+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock on madine “I’ve never been happier with a signing.”

Re: Warnock on madine “I’ve never been happier with a signing.”

Madine looked like Messi compared to the lump Millwall brought on yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That isn’t true.

I was at the game and Madine did next to nothing. The crowd we singing for Zohore to come on and the bloke standing behind nearly self combusted he was so incensed by Madine’s limited contribution.

Colin is clearly not going to criticise Madine at this point of the season and stating that Madine’s contribution was to ‘soften up’ the defence is evidently a pretty desperate attempt to find SOMETHING positive to say. What next? ‘He put in a good shift’? 🙈

How many teams play a lone striker to soften up a defence? They play strikers to score goals!

Thank you!

.... are you taking note dml1954, from someone who was actually at the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The player needs a lift, but it is an incredible statement. One assist in 10 appearances and a reported £6m?
    He was brilliant last weekend. You know **** all. Clown.

That isn’t true.

I was at the game and Madine did next to nothing. The crowd we singing for Zohore to come on and the bloke standing behind nearly self combusted he was so incensed by Madine’s limited contribution.

Colin is clearly not going to criticise Madine at this point of the season and stating that Madine’s contribution was to ‘soften up’ the defence is evidently a pretty desperate attempt to find SOMETHING positive to say. What next? ‘He put in a good shift’? 🙈

How many teams play a lone striker to soften up a defence? They play strikers to score goals!
    Seen the game on ifollow. Disagree.

He won the ball with his chest and head, bringing players into the game, example .. playing Bryson straight through on goal.

If people don't want to like him, don't, but don't lie about his contribution. He ran all game too.

Madine is part of a squad with an incredible team spirit.

If Warnock and the players see his value, and he contributes to that spirit and work ethic that we have in abundance, then he is alright in my book.

I watched the Norwich game on iFollow. Nobody really did anything of note until 85 minutes. So singling out Madine is silly.

That isn’t true.

Last time I replied to a post by you on Madine I got some ridiculously overblown responses from you and TOBW.

All I will say now is why don't you call our manager by his proper name!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Seen the game on ifollow. Disagree.

He won the ball with his chest and head, bringing players into the game, example .. playing Bryson straight through on goal.

If people don't want to like him, don't, but don't lie about his contribution. He ran all game too.
    You disagree, fine! But why call someone a liar if that's the way he saw Madine's contribution?

I also saw the whole of the game on iFollow and I disagree with your assesment, however, I'm not going to call you a liar because I accept that's the way you viewed the player's contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Last time I replied to a post by you on Madine I got some ridiculously overblown responses from you and TOBW.

Irks me as well when our own call him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You disagree, fine! But why call someone a liar if that's the way he saw Madine's contribution?

I also saw the whole of the game on iFollow and I disagree with your assesment, however, I'm not going to call you a liar because I accept that's the way you viewed the player's contribution.
    So you don't agree that Madine had barely anything to work with? Yet won as much as he possibly could have worth what he was given? Played in Bryson (one that stands out as a example..another player given stick in that game)

I called him a liar, because I believe people have premeditated opinions about players like Madine and Bryson, and it's absolute bollocks.

He's a Cardiff city player and Warnock is the best manger we have had in years and years

He knows what he's doing

Thank you!

.... are you taking note dml1954, from someone who was actually at the game?

One out of about 2500 isnt a very high proportion is it. The poster has never liked Madine, so it's hardly surprising that he never sees him do anything good. As I said, you see what you want to see. You both cleverly ignore the facts about Madine that I posted and your attitude appears to be that he must be useless because you say he is. There are plenty of people who disagree with that sentiment. How about getting behind everyone in the squad for the last four games instead of moaning.

Well, firstly .. I know that you DIDN'T watch the game. Secondly, many who were actually at the match echoed my views that he didn't do anything of note.

I did in fact see what I needed to see ... how about you, did you get a good view from watching livescores.com?
    How do you know that I didnt watch the game ?. Are you psychic ?. Its just as likely that you didnt see it. Give me a list of people who were at the game who echoed your views. If you start agreeing with what people like BIS and Cyclops say them you really are in trouble (a Jack and someone who likes having an argument in an empty room).

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Are you giving Madine credit for wins he didn't play in?

If you sign a top scorer from a club for £6m (at a club heavily in debt) I think it is fair for fans to expect more than an ambiguous (soften them up) report.
    Madine has played a part in ten of the fourteen - four starts and six as a sub. The other four he was injured.

"And I thought last Saturday (at Norwich) he softened them up a little bit for Ken coming on and that was instrumental on why Ken had had a bit more space than he would do normally."

That was the scenario that Warnock would have played out in his head going into the Norwich game ... that Madine would have softened their defence up to pave the way for Zohore.
    I watched the game on iFollow and in reality Madine was ineffectual, he hardly got involved.

"I think he has a major contribution. He will not be everybody's favourite because he does not score goals, does not do this, does not do that and because we have paid good money for him."

Yup!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's a yup from me too.
    Having looked at this post again, it looks like I have given the opposite impression to what I meant.
    My yup was meant to concur with Neil, not RFoF

Also "Colin" should be asterisk'd out if typed from here on in (mods please can you action) as it is more offensive to me and others than the F and C words.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

"Ridiculously overblown"? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Ridiculously overblown"? Really?
    Yes really Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I see that the usual anti Warnock and anti Madine suspects have been dragged out of hibernation by this thread. For the record, Madine has only made four starts, cost £5m, provided two assists and his contribution has resulted in a major upturn in the form of Zohore. Since he has been here we have won ten, drawn two and only lost two. Thanks to his efforts he has also suffered a broken nose, cracked ribs and a damaged ankle. Like to see any of you lot play on under those circumstances.
    A goal would be nice, though..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Madine has played a part in ten of the fourteen - four starts and six as a sub. The other four he was injured.
    Thought Madine played a stormer tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Didn't put a foot wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Some boring ****ers on this board

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Some boring ****ers on this board
    Wonder if Warnock felt this last night?

He's gonna score at some point ain't he. Why not start him with Zohore for once..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He's gonna score at some point ain't he. Why not start him with Zohore for once..

It may be too late in the season for that, but........they both played in the second half at Ipswich and given time, I reckon that they could be a right handful together.

Madine still needs to show that he has SOMETHING to offer - maybe having a striking partner is what he needs to succeed. I don't know what formation he played in at previous clubs.