+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crowds

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Very true - we also played at 7.45 live on Sky on a Saturday night.
    This to me is probably the most relevant reason, I am sure there are lots of other reasons why small numbers of fans were not there also.
    Jeez. reading this Baldy Ironed Shirts posts made me think TLG had written them until I looked at the posters name.

COME ON CITY, FECK THE CRITICS, JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not sure what point you are trying to make here ?

You seem to be asking me to be more specific, but there is no need for detail .

These clubs had ( in most instances) bigger gates due to either

A. Being far bigger clubs than us (Leeds and Sheff Weds)
    B. Having a large number of season ticket holders included in their gate
    Or
    C. Had a very big away following.

Don't think any of that is in disputed.

City's fans have just been shown once again to be fickle.

Best part of 30k one week 21k the next.

Same as it ever was
    So true City fans are very fickle 35,000 v Hereford next game 21,000 v Swindon

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Or someone who is concerned about the long term effects of Vincent Tan on the club.
    Thank you for your concern. These really are troubled times. It's great that someone who has the nobility to not attend matches and bitch about anything perceivably negative attached to the club can take time out of their day to post here and make us all aware of our folly.

What with being 6 point away form the worlds richest league and having broken the stadium record for a Cardiff City match both in the league and cup in recent months, it's really great that there is at least one voice of reason on here, you should be very proud of yourself. You don't sound like a complete knob at all.

After all you probably only do it, selflessly, out of your honourable deep concerns for the way the club is heading and to try and save us foolish enough to give our continued support from the disastrous long term effects of VT's reign..

I think it's difficult for us sellout fans to see past the success sometimes and realise how much better it would be, even if we had to battle in the lower leagues for sometime and await, maybe forever, a local hero benefactor such as what Swansea once had.. At least we'd have the truly passionate and principled people such as yourself at the ground week in, week out... We really seem to be going to hell in a handbasket right now, I mean, we'd be doing so much better right now without the likes of VT, right?

Or maybe your'e just a c unt..?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Thank you for your concern. These really are troubled times. It's great that someone who has the nobility to not attend matches and bitch about anything perceivably negative attached to the club can take time out of their day to post here and make us all aware of our folly.

What with being 6 point away form the worlds richest league and having broken the stadium record for a Cardiff City match both in the league and cup in recent months, it's really great that there is at least one voice of reason on here, you should be very proud of yourself. You don't sound like a complete knob at all.

After all you probably only do it, selflessly, out of your honourable deep concerns for the way the club is heading and to try and save us foolish enough to give our continued support from the disastrous long term effects of VT's reign..

I think it's difficult for us sellout fans to see past the success sometimes and realise how much better it would be, even if we had to battle in the lower leagues for sometime and await, maybe forever, a local hero benefactor such as what Swansea once had.. At least we'd have the truly passionate and principled people such as yourself at the ground week in, week out... We really seem to be going to hell in a handbasket right now, I mean, we'd be doing so much better right now without the likes of VT, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Birmingham get 23500
    The wurzles get 21100
    Derby get 28000
    Ipswich get 20000
    Leeds 30400
    Wednesday get 24300
    Sunderland (relegated) get 25500

Premier league bound Cardiff get 21300. Shocking really.
    i've said this before and nobody seems to think it a possibility. But could the missing numbers be in some part to wavering fans who have shifted to the Shite in White? I know that most Cardiff fans would never consider it. But there are parts of South Wales where there has always been a mix of Bluebirds and Jacks - Port Talbot, Pencoed, Aberdare, Neath, Maesteg and so on. When we were pushing for promotion under Jones the Jacks we a Championship club and not long ago had been a little league club. Now they have been in the Prem for 7 years. There must be supporters who have shifted allegiance just because of Premier League Football. Young kids growing up who have persuaded their parents to take them to a Premier League club, and the habit has stuck. Had to stomach yes, but true? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    This to me is probably the most relevant reason, I am sure there are lots of other reasons why small numbers of fans were not there also.
    Jeez. reading this Baldy Ironed Shirts posts made me think TLG had written them until I looked at the posters name.

