Thread: Fulham Reaction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fulham Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not a single player would get in the Fulham team

They wouldn’t want to go up if they had to play football like ours

If we do go up we’ll be down by October

Put 2 on Scott Morrison and we have no threat.

Never mind.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...opic=64907.100
    Let's be honest-if we played like Fulham, and Fulham played like us, with Warnock in charge of them, then 90% of this messageboard would be saying the same things as they are. Nobody is going to admit that though, that's the nature of a one eyed football supporter. We don't play much football, we almost always give the ball back to the opposition, we're not a passing side, infact, I think that some of our players have lost the ability to make a pass, such is the way we play, sometimes it's awful to watch. But, we keep getting results and have an incredible togetherness, with some ability and tremendous character, and a manager who wont allow players to rest for one minute while they're out on the pitch. There is a sense of entitlement with football fans that has grown over the last 15 years, they're the sky-youtube generation, or simply influenced by those media outlets. They listen to pundits and purists and think that they are qualified in the intricacies of the great game, twenty years ago, a win was a win, now we have fans who seem to have acquired a knowledge on the finer aspects of the game. There's nothing wrong with wanting your team to play football, I would like ours to try it occasionally, although I can't complain too much, it's a results business-right? Although there has to be a legacy, however small, and i'm not sure Neil Warnock leaves one behind. Here's to promotion-C'mon City!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Let's be honest-if we played like Fulham, and Fulham played like us, with Warnock in charge of them, then 90% of this messageboard would be saying the same things as they are. Nobody is going to admit that though, that's the nature of a one eyed football supporter. We don't play much football, we almost always give the ball back to the opposition, we're not a passing side, infact, I think that some of our players have lost the ability to make a pass, such is the way we play, sometimes it's awful to watch. But, we keep getting results and have an incredible togetherness, with some ability and tremendous character, and a manager who wont allow players to rest for one minute while they're out on the pitch. There is a sense of entitlement with football fans that has grown over the last 15 years, they're the sky-youtube generation, or simply influenced by those media outlets. They listen to pundits and purists and think that they are qualified in the intricacies of the great game, twenty years ago, a win was a win, now we have fans who seem to have acquired a knowledge on the finer aspects of the game. There's nothing wrong with wanting your team to play football, I would like ours to try it occasionally, although I can't complain too much, it's a results business-right? Although there has to be a legacy, however small, and i'm not sure Neil Warnock leaves one behind. Here's to promotion-C'mon City!
    Why do I have the vaguest of vague feelings that the whole of that rather long post is a snidey dig aimed at me.....?

If Neil Warnock takes us up, then it’s down to getting in a few more in who can keep them up.
    We have several players who can compete if we do, who we will lose if we don’t go up.
    If we stay up by the skins of our teeth for a few seasons, improving each year, then that’s a legacy. The money and bigger fan base that comes with it

I'm in complete agreement with you. Last season we played some good exciting stuff as we turned a relegation struggle into a season where we began to wonder if we could make a play off challenge. Then at the start of this season, we were the best team in the league as we played some high speed, high quality attacking football. However, over the last six months we have morphed into a team which embodies the worst aspects of percentage football and yet, despite this, we keep on winning and, as a supporter first and foremost, I can keep my reservations about the way we play in check because of that - it is a real struggle at times mind and I'd be bored stiff if we were in the sort of position occupied by our last two opponents and were still playing the very basic direct football that we are seeing now.