Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
The rebrand is over and done with and has been done to death by people like BIS. Its time to let it go, like most reasonable City fans already have.

The overall standard of our play this year is immeasureably better and we have a team to be proud of that is punching above its weight.

If you and others dont want to come along to watch then fair enough but dont keep coming on here regurgitating the same old rubbish because it doesnt wash any more. Its your loss.
Some quick points:

Whether people like you care to admit it or not, one of the most significant effects of the re-brand was that it caused many long-term, previously diehard fans to view the club and its fanbase in a totally different light. The upshot is that Cardiff City is simply nowhere near as important to many supporters as it once was and this no doubt has a negative effect on attendances, as the figures continually demonstrate.

As for the re-brand being over and done with, the fact is that the man responsible still owns the club, his personal choice of symbol adorns the badge and his motto is plastered all over the shirts and the stadium. Given the damage that was previously done, that's more than enough to keep some people away.

You do indeed have a team to be proud of that is punching above its weight, but if you're not a diehard supporter and winning matches isn't the only thing that is important to you, then I can assure you that watching City games this season has been a tedious experience more often than not. As far as most casual football fans (and even some staunch City supporters) are concerned, the style of play is mostly unattractive and uninspiring and I believe that's the most significant factor when examining the current level of attendances. Personally, I think Warnock and his staff have done an absolutely incredible job to get this squad to the verge of promotion, but if you think they're exciting or interesting to watch you're deluding yourself.

Just over a decade ago, I shared a car to a friendly in Stockport with the man whose message you responded to. There were three of us in the car that day. All of us boycotted the club during the re-brand era. Only one goes regularly now. He sent me a text from the ground at half-time last night, saying: "There's not an ounce of football on display from City. It's almost legal cheating."