thing keep him lifted in confidence,he is strong and does beat the opposition up ,just not a skillful player and certainty not 6 million if that is indeed the figure,its probably 3 million,then added millions for goals ,appearances and promotion
    If it's for goals, then Cardiff are unlikely to have to pay any more!

Well, firstly .. I know that you DIDN'T watch the game. Secondly, many who were actually at the match echoed my views that he didn't do anything of note.

I did in fact see what I needed to see ... how about you, did you get a good view from watching livescores.com?
    Sorry, but are you suggesting that City's biggest, most knowledgeable fan didn't see this game?

Spot on, some of the criticism Madine gets is ridiculous and OTT

Sorry, but are you suggesting that City's biggest, most knowledgeable fan didn't see this game?
    Indeed.

So another £4m to pay out?
    If we go up apparently.

If his coming here has had a beneficial effect on Zohore and we go up because of that it will have been money well spent.

That isn’t true.

I was at the game and Madine did next to nothing. The crowd we singing for Zohore to come on and the bloke standing behind nearly self combusted he was so incensed by Madine’s limited contribution.

Colin is clearly not going to criticise Madine at this point of the season and stating that Madine’s contribution was to ‘soften up’ the defence is evidently a pretty desperate attempt to find SOMETHING positive to say. What next? ‘He put in a good shift’? 🙈

How many teams play a lone striker to soften up a defence? They play strikers to score goals!