+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham Reaction

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Fulham Reaction

I’m just speculating

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    After reading the posts on planet swab i had to check where Swansalona were and yes they are one of the shit teams once again fighting relegation.
    What a deluded bunch of smack ridden incest peados they are.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we do go up I would like us to stay with the majority of this squad

Watford , Burnley and Bournemouth have easily stayed up , we don't need to ruin the togetherness of this squad by giving half of them their p45

The premiership isn't that special
    Agree with you there Sludge. 2/3 decent players, keep the bulk of the squad together we would be ok. Teams in bottom half nothing to shout home about.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I usually avoid being controversial but what will we have that makes us a more difficult proposition from the other 11 or so mediocre clubs if we get into the premiership

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not a single player would get in the Fulham team

They wouldn’t want to go up if they had to play football like ours

If we do go up we’ll be down by October

Put 2 on Scott Morrison and we have no threat.

Never mind.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...opic=64907.100
    Let's be honest-if we played like Fulham, and Fulham played like us, with Warnock in charge of them, then 90% of this messageboard would be saying the same things as they are. Nobody is going to admit that though, that's the nature of a one eyed football supporter. We don't play much football, we almost always give the ball back to the opposition, we're not a passing side, infact, I think that some of our players have lost the ability to make a pass, such is the way we play, sometimes it's awful to watch. But, we keep getting results and have an incredible togetherness, with some ability and tremendous character, and a manager who wont allow players to rest for one minute while they're out on the pitch. There is a sense of entitlement with football fans that has grown over the last 15 years, they're the sky-youtube generation, or simply influenced by those media outlets. They listen to pundits and purists and think that they are qualified in the intricacies of the great game, twenty years ago, a win was a win, now we have fans who seem to have acquired a knowledge on the finer aspects of the game. There's nothing wrong with wanting your team to play football, I would like ours to try it occasionally, although I can't complain too much, it's a results business-right? Although there has to be a legacy, however small, and i'm not sure Neil Warnock leaves one behind. Here's to promotion-C'mon City!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we do go up I would like us to stay with the majority of this squad

Watford , Burnley and Bournemouth have easily stayed up , we don't need to ruin the togetherness of this squad by giving half of them their p45

The premiership isn't that special
    This.

The PL is full of average sides below the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What a time to be alive. Ronaldo, Messi, Fulham, Swansea and wolves. What a time.

We are truly blessed. Not forgetting the Brazil of the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What a time to be alive. Ronaldo, Messi, Fulham, Swansea and wolves. What a time.
    A lesson for the youngsters on here

This is natural wit

Effortless

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not a single player would get in the Fulham team

They wouldn’t want to go up if they had to play football like ours

If we do go up we’ll be down by October

Put 2 on Scott Morrison and we have no threat.

Never mind.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...opic=64907.100
    They are mostly right. Cardiff's best passing spell was 5 passed tonight. Five. What works in this league will fail in the next league. I think Cardiff will struggle if they employ those tactics.

However, Zohore, Etheridge and Morrison would get into their team. Possibly Hoilett too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Let's be honest-if we played like Fulham, and Fulham played like us, with Warnock in charge of them, then 90% of this messageboard would be saying the same things as they are. Nobody is going to admit that though, that's the nature of a one eyed football supporter. We don't play much football, we almost always give the ball back to the opposition, we're not a passing side, infact, I think that some of our players have lost the ability to make a pass, such is the way we play, sometimes it's awful to watch. But, we keep getting results and have an incredible togetherness, with some ability and tremendous character, and a manager who wont allow players to rest for one minute while they're out on the pitch. There is a sense of entitlement with football fans that has grown over the last 15 years, they're the sky-youtube generation, or simply influenced by those media outlets. They listen to pundits and purists and think that they are qualified in the intricacies of the great game, twenty years ago, a win was a win, now we have fans who seem to have acquired a knowledge on the finer aspects of the game. There's nothing wrong with wanting your team to play football, I would like ours to try it occasionally, although I can't complain too much, it's a results business-right? Although there has to be a legacy, however small, and i'm not sure Neil Warnock leaves one behind. Here's to promotion-C'mon City!
    Why do I have the vaguest of vague feelings that the whole of that rather long post is a snidey dig aimed at me.....?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you not think that Warnock and the board would try to rectify our deficiencies in the summer transfer window ?.
    At last we agree about something - Madine WILL be sold.

