+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crowds

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Anyone who knows me (and there are plenty on here) knows full well that I have no need to make anything up to highlight a point. Fair play.
    Was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It would be easy to pick 2 what has been the average over the last 10 years I don't see it being much different
    The attendances for the last two seasons City were challenging for automatic promotion were:

22,091 (2010/11)
    22,296 (2012/13)

This season it's 19,604.

Personally I’d much rather watch Warnock side than what OGS,Slade and finally Trollope served up
    Early season we were a joy to watch I loved our style of play
    Then Friday night in Birmingham we weren’t even in the game and lost sustained a few injuries and things changed

Since then we had our blip over Xmas and Warnock had to get us back to winning ways which ever way it took
    Hence why we went on our unbeaten run even playing some nice stuff in between til wolves ended that
    Warnock wants his 8th promotion and he’ll get it the way he feels best

We are obviously not going to play the same football we did early doors at this stage of the season
    It’s all about getting us over the line whatever it takes.
    I really hope he achieves his Record 8th promotion he fully deserved it
    If you want tippy tappys stuff go and support Fulham

Brentford at Fulham fwiw

https://goo.gl/images/R1c8jn

https://goo.gl/images/3JzVgu

Also watch the highlights here- goal for Brentford is on 5 minutes and you can see the Brentford fans then good 2500 imho.
    The away section of that end hold 3700 Ish and it's easily 3/4 full.
    The whole Stand holds something like 7000.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/201...1-1-brentford/

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Personally I’d much rather watch Warnock side than what OGS,Slade and finally Trollope served up
    Then Friday night in Birmingham we weren’t even in the game and lost sustained a few injuries and things changed

Since then we had our blip over Xmas and Warnock had to get us back to winning ways which ever way it took
    Hence why we went on our unbeaten run even playing some nice stuff in between til wolves ended that

We are obviously not going to play the same football we did early doors at this stage of the season
    Agree it's just about getting over the line now. Malky dragged us over with some crap football.

Tippy tappy stuff is one thing. A team who can string a few passes together and create chances from open play reasonably regularly is another.

2 wins from promotion.

Style doesn't matter at all.

Win those 2 and we will sell another 7-8000 season tickets on top of the 16-17k we've already sold for next year...and there will be no worries over attendances next season

The attendances for the last two seasons City were challenging for automatic promotion were:

22,091 (2010/11)
    22,296 (2012/13)

This season it's 19,604.
    For balance I would suggest the 2010/11 is largely due to the large number of season tickets bought the season before when people thought we were going up.

Also 2012/13 inflated with the previous seasons Wembley trip v Liverpool.

We have a low number of season ticket holders this season but have sold 17k or so for next. If we don’t go up and come bottom half in the championship the average attendance will still be 20k plus. What will that prove about the rebrand (which is what you have brought it back to once again here in this thread)? Absolutely nothing.

It’s all about season ticket sales for all clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    2 wins from promotion.

Style doesn't matter at all.
    Doesn't matter to you. Never has. But it clearly matters to some people. If it didn't, I reckon City's attendances would be significantly higher and not "very poor" as you described last night's in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I remember Boxing Day 1998 whenjohn Williams tripped up stumbled and somehow forced the ball over the line on an extremely pissy day.

It was up there with Carlos Alberto’s goal
    In the 1970 World Cup final😂😂😂

The point being is that anyone who says the standard of football being played is particularly dreadful and a reason to stay away from previous years is talking Shite when we’ve been a lower league club for so many years.

The rebrand was utter nonsense but we survived it and here we are now.
    we have not been a lower league side for over 15 years, in that time we've been to two cup finals and Play offs twice, the premier league, a billionaire owner and new stadium, to compare the expectations of fans nearly twenty years ago to now is wrong in my opinion. On the back of that progress, we've gained new fans, and those fans that are below thirty have seen progress and their expectations are probably higher due to this.

The fact is City have been playing like this for the majority of the season. After the early fireworks, the football has generally been a poor spectacle. It hasn't changed significantly in recent weeks. It's just as it has been for months.

