+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Coleman. Why the fukk did he go to Sunderland???

Chris Coleman. Why the fukk did he go to Sunderland???

???

Re: Chris Coleman. Why the fukk did he go to Sunderland???

I suppose to have been a top sportsman you always have to be confident enough to think you’ll make a difference. Same as when players like Delph go to Man City, they probably think they’ll force their way in to contention.

I think he missjudged how rotten to the core Sunderland are.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    ???
    Why the fukk did Sunderland appoint Chris Coleman?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

He went for a lot more cash than wales were offering

No brainer

It’s a professional sport

Money. A million in the bank I’m sure

He was onto a winner

Loads of money in his bank account

Sunderland relegated, they were doomed before he took over
    Sunderland Stay up, he worked miracles

Loads of money in his bank account

I always said that Coleman was overrated and he was very lucky to manage a Wales team that was already a team of pal's who had played together for years. Plus of course a world class player and several others who are top quality.
    Any of us on this board could have managed that team. Showed he was useless when he failed to get us to Russia

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I always said that Coleman was overrated and he was very lucky to manage a Wales team that was already a team of pal's who had played together for years. Plus of course a world class player and several others who are top quality.
    Any of us on this board could have managed that team. Showed he was useless when he failed to get us to Russia
    So he had nothing to do with what happened in France and in the Euro 2016 qualifiers and everything to do with our failure in qualifying for the World Cup? Bit harsh there Jezza.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So he had nothing to do with what happened in France and in the Euro 2016 qualifiers and everything to do with our failure in qualifying for the World Cup? Bit harsh there Jezza.
    Exactly, and why would the players want him to stay on if he contributed nothing?

The question is, will he stay on and manage them back to the Championship?

One thing for sure is they need to get rid of about 90% of their squad and start from scratch.

Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This is the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He's finding it a bit harder without Bale and Ramsey.

Grossly overrated, especially by some Welsh fans.

I think he has to take more responsibility than he has so far. It’s all about the way the club is run to some extent yes.

But if Warnock or pulis went there they would have finished mid table. Had we appointed him instead of Trollope and gone down everyone would likely have blamed Vincent tan.

Did a great job with wales but maybe he’s just not a very good club manager? Wonder how many other offers he actually had anyway?

In fairness to Coleman, even if he has to take some of the blame, the whole club is rotten from top to bottom. You don’t just get double relegations.

I think there’s a bit of revisionism about Coleman, obviously he got lucky having Bale but surely every international manager has to have that sort of luck to do well?

He may not be an amazing manager but to start calling him useless is ridiculous hyperbole.

Done nothing as a domestic manager - the abysmal long ball game his Coventry side did against us made Slade look like Guardiola. Toshack vouched for him, got him job in Spain - left quickly after falling out with chairman. Made bizarre claim on Sky he had to manage abroad as "no British chairman would allow me to play the way I want to".

Wales job? Speed had done the ground work, Coleman had an abundance of talents in Allen, Bale, Ramsey...

Now back managing a shit side, they are doing shit.

As for Croesy asking why the players would want him to stay on? Players liking a manager has zero to do with him being the best manager available...

Why did Coleman take on Sunderland job? Won't harm his image ( in his own mind ) - relegate, well they were in such a mess wouldn't reflect upon him. Stay up, he'd be a miracle worker.

If he wasn't from Swansea he wouldn't be getting the stick he gets on here

He's a decent manager who's main strengths appear to be motivating teams and providing a figurehead and is responsible for the best performance a Wales side will ever have

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I suppose to have been a top sportsman you always have to be confident enough to think you’ll make a difference. Same as when players like Delph go to Man City, they probably think they’ll force their way in to contention.

I think he missjudged how rotten to the core Sunderland are.
    Delph plays regularly for Man City

Had this very conversation with someone this morning. We qualified for the Euros when we lost a game because other results went our way. We failed to qualify for the WC because our (Coleman's) tactics allowed teams we should have beaten, back into games to hold us to a draw.

Whilst the summer of 2016 was brilliant, we were lucky to be there.

Fulham fans love Chris Coleman like he is one of our own, at our club for years, very approachable guy, met him at buck palace when he was getting his OBE, but he is a good club manager no he is not, could not organize a good defence at Fulham, same as Laurie Sanchez done well with Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Fulham fans love Chris Coleman like he is one of our own, at our club for years, very approachable guy, met him at buck palace when he was getting his OBE, but he is a good club manager no he is not, could not organize a good defence at Fulham, same as Laurie Sanchez done well with Northern Ireland
    We're you getting a gong as well then?

Perhaps, Bob, but I still believe he was in the right place at the right time with Wales. His record before and since is certainly not good.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    He's finding it a bit harder without Bale and Ramsey.

Grossly overrated, especially by some Welsh fans.
    nailed on contribution wasn't particularly fussed with him but his record with Wales shouldn't be underestimated, he did a fine job, even got the best out of ASH.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Why?

So you met him once and he was a decent bloke, what about the all the Fulham fans that haven't met him?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why?

So you met him once and he was a decent bloke, what about the all the Fulham fans that haven't met him?
    We bought him for 2m back in 1997 when we in div 2 (3rd division in old leagues) he played for us until his career finished then our manager, met him a few times got a picture with him back in 2001, a real nice man, the reception he will get on Friday will be amazing, I expect the whole crowd to sing his name