+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crowds

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And how many people are in London?
    8.8 million

Whilst there are around 350,000 in Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Whilst there are around 350,000 in Cardiff.
    Most Cardiff fans are probably not in Cardiff

A quick point I’d like to make about the missing 1,000’s
    Mate of mine who is city through and through
    Been going down Through all the dross yet this season He’s only been down no more than 5 times home and away , I don’t get it
    Yesterday for example I was out with aload of my mates who are rugby boys. We went to the blues game and were out all day watching rugby with Llanelli scarlets after the blues game
    I tried my best to get them to come down the city with me but they were having none of it saying it’s on the telly anyway and we’ll watch it in the pub. That fact it was on the telly on a Saturday night would have had an effect on our crowd but With the noise we made you wouldn’t have thought it
    **** em anyway
    If you don’t go down yourself then don’t come on here moaning about our crowds

What a ****ing arsehole you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    That's absolutely fine - of course you hold the moral high ground over me having boycotted after the play-off failure in 2012
    And you've been bitter ever since. Perhaps your moniker should be "Bitterest ex-Cardiff fan in history".

Fortunately few give your bile the audience it doesn't merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Thank you for your concern. These really are troubled times. It's great that someone who has the nobility to not attend matches and bitch about anything perceivably negative attached to the club can take time out of their day to post here and make us all aware of our folly.

What with being 6 point away form the worlds richest league and having broken the stadium record for a Cardiff City match both in the league and cup in recent months, it's really great that there is at least one voice of reason on here, you should be very proud of yourself. You don't sound like a complete knob at all.

After all you probably only do it, selflessly, out of your honourable deep concerns for the way the club is heading and to try and save us foolish enough to give our continued support from the disastrous long term effects of VT's reign..

I think it's difficult for us sellout fans to see past the success sometimes and realise how much better it would be, even if we had to battle in the lower leagues for sometime and await, maybe forever, a local hero benefactor such as what Swansea once had.. At least we'd have the truly passionate and principled people such as yourself at the ground week in, week out... We really seem to be going to hell in a handbasket right now, I mean, we'd be doing so much better right now without the likes of VT, right?

Or maybe your'e just a c unt..?
    What a post

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We lost 5000 in a couple of weeks - so no.

Floating fans may go to Swansea and in catchment areas Swansea will pick up new younger fans if they are PL and we are not. However long term Swansea will go back down.

I know several long term Jack fans who throughout their school years were Jack fans but switched allegiance.

One I had known for years and hated Cardiff. I was stunned when I saw down the CCS.

Ive asked one why and they said it was a better laugh hanging around with Cardiff. This was pre-Jack promotion mind so they may be regretting it.
    What the ****ing ****

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    One other interesting fact for BIS (and others) is that Fulhams average home gate is only marginally better than ours (19808 v 19604) and they are the best team in Europe currently. They got 20877 last week for the local Derby with Brentford (who must have taken at least 3000) i.e. 500 less than our attendance last night where Forest brought less than 1000. Now that is piss poor for a big London team playing such good football and chasing automatic promotion who havent lost for 22 games. How about having a go at them instead ?. Their home support each week must be 17000 max.
    I thought the Brentford crowd looked piss poor.

The rebrand is over and done with and has been done to death by people like BIS. Its time to let it go, like most reasonable City fans already have.

The overall standard of our play this year is immeasureably better and we have a team to be proud of that is punching above its weight.

If you and others dont want to come along to watch then fair enough but dont keep coming on here regurgitating the same old rubbish because it doesnt wash any more. Its your loss.
    Some quick points:

Whether people like you care to admit it or not, one of the most significant effects of the re-brand was that it caused many long-term, previously diehard fans to view the club and its fanbase in a totally different light. The upshot is that Cardiff City is simply nowhere near as important to many supporters as it once was and this no doubt has a negative effect on attendances, as the figures continually demonstrate.

As for the re-brand being over and done with, the fact is that the man responsible still owns the club, his personal choice of symbol adorns the badge and his motto is plastered all over the shirts and the stadium. Given the damage that was previously done, that's more than enough to keep some people away.

You do indeed have a team to be proud of that is punching above its weight, but if you're not a diehard supporter and winning matches isn't the only thing that is important to you, then I can assure you that watching City games this season has been a tedious experience more often than not. As far as most casual football fans (and even some staunch City supporters) are concerned, the style of play is mostly unattractive and uninspiring and I believe that's the most significant factor when examining the current level of attendances. Personally, I think Warnock and his staff have done an absolutely incredible job to get this squad to the verge of promotion, but if you think they're exciting or interesting to watch you're deluding yourself.

Just over a decade ago, I shared a car to a friendly in Stockport with the man whose message you responded to. There were three of us in the car that day. All of us boycotted the club during the re-brand era. Only one goes regularly now. He sent me a text from the ground at half-time last night, saying: "There's not an ounce of football on display from City. It's almost legal cheating."

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I thought the Brentford crowd looked piss poor.
    Me too. There didn't look to be more than around 800 there at best. I was surprised how few they took considering the small distance involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I actually like reading TLG’s posts.
    You're too kind.

£130m of spending, and the club is still not as big as the Wurzles? It was a decent Saturday night - I was working, getting paid overtime and watching football all at the same time. Well, when I say football...

Don't you take a hint? Fck off you boring tw*t

Or someone who is concerned about the long term effects of Vincent Tan on the club.
    You can't look at the 'long term effects' whilst placing no emphasis whatsoever on the position