+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huge day of sport in the capital city with the rugby and football. Be interesting to see the crowds

Huge day of sport in the capital city with the rugby and football. Be interesting to see the crowds

With Cardiff blues Home in a European semi final, and the city Home later in a huge huge game.

The games don’t clash and ample time to do both if anyone so wished.

However the blues have been unable to sell out their 12k ground even for this- and while I don’t know about us I wouldn’t have thought it would be much bigger than 20k if at all.

We shall see though......

Re: Huge day of sport in the capital city with the rugby and football. Be interesting to see the crowds

"However the blues have been unable to sell out their 12k ground even for this-" !!!!!!!!

Where's the sparkly hat brigade ???

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Huge day of sport in the capital city with the rugby and football. Be interesting to see the crowds

Gentlemen gentlemen please let’s try and maintain a dignified stance here and celebrate the achievements of both sports in our capital city

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Gentlemen gentlemen please let’s try and maintain a dignified stance here and celebrate the achievements of both sports in our capital city
    I wasn’t looking for any negative comparisons. Rather pointing out relatively similar disappointments in the expected crowds for both of our teams.

However let’s hope the good weather today sees the blues sell out and win, and the city get over 20k. 👍

Just passed a coach load of blues fans, all wearing team shirts, coming from Ammanford.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I wasn’t looking for any negative comparisons. Rather pointing out relatively similar disappointments in the expected crowds for both of our teams.

However let’s hope the good weather today sees the blues sell out and win, and the city get over 20k. 👍
    And maybe hope the City win ?

Looking at eticketing I’d say there seems to be less than 1000 tickets left. Not sure how may forest have sold but I’d be surprised if we don’t get 23-25,000.

Good luck to both, be great year for both clubs hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Looking at eticketing I’d say there seems to be less than 1000 tickets left. Not sure how may forest have sold but I’d be surprised if we don’t get 23-25,000.
    Some in the corners have been taken off for sale on the day, but another 1/2 a block in the Family Stand has been put on sale.

Couple of thousand more than the 21k we had for Burton I reckon.

Should still be a fantastic atmosphere if everyone gets behind the side from the off

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Some in the corners have been taken off for sale on the day, but another 1/2 a block in the Family Stand has been put on sale.

Couple of thousand more than the 21k we had for Burton I reckon.

Should still be a fantastic atmosphere if everyone gets behind the side from the off
    Hopefully the late kick off + decent weather leads to a suitably pi$$ed up crowd

25k would be great

Well done Blues 👏

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Well done Blues ��
    Now come on the scarlets

Part one of "Super Saturday" is successful, now we need Scarlets and City to do the business

Just under 12,000 for Cardiff Blues v Pau
    Don’t think you could get any more than that into the Arms Park

Fantastic result

Cmon City let’s have a 25,000 crowd and make it double win

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Just under 12,000 for Cardiff Blues v Pau
    Don’t think you could get any more than that into the Arms Park

Fantastic result

Cmon City let’s have a 25,000 crowd and make it double win
    Capacity 12500

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Capacity 12500
    Still, good attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Just passed a coach load of blues fans, all wearing team shirts, coming from Ammanford.
    Lol. Don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Still, good attendance
    11k is shite for our so called national sport.

A great day for the sporting public in the capitol city

It’s fkg 5:30 am and I’ve had enough drink and excitement to last until Tuesday night

F*cking nightmare in the Boro trying to get served when all the rugby crowd came in after their game.

Any baseball on today? Or is it too early

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    With Cardiff blues Home in a European semi final, and the city Home later in a huge huge game.

The games don’t clash and ample time to do both if anyone so wished.

However the blues have been unable to sell out their 12k ground even for this- and while I don’t know about us I wouldn’t have thought it would be much bigger than 20k if at all.

We shall see though......
    2 excellent wins in huge games.