COME ON CITY, FECK THE CRITICS, JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I actually like reading TLG’s posts. If BIS once had any alternative point of view worth reading it was so long ago I’ve forgotten about it.

He resorts now to repeating contrived and highly repetitive posts just to get bites and in my view is really akin to Jursset in terms of his contribution to this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    i've said this before and nobody seems to think it a possibility. But could the missing numbers be in some part to wavering fans who have shifted to the Shite in White? I know that most Cardiff fans would never consider it. But there are parts of South Wales where there has always been a mix of Bluebirds and Jacks - Port Talbot, Pencoed, Aberdare, Neath, Maesteg and so on. When we were pushing for promotion under Jones the Jacks we a Championship club and not long ago had been a little league club. Now they have been in the Prem for 7 years. There must be supporters who have shifted allegiance just because of Premier League Football. Young kids growing up who have persuaded their parents to take them to a Premier League club, and the habit has stuck. Had to stomach yes, but true? Probably.
    We lost 5000 in a couple of weeks - so no.

Floating fans may go to Swansea and in catchment areas Swansea will pick up new younger fans if they are PL and we are not. However long term Swansea will go back down.

I know several long term Jack fans who throughout their school years were Jack fans but switched allegiance.

One I had known for years and hated Cardiff. I was stunned when I saw down the CCS.

Ive asked one why and they said it was a better laugh hanging around with Cardiff. This was pre-Jack promotion mind so they may be regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I actually like reading TLG’s posts. If BIS once had any alternative point of view worth reading it was so long ago I’ve forgotten about it.

He resorts now to repeating contrived and highly repetitive posts just to get bites and in my view is really akin to Jursset in terms of his contribution to this board.
    Jursett is a wurzel though. To be fair when they beat us he had his say and left. BIS couldnt contain the gloating. Was on straight after the defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's not.
    Well if he isn't, he supports another.
    Most of his comments are not that of a City "supporter".

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Jursett is a wurzel though. To be fair when they beat us he had his say and left. BIS couldnt contain the gloating. Was on straight after the defeat.
    We all like to point out where something is Going wrong and have a moan at times - until the next game or disaster, but the majority of us do that because we love our club and footy. Why anyone needs to look for constant attention by having a go at the club they once loved is beyond me. Life is way too short to use it up on a MB being so negative, I hope he`s getting some pleasure from it today whilst the majority of us are simply enjoying the season with all it`s twists and turns, even if at times it is hard to bear.

OH and COLIN is dead, long live our Neil.

Maybe there are a few 1000 fans who don't visit MB's who walked away at the red brand, and who have never returned but do not feel they have to justify their actions to anyone other than themselves. Additionally and while the results have been enough post the xmas break, the quality of football has been awful, I watched only the 2nd half in a pub last night, with two other fans who have been regulars previously, it was dire for a team in the lofty position that the club are in, CC played some excellent football which was a pleasure to watch (on TV) prior to Christmas and the brand of football then ditched for the up and under brand after the holiday, both brands have been effective, Cardiff has been a poorly supported club (relation to the size of the city, population) for a big proportion of their history, take away the support from the valleys and it would spotlight this even more, has generally been able to attract a big attendance for a big game, but also capable of dropping 1,000's from game to game, I like to see the team win and want to see promotion, but being a regular again, that's gone and ended with the red intervention, 7.45 pm Saturday K.O ? someones having a laugh.

One other interesting fact for BIS (and others) is that Fulhams average home gate is only marginally better than ours (19808 v 19604) and they are the best team in Europe currently. They got 20877 last week for the local Derby with Brentford (who must have taken at least 3000) i.e. 500 less than our attendance last night where Forest brought less than 1000. Now that is piss poor for a big London team playing such good football and chasing automatic promotion who havent lost for 22 games. How about having a go at them instead ?. Their home support each week must be 17000 max.

