Crowds

Birmingham get 23500
    The wurzles get 21100
    Derby get 28000
    Ipswich get 20000
    Leeds 30400
    Wednesday get 24300
    Sunderland (relegated) get 25500

Premier league bound Cardiff get 21300. Shocking really.

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Birmingham get 23500
    The wurzles get 21100
    Derby get 28000
    Ipswich get 20000
    Leeds 30400
    Wednesday get 24300

Give it a fking rest you knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    We obviously lost a lot of fans to the rebrand
    We don’t have a huge ‘loyal’ fan base having not had a huge amount of top flight football in YEARS
    If we get to the premier league anD susta8n a few years there, we have potential to win huge numbers of new fans

Birmingham get 23500
    The wurzles get 21100
    Derby get 28000
    Ipswich get 20000
    Leeds 30400
    Wednesday get 24300

Every time we win you come on and slag something off. I class you as a lucky charm. Keep it up you ****ing bore.

Birmingham get 23500
    The wurzles get 21100
    Derby get 28000
    Ipswich get 20000
    Leeds 30400
    Wednesday get 24300

^^^Jack no question.

Bit of context....

Birmingham get 23500. Very big away following there from Sheff Utd. Also Brum sold a lot of cheap season tickets this year, so their gates are well up

The wurzles get 21100 - bet it was more like 16k due to season ticket holders not being there

Derby get 28000- something like 20k season ticket holders and massive play off game. Probably 3k away fanstoo

Ipswich get 20000- vs Villa, thousands of away fans.

Leeds 30400 - local Derby, but on a different planet to us for support numbers

Wednesday get 24300- also far bigger club than us

Sunderland (relegated) get 25500- was 25k there when we played there - officially. Looked like 10k. Again, big gate down to high season ticket numbers

Premier league bound Cardiff get 21300.

Very poor, especially given we had nearly 30k 2 weeks ago.
    Yes, that included 3k away and last night there was no more than a few hundred Forest, but really I don't think it was too much to expect 23k maybe even 25k

What happened to the extra 5-6k home fans who just turned up for Wolves ?

Did the defeat put them off ?
    Was it down to bring Sat night ?

Odd

However I'd expect something of an improvement next season as it looks like we've sold approaching 17k season tickets already this year, so even without promotion we should be near 20k minimum every week.

Most clubs now rely on season ticket holders for the vast majority of their gates.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^^Jack no question.
    He's not.

The Badly Ironed Brain has another pop.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's not.
    Sounds like a jack or just some bitter loser

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Bit of context....

Birmingham get 23500. Very big away following there from Sheff Utd. Also Brum sold a lot of cheap season tickets this year, so their gates are well up
    How many did Sheff U take? And, weren't Cardiff's season tickets labelled some of the best value around this season?

The wurzles get 21100 - bet it was more like 16k due to season ticket holders not being there
    Fair point, but where does this arbitrary 16,000 figure come from? Also, is it not possible that there were a number of season ticket holders not present at CCS last night? Looked fewer that 21,300 there to me.

Derby get 28000- something like 20k season ticket holders and massive play off game. Probably 3k away fanstoo
    Probably? Even if this made up figure is true, there were 25,000 there despite their awful form.

Ipswich get 20000- vs Villa, thousands of away fans.
    How many?

Leeds 30400 - local Derby, but on a different planet to us for support numbers
    Leeds have had very limited success recently, and have never had a sniff of promotion in the time that Cardiff have challenged for two promotions. I daresay that Cardiff, in a similar position to Leeds, would struggle to get half of that figure. In fact, they had half of that figure for a game earlier in the season!

Wednesday get 24300- also far bigger club than us
    Indeed they are.

Sunderland (relegated) get 25500- was 25k there when we played there - officially. Looked like 10k. Again, big gate down to high season ticket numbers
    But, again, you can argue that season ticket figures inflate many teams' attendances.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Every time we win you come on and slag something off. I class you as a lucky charm. Keep it up you ****ing bore.
    That's absolutely fine - of course you hold the moral high ground over me having boycotted after the play-off failure in 2012, only to start going as soon as promotion was on the cards. In no way have you argued with my point (however) that Cardiff's attendances are piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^^Jack no question.
    I've probably forgotten more about Cardiff City than you know. Sadly, just regurgitating the line that I am a Jack does not answer the point that I am making. Cardiff's crowds are piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Or someone who is concerned about the long term effects of Vincent Tan on the club.

Birmingham get 23500
    The wurzles get 21100
    Derby get 28000
    Ipswich get 20000
    Leeds 30400
    Wednesday get 24300

The atmosphere at the ground was excellent last night, better than for the Wolves game. Thats what counts. Everyone was right behind the team from start to finish. We dont want/need people like you at games, constantly criticising and moaning about the same old things. How you can comment about the crowd looking less than 21300 when you werent even there is beyond me - I was there and it actually looked more like 23-24000 to me and the noise was like 30000.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    This.

Just for his agenda. We had more of our own fans there last night than for our last game in blue pre-rebrand in a big game v West Ham.

Crowds - last night was a great crowd. Hugely passionate , united , behind the team.

Imagine spending your Saturday night and Sunday morning doing this like, might be time to reassess a few things about your life.

Birmingham get 23500
    The wurzles get 21100
    Derby get 28000
    Ipswich get 20000
    Leeds 30400
    Wednesday get 24300

We’re not as big a club as any of them, we all know that.

Must be a wonderful Saturday night being so bitter writing shite like this.

Or someone who is concerned about the long term effects of Vincent Tan on the club.

The muppet who predicted wed be bust by this time Now hes concerned

Lets face it you will be devasted if we have success

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    We’re not as big a club as any of them, we all know that.

Must be a wonderful Saturday night being so bitter writing shite like this.
    £130m of spending, and the club is still not as big as the Wurzles? It was a decent Saturday night - I was working, getting paid overtime and watching football all at the same time. Well, when I say football...

That's absolutely fine - of course you hold the moral high ground over me having boycotted after the play-off failure in 2012, only to start going as soon as promotion was on the cards. In no way have you argued with my point (however) that Cardiff's attendances are piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    How are you going Bobby - I assume your boycott is lasting longer than Ken's 4 game protest

How many did Sheff U take? And, weren't Cardiff's season tickets labelled some of the best value around this season?

Fair point, but where does this arbitrary 16,000 figure come from? Also, is it not possible that there were a number of season ticket holders not present at CCS last night? Looked fewer that 21,300 there to me.

Probably? Even if this made up figure is true, there were 25,000 there despite their awful form.

How many?

Leeds have had very limited success recently, and have never had a sniff of promotion in the time that Cardiff have challenged for two promotions. I daresay that Cardiff, in a similar position to Leeds, would struggle to get half of that figure. In fact, they had half of that figure for a game earlier in the season!

Indeed they are.

But, again, you can argue that season ticket figures inflate many teams' attendances.
    Not sure what point you are trying to make here ?

You seem to be asking me to be more specific, but there is no need for detail .

These clubs had ( in most instances) bigger gates due to either

A. Being bigger clubs than us
    B. Having a large number of season ticket holders included in their gate
    Or
    C. Had a very big away following.

Don't think any of that is in disputed.

City's fans have just been shown once again to be fickle.

Best part of 30k one week 21k the next.

Same as it ever was

How many?

Indeed they are.

A. Being far bigger clubs than us (Leeds and Sheff Weds)
    Or

Same as it ever was

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

A. Being bigger clubs than us
    Or

Same as it ever was
    Very true - we also played at 7.45 live on Sky on a Saturday night.