How the team plays is irrelevant to you and other diehard supporters like you. I fully understand that. I used to be just like you in that respect. But when you're not a diehard City supporter, as is the case for the vast majority of the population of South Wales, then how the team plays is relevant. Football is a form of entertainment and unfortunately the current side simply doesn't entertain on any kind of a regular basis. The players are organised, strong, committed and have great spirit, but the team has very little flair and is generally tedious to watch. That, in my opinion, is the single biggest factor behind the current level of attendances.
    Single biggest factor is the opposition in my opinion. If we go up, we could not touch the ball all season and still have bigger gates than this year.

He posts on here, but will no doubt keep it to himself, which is wise given the way any kind of alternative opinion is greeted.
    Probably wise if he thinks we legally cheat.😂

Like when Patterson threw his throat into someones elbow.😂

22,091 (2010/11)
    22,296 (2012/13)

This season it's 19,604.
    So when we was in red we had our highest average attendances?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Single biggest factor is the opposition in my opinion. If we go up, we could not touch the ball all season and still have bigger gates than this year.
    So so true.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...p-2017-2018/1/

For those who are interested, this season's average Championship attendances are at this link. Over a thousand lower than the Wurzels despite being automatic promotion challengers all season. I don't know about you but that's a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Probably wise if he thinks we legally cheat.😂

Like when Patterson threw his throat into someones elbow.😂
    And if he doesn’t understand that whoever scores more goals wins the game. How is that cheating?!

This is precisely what happened in 2012/13. That season we started off as we finished the previous season, playing quite an attacking style, until we lost 5-4 at Charlton. At the time we had scored just over 2 goals a game on average but conceded an average of 1.5 goals a game. For the remainder of the season our conceding rate halved, but our scoring rate nearly halved as well as we became far more defensive as a team. Our first 15 games saw 53 goals - our remaining 31 games saw 64.

Worldfootball has our 2010/11 average attendance as 23,194.

Indeed. And there was even a night when the vast majority of them were wearing red scarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    And if he doesn’t understand that whoever scores more goals wins the game. How is that cheating?!
    It was a joke he was making about the style of play. Obviously.

Doesn't matter to you. Never has. But it clearly matters to some people. If it didn't, I reckon City's attendances would be significantly higher and not "very poor" as you described last night's in this thread.
    You've probably got a point, however given the disruption we've had with injuries since September until pretty much now, it's not surprising that we've reverted to type.

We are a big strong side and against the likes of Forest that gives us a massive edge. So we play to it.

Lots of people probably preferred to stay in the pub and watch Man U v Spurs and then maybe City after.

Yes, I was definitely disappointed. I was expecting 2-4K more.

I don't really think it was the kick off time that cut it by that much really.

A few weeks ago we had a fantastic away performance on Sky vs Brentford and that had a lot of people talking about coming to see us again.

Unfortunately the next 3 on Sky we didn't win and played poorly overall, maybe that had an effect on the waverers.

We’ll he was in a minority of 1 if he walked away feeling short changed at what he saw and experienced last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    We’ll he was in a minority of 1 if he walked away feeling short changed at what he saw and experienced last night.
    Im not sure. Not with all the legal cheating going on.😂

http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...p-2017-2018/1/

For those who are interested, this season's average Championship attendances are at this link. Over a thousand lower than the Wurzels despite being automatic promotion challengers all season. I don't know about you but that's a surprise to me.
    Thing is these days it's heavily influenced by season ticket sales.

We are 4-6k down on the Ines at the start of this decade and I believe a couple of thousand down in Bristol ( hence then still showing 20k + crowds despite being shite recently £

I'd expect our walk ups are actually similar to what they've been in previous promotion challenges.

This seasons success will ironically influence next years attendances as next year whatever league we are in or how badly we are doing we will have at least 3000 more season ticket holders than this year.

Another example of this is when under Ole despite being rubbish we were still posting very good gates.

Reality was 3/4K of the season ticket holders weren't even attending.

Hilarious. He should have his own game show.