+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fulham Reaction

Re: Fulham Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    I think tne fans that have this view are the new young fans, us mature ones see it differently, my view is how many Cardiff players would get in our side, your keeper, Sol Bamba, gunner, Hoilett, not seen enough of Ralls to make a opinion
    Ralls has played more than gunnar...

I was thinking pretty much everyone wants to see Fulham going past us as we are a bunch of bruisers just bullyig teams. There seems to some kind of obsession with having to play a certain way like they have been in Spain for recent years. There's more than one way to play the game and it's about playing to your strengths. West Bromwich and Stoke were doing it for years and are looking in big trouble now they have tried to adapt.

It just shows that you don't need to have the ball for 70% of the time to win games and it impressive we create so much when don't have the ball.

I genuinely think the reason the English national team has been doing so poorly in comparison to their size is because they are adamant on trying to outplay better teams than them. They should have been focusing on their stengths which is they always have a lot of quick players who could exploit teams trying to play.

Our defenders aren't there to bring the ball out they are there to defend. I know weve scored late a number of times but that's from us forcing the issue rather tna being lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    McDonald Cairney and Johansson would get in our side easy as already said fredericks would also
    So... apart from the Aquaducts and the roads, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    So... apart from the Aquaducts and the roads, what have the Romans ever done for us?
    Just pointing out there was more than the players mentioned

So the big question is, having a choice what manger would you choose to manage our combined team?
    Jokanovic or warnock I am sitting on the fence

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    So the big question is, having a choice what manger would you choose to manage our combined team?
    Jokanovic or warnock I am sitting on the fence
    Warnock every time for me - he's British, he's passionate about the game, he's good with the press /amusing and tells it how it is and he doesnt just stand on the sideline with his arms folded - he kicks every ball with the players and fans and gets involved. Jokanovic does none of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Warnock every time for me - he's British, he's passionate about the game, he's good with the press /amusing and tells it how it is and he doesnt just stand on the sideline with his arms folded - he kicks every ball with the players and fans and gets involved. Jokanovic does none of these things.
    These are the reason why I like him, a proper football manager, on the other hand jokanovic has transformed Fulham from kit symons style of play

Just pointing out there was more than the players mentioned
    And I was agreeing with you which is why I used the python quote

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I was thinking pretty much everyone wants to see Fulham going past us as we are a bunch of bruisers just bullyig teams. There seems to some kind of obsession with having to play a certain way like they have been in Spain for recent years. There's more than one way to play the game and it's about playing to your strengths. West Bromwich and Stoke were doing it for years and are looking in big trouble now they have tried to adapt.

It just shows that you don't need to have the ball for 70% of the time to win games and it impressive we create so much when don't have the ball.

I genuinely think the reason the English national team has been doing so poorly in comparison to their size is because they are adamant on trying to outplay better teams than them. They should have been focusing on their stengths which is they always have a lot of quick players who could exploit teams trying to play.

Our defenders aren't there to bring the ball out they are there to defend. I know weve scored late a number of times but that's from us forcing the issue rather tna being lucky.
    Back in August we were playing quick, effective and enjoyable football - games were enjoyable back then, because we were good to watch as well as being a winning team, now we are a functional outfit that deserves credit for it's results, but little else. Neil Warnock talks about wanting his sides to provide "oohs" and "ahs" and thrills and spills - for me, we used to do that, but, it's barely happened in the last six months.

It's been effective, but I'd be slagging off any other team who were what we have become and we're second in the league.

As for Ralls and Gunnarsson getting in a combined team with Fulham, I'd say one or the other of them would, but not both - not too bothered about which one it was, but I'd say it would be a more complete midfield with one of them in there.

I can remember Stoke City coming down to Cardiff and doing a job on us many years ago.
    I was indignant about there hoof ball style, in my mind I would never want to watch their style of football....
    They went on to get promoted and have spent many a season in the premier league, my dislike of them has faded.
    And here Iam watching hoof ball and enjoying every minute as we charge towards the premier league ( which is no longer my Mecca)
    I don’t want the car park to be over full and I struggle to park my car, or the queue at the bar to be huge so I c@nt get a pint , they are the by products of the premier league .
    What will BIS have to moan about when his empty seat is filled 10 times over with new “customers”

