+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Crowds

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Hardly being defensive, which part of the crowds OP was infactual? How can I make 15000 against Ipswich positive?

It may come as a surprise, but I couldn't care less what people think of me. That is because few of you debate me, and most of you insult me as a get out..
    So what?
    The figures speak for themselves, it's concerning because the club loses parachute payments next season and, in the unlikely event of you being a Championship club next season, you will be supporting a club haemorrhaging money, with a significantly lower turn over and a dus interested fan base (for many reasons).

However, the blues are finally going up and, as with everything, the Premier League will solve all these issues.
    Your use of the word "you" puts you in Chris and Jursset's category, in fact I'd say worse as at least they are open about which side they "support".
    You may as well be a Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We have a excellent fan base. ST sales are up for next season all behind the club and team. Record crowds this season.

Even if we fall short its been what supporting a club is all about.

12th man on Saturday. Didnt play well but no moans or getting on the players back.

BIS is selective. More home fans for Saturday at 745 on Sky than v West Ham in the play offs pre rebrand.

29000 plus v Wolves. A record crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    What stats am I cherry picking? TLG posted two crowds for the penultimate home game if a season where Cardiff were promotion bound. Both were around 26000, and having just had 29000 against Wolves, an expectation of 26000 is not fanciful is it?

I am under no illusions about my "credibility" on here, but facts are facts. Crowds are shit, and I have seen people here blame everything except Tan. Now that is being selective!
    So you blame the rebrand for "low" attendances and then use an example from a season we were in red to back up your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So you blame the rebrand for "low" attendances and then use an example from a season we were in red to back up your argument?

Sums Mr Selective up.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Isnt the point of a crowd being made up of those that are interested, can afford to go, have time to go etc. That's why the atmosphere was so good Saturday. All the thousands that don't go don't matter do they because if they wanted to or could, they would.

Anyway I reckon we lost a lot more fans because of the hooligan era than the rebrand (I have no evidence for this) but still believe that to be the case.

Wonder what it would have been like if we had the internet in the "good old days"

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Isnt the point of a crowd being made up of those that are interested, can afford to go, have time to go etc. That's why the atmosphere was so good Saturday. All the thousands that don't go don't matter do they because if they wanted to or could, they would.

Anyway I reckon we lost a lot more fans because of the hooligan era than the rebrand (I have no evidence for this) but still believe that to be the case.

Wonder what it would have been like if we had the internet in the "good old days"

That is a certainty , hooliganism affected a generation of potential new supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

You're bang on the button. Hooligans ruined this club for many years.
    I wonder how many 'fans' stayed away once we became a family club.

How many tickets have we sold for next weekend's "promotion game"?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How many tickets have we sold for next weekend's "promotion game"?
    More than 30000, record crowd I think.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    More than 30000, record crowd I think.
    Is that more than 26,000? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is that more than 26,000? Asking for a friend.
    Tell your friend it is a lot more than 26000.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Thank you for your concern. These really are troubled times. It's great that someone who has the nobility to not attend matches and bitch about anything perceivably negative attached to the club can take time out of their day to post here and make us all aware of our folly.

What with being 6 point away form the worlds richest league and having broken the stadium record for a Cardiff City match both in the league and cup in recent months, it's really great that there is at least one voice of reason on here, you should be very proud of yourself. You don't sound like a complete knob at all.

After all you probably only do it, selflessly, out of your honourable deep concerns for the way the club is heading and to try and save us foolish enough to give our continued support from the disastrous long term effects of VT's reign..

I think it's difficult for us sellout fans to see past the success sometimes and realise how much better it would be, even if we had to battle in the lower leagues for sometime and await, maybe forever, a local hero benefactor such as what Swansea once had.. At least we'd have the truly passionate and principled people such as yourself at the ground week in, week out... We really seem to be going to hell in a handbasket right now, I mean, we'd be doing so much better right now without the likes of VT, right?

Or maybe your'e just a c unt..?
    what a post

Some people must have been desperate for us to get a low crowd for Reading. It's pathetic..