If Neil Warnock takes us up, then it’s down to getting in a few more in who can keep them up.
    We have several players who can compete if we do, who we will lose if we don’t go up.
    If we stay up by the skins of our teeth for a few seasons, improving each year, then that’s a legacy. The money and bigger fan base that comes with it

I'm in complete agreement with you. Last season we played some good exciting stuff as we turned a relegation struggle into a season where we began to wonder if we could make a play off challenge. Then at the start of this season, we were the best team in the league as we played some high speed, high quality attacking football. However, over the last six months we have morphed into a team which embodies the worst aspects of percentage football and yet, despite this, we keep on winning and, as a supporter first and foremost, I can keep my reservations about the way we play in check because of that - it is a real struggle at times mind and I'd be bored stiff if we were in the sort of position occupied by our last two opponents and were still playing the very basic direct football that we are seeing now.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Football fans being football fans.
    But Fulham do seem to have that smug mentality that they’re ****ing Barcelona of West London.
    So they can piss right off
    I think tne fans that have this view are the new young fans, us mature ones see it differently, my view is how many Cardiff players would get in our side, your keeper, Sol Bamba, gunner, Hoilett, not seen enough of Ralls to make a opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    I think tne fans that have this view are the new young fans, us mature ones see it differently, my view is how many Cardiff players would get in our side, your keeper, Sol Bamba, gunner, Hoilett, not seen enough of Ralls to make a opinion
    Im not sure Gunnar would get in a combo side, your midfield is the reason you are where you are (and a decent striker of course). Keeper, yes. Bamba/Morrison, maybe. Ralls, possibly when fit. That may be it but thats the odd thing, we are better than the sum of the parts. Man vs man, you and Wolves are a lot better than us but for some reason this team of ours has a spirit and will to win that gets them through. Maybe Warnock has created a siege mentality I dont know. I can see how our lack flair and creativity in favour of directness is pissing a few opponents fans and as someone here has said, it would piss me off if we were mid table but we aint. Sadly going up and coming straight down is a fact of modern life but at least it pays the bills and who knows, we could do a Bournemouth should we go up. If you go up, you may do well but I dont think being a passing side necessarily guarantees that.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Football fans being football fans.
    But Fulham do seem to have that smug mentality that they’re ****ing Barcelona of West London.
    So they can piss right off
    Yet little old Brentford play nicer football.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yet little old Brentford play nicer football.
    Tell me about it, that’s why we don’t want them in tne play offs, anyone but then

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm in complete agreement with you. Last season we played some good exciting stuff as we turned a relegation struggle into a season where we began to wonder if we could make a play off challenge. Then at the start of this season, we were the best team in the league as we played some high speed, high quality attacking football. However, over the last six months we have morphed into a team which embodies the worst aspects of percentage football and yet, despite this, we keep on winning and, as a supporter first and foremost, I can keep my reservations about the way we play in check because of that - it is a real struggle at times mind and I'd be bored stiff if we were in the sort of position occupied by our last two opponents and were still playing the very basic direct football that we are seeing now.
    Agree completely, I think since end of Novemberish we’ve been a lot more of a play the percentages type of team. The early wins against villa and Sheffield United were a joy to watch.

If I’m honest I can ignore the performances for now as long as we go up. Would hope Warnock can work some magic in the summer and get us back to playjng quick exciting football again though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Im not sure Gunnar would get in a combo side, your midfield is the reason you are where you are (and a decent striker of course). Keeper, yes. Bamba/Morrison, maybe. Ralls, possibly when fit. That may be it but thats the odd thing, we are better than the sum of the parts. Man vs man, you and Wolves are a lot better than us but for some reason this team of ours has a spirit and will to win that gets them through. Maybe Warnock has created a siege mentality I dont know. I can see how our lack flair and creativity in favour of directness is pissing a few opponents fans and as someone here has said, it would piss me off if we were mid table but we aint. Sadly going up and coming straight down is a fact of modern life but at least it pays the bills and who knows, we could do a Bournemouth should we go up. If you go up, you may do well but I dont think being a passing side necessarily guarantees that.
    It’s being a good team, and good work ethic, bringing on Bamba yesterday was a game changer, first time I have seen Cardiff look shaky at the back,

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    We are greater than the sum of our parts - I think our work ethic is a key component. How many Fulham players could fit into our style of play?

Without Mitrovic (who Rafa could easily now decide to keep) I’m not sure Fulham are the same side (for me outside of him they’re built around 3 players (Sessegnon, Cairney and Ream.... and Ream’s just average)

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    We are greater than the sum of our parts - I think our work ethic is a key component. How many Fulham players could fit into our style of play?

Without Mitrovic (who Rafa could easily now decide to keep) I’m not sure Fulham are the same side (for me outside of him they’re built around 3 players (Sessegnon, Cairney and Ream.... and Ream’s just average)
    Ryan Fredericks is very good by Championship standards.

Johannsen can play a bit. He certainly has enjoyed games against us recently.

McDonald Cairney and Johansson would get in our side easy as already said fredericks would also

Ream was rubbish first season, now without a doubt our player of the season, not had a bad game, summed him up with that goal line clearance against millwall

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Fair points FT, you seem a decent bloke and my reply was based on one particular oik who cane out with the everyine wants us to go up line.