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What a time to be alive. Ronaldo, Messi, Fulham, Swansea and wolves. What a time.
    Priceless
    Not sure the jacks would agree, already turning on the bloke who saved them this season after losing to Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I can remember Stoke City coming down to Cardiff and doing a job on us many years ago.
    I was indignant about there hoof ball style, in my mind I would never want to watch their style of football....
    They went on to get promoted and have spent many a season in the premier league, my dislike of them has faded.
    And here Iam watching hoof ball and enjoying every minute as we charge towards the premier league ( which is no longer my Mecca)
    I don’t want the car park to be over full and I struggle to park my car, or the queue at the bar to be huge so I c@nt get a pint , they are the by products of the premier league .
    What will BIS have to moan about when his empty seat is filled 10 times over with new “customers”
    Wow, am I going to be easily replaced again

You claim you hated Stoke's style, but now you enjoy it as your club heads to the Premier League (which of course you really don't care about )

Again, saying I am "moaning" doesn't really address the issues of low attendances at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agree completely, I think since end of Novemberish we’ve been a lot more of a play the percentages type of team. The early wins against villa and Sheffield United were a joy to watch.

If I’m honest I can ignore the performances for now as long as we go up. Would hope Warnock can work some magic in the summer and get us back to playjng quick exciting football again though.
    It's all about results now. Will be interesting to see how Cardiff adapt to the more technical Premier League next season. Some people seem to think Cardiff are already better than at least 3 PL teams - depends how Warnock adapts.

Cardiff would need to do a lot of work if they got promoted imo, new fullback, 2 centre midfielders a winger and striker at least.

But that's often the case for teams getting promoted, especially the ones finishing second or winning the playoffs and even more so when a team is punching above their weight like we are.

People criticise the style of play but what Warnock has done with this group of players is unreal, if we tried to play like Fulham do we'd finish midtable at best. I can see why some opposition fans moan about how we play but it's more exciting being in our position than to be left with nothing to play for.

Warnock, plays a style that suits the players he has brought in. In the main that's making sure the ball is at their feet as rarely as possible. If we put more than three passes together, its a Barcelona type move for us. I just can't figure out, nor can the people who sit around me, how we keep on winning, we have in main been comprehensively outplayed numerous times this season and came away with the points. This is Warnock genius, the football has in the main be awful, but at this stage of the season, the position we are in can't be blind luck.

Cardiff would need to do a lot of work if they got promoted imo, new fullback, 2 centre midfielders a winger and striker at least.

But that's often the case for teams getting promoted, especially the ones finishing second or winning the playoffs and even more so when a team is punching above their weight like we are.

People criticise the style of play but what Warnock has done with this group of players is unreal, if we tried to play like Fulham do we'd finish midtable at best. I can see why some opposition fans moan about how we play but it's more exciting being in our position than to be left with nothing to play for.
    Burnley didn't buy a whole new team and they've done alright.

Few smart additions and we would be ok IMO. Start bringing too many in and we disrupt our big strength...

I think Brentford is a prime example of this I would much rather be in our position than theirs

I think Brentford is a prime example of this I would much rather be in our position than theirs
    Exactly who I was think of, they are great to watch but I’d rather be where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Burnley didn't buy a whole new team and they've done alright.

Few smart additions and we would be ok IMO. Start bringing too many in and we disrupt our big strength...
    I think that Burnley team had a bit more quality than us, and even they added some more to it when they went up.

Dyche has worked miracles there though, 7th place and Europa league almost confirmed despite having the 18th lowest wage bill in the league, and he lost Keane and made a profit on transfers in the summer!

I think that Burnley team had a bit more quality than us, and even they added some more to it when they went up.

Dyche has worked miracles there though, 7th place and Europa league almost confirmed despite having the 18th lowest wage bill in the league, and he lost Keane and made a profit on transfers in the summer!
    He was probably the reason Malky had his early success. Dyche is a good manager fair play.

I know we need strengthening, would be silly not to add to it, but I hope.we keep the core of our team and add players that come with the right mentality and not just some.journeyman after a last 50k a week payday. I don't think we need the wage bill.rocketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It's all about results now. Will be interesting to see how Cardiff adapt to the more technical Premier League next season. Some people seem to think Cardiff are already better than at least 3 PL teams - depends how Warnock adapts.
    Crikey talk of putting the cart before the horse. A few bad results and we'll be playing the likes of Wigan next season not Man U