This is probably one of the best posts made on here in a very long time.

Don't give this loser the time of day

Spiffingly put.
    Might be we have a few days respite from his bitterness and negativity after that.

Or maybe your'e just an attention seeking c unt..?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Maybe there are a few 1000 fans who don't visit MB's who walked away at the red brand, and who have never returned but do not feel they have to justify their actions to anyone other than themselves. Additionally and while the results have been enough post the xmas break, the quality of football has been awful, I watched only the 2nd half in a pub last night, with two other fans who have been regulars previously, it was dire for a team in the lofty position that the club are in, CC played some excellent football which was a pleasure to watch (on TV) prior to Christmas and the brand of football then ditched for the up and under brand after the holiday, both brands have been effective, Cardiff has been a poorly supported club (relation to the size of the city, population) for a big proportion of their history, take away the support from the valleys and it would spotlight this even more, has generally been able to attract a big attendance for a big game, but also capable of dropping 1,000's from game to game, I like to see the team win and want to see promotion, but being a regular again, that's gone and ended with the red intervention, 7.45 pm Saturday K.O ? someones having a laugh.
    The rebrand is over and done with and has been done to death by people like BIS. Its time to let it go, like most reasonable City fans already have. We have a team now who gives everything every game and never gives up. If you had been there watching the rubbish served up bu OGS, Slade and Trollopes teams you would have a better idea as to why our gates dropped so steeply after relegation from the Premier League and have taken so long to recover. Our average gate last season was 16500 and is now 19600 with one game to go which is good by anyones standards. There us no comparison between Warnocks teams and those before. The overall standard of our play this year is immeasureably better and we have a team to be proud of that is punching above its weight. Nobody (including NW, VT, the board and fans) thought we would be where we are now. If you and others dont want to come along to watch then fair enough but dont keep coming on here regurgitating the same old rubbish because it doesnt wash any more. Its your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    One other interesting fact for BIS (and others) is that Fulhams average home gate is only marginally better than ours (19808 v 19604) and they are the best team in Europe currently. They got 20877 last week for the local Derby with Brentford (who must have taken at least 3000) i.e. 500 less than our attendance last night where Forest brought less than 1000. Now that is piss poor for a big London team playing such good football and chasing automatic promotion who havent lost for 22 games. How about having a go at them instead ?. Their home support each week must be 17000 max.
    Fulham get 3-4000 away fans at the vast majority of their home matches.

Boosts their average attendance dramatically

The rebrand is over and done with and has been done to death by people like BIS. Its time to let it go, like most reasonable City fans already have. We have a team now who gives everything every game and never gives up. If you had been there watching the rubbish served up bu OGS, Slade and Trollopes teams you would have a better idea as to why our gates dropped so steeply after relegation from the Premier League and have taken so long to recover. Our average gate last season was 16500 and is now 19600 with one game to go which is good by anyones standards. There us no comparison between Warnocks teams and those before. The overall standard of our play this year is immeasureably better and we have a team to be proud of that is punching above its weight. Nobody (including NW, VT, the board and fans) thought we would be where we are now. If you and others dont want to come along to watch then fair enough but dont keep coming on here regurgitating the same old rubbish because it doesnt wash any more. Its your loss.

Nothing more to add .
    100%spot on my friend

Tedious.

Like a stuck record, droning on and on and on and on.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Fulham get 3-4000 away fans at the vast majority of their home matches.

Boosts their average attendance dramatically
    Let's be fair we haven't got a club anywhere near us to compete with how many clubs are in London?

Our average gate last season was 16500 and is now 19600 with one game to go ........... but dont keep coming on here regurgitating the same old rubbish because it doesnt wash any more. Its your loss.
    A very good point impressively made....with just the right amount of irony....

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Let's be fair we haven't got a club anywhere near us to compete with how many clubs are in London?
    And how many people are in London?