+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Coleman. Why the fukk did he go to Sunderland???

Re: Chris Coleman. Why the fukk did he go to Sunderland???

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    The question is, will he stay on and manage them back to the Championship?

One thing for sure is they need to get rid of about 90% of their squad and start from scratch.
    Someone mentioned a conspiracy here the other day, that Sunderland were purposefully relegating to get rid of all the high earners and come straight back up

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Delph plays regularly for Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Had this very conversation with someone this morning. We qualified for the Euros when we lost a game because other results went our way. We failed to qualify for the WC because our (Coleman's) tactics allowed teams we should have beaten, back into games to hold us to a draw.

Whilst the summer of 2016 was brilliant, we were lucky to be there.
    that's some proper bollocks fair play. Had Israel beaten Cyprus the night we qualified that would have left us facing the HUGE task of getting a point at home against the mighty Andorra to qualify, and that was only if Israel won away in Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    nailed on contribution wasn't particularly fussed with him but his record with Wales shouldn't be underestimated, he did a fine job, even got the best out of ASH.
    HIS record? I think Wales did we'll despite him, rather than beacuase of him.

Had a squad full of premier league players, plus Bale, and still couldn't get us out of a mediocre qualifying group.

Imagine if the Irish or Scots had players like Davis, Ramsey and Bale to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Delph plays regularly for Man City
    43 games since 2015, he’s played more this year because mendy has been our most of the season. It’s beside the point anyway I just picked him as an example. Replace him with any player who’s stepped up like that, they always think they’ll end up playing every week.

Delph has started 4 league games since Christmas btw

For the money plain and simple. He was the poorest paid manager at the Euro's. Even N.I.'s and the Iceland manager were on more than him.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    that's some proper bollocks fair play. Had Israel beaten Cyprus the night we qualified that would have left us facing the HUGE task of getting a point at home against the mighty Andorra to qualify, and that was only if Israel won away in Belgium
    Of course it's bo11ocks, that's why we did so well in the WC qualifiers. Seeded 1st, finished 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Andorra is good team to pick. We did really well against them (not) compared to the other teams in our group. Records v Andorra -

Bosnia W2 Goals F6 A0 +6
    Cyprus W2 Goals F8 A1 +7
    Israel W2 Goals F8 A1 +7
    Belgium W2 Goals F10 A1 + 9
    Wales W2 Goals F4 A1 +3 (and we were lucky in the away game when the ref allowed us a re-take of a free kick which Bale had originally missed)

I don't know why people have to always be so black and white on some things, can't people just say he did an good job for the euros, yes he got lucky but still did a good job. And can't we also say he should really have done better with the world cup qualifying?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't know why people have to always be so black and white on some things, can't people just say he did an good job for the euros, yes he got lucky but still did a good job. And can't we also say he should really have done better with the world cup qualifying?
    I think an outsider might say we were rather fortunate in the Euros, including the Belgium game, when we could have been 3 down in the first 20 mins, only to get 3 goals from very unlikely sources (i.e. Not Bale or Ramsey!).
    An OG winner against NI, who were arguably the better team, a scuffed winner against the run of play v Slovakia, an easy win against a demoralised Russia, and a loss against England and Portugal.
    I enjoyed every minute of it, and went to every game, but not sure it had anything at all to do with Coleman and his 'tactics'.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He did a great job in the Euros. And lousy job in the WC Qualifiers. He's a below average club manager.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I think an outsider might say we were rather fortunate in the Euros, including the Belgium game, when we could have been 3 down in the first 20 mins, only to get 3 goals from very unlikely sources (i.e. Not Bale or Ramsey!).
    An OG winner against NI, who were arguably the better team, a scuffed winner against the run of play v Slovakia, an easy win against a demoralised Russia, and a loss against England and Portugal.
    I enjoyed every minute of it, and went to every game, but not sure it had anything at all to do with Coleman and his 'tactics'.
    As an outsider you could conclude that after two poor draws, an uninspiring late victory against Egypt, an even later win vs Belgium and a couple of penalties vs Cameroon before going out on penalties vs West Germany that Bobby Robson had nothing to do with England reaching the 1990 World Cup semi-finals I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He did a great job in the Euros. And lousy job in the WC Qualifiers. He's a below average club manager.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    We bought him for 2m back in 1997 when we in div 2 (3rd division in old leagues) he played for us until his career finished then our manager, met him a few times got a picture with him back in 2001, a real nice man, the reception he will get on Friday will be amazing, I expect the whole crowd to sing his name
    Hmm you're not filling me with a lot of confidence here about his team turning you lot over 😁

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Money. A million in the bank I’m sure
    Yep, he's been shopping in Waitrose a lot.

He is tactically weak. He was totally outfoxed by O’Neill in the WCQ’s. He does speak well and does deserve credit for what he and the players achieved with Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He is tactically weak. He was totally outfoxed by O’Neill in the WCQ’s. He does speak well and does deserve credit for what he and the players achieved with Wales.
    I think the success of Wales was a unique joint effort,in a unique moment in time with all parts connecting and delivering , when some of those components stand on their own ,they don't always succeed .

Coleman will probably stay and bring them back up , with a lot of dosh thrown at him , and old disinterested players leaving,it should give him a platform to prove himself to build from fresh , if he fails, we then know where his skills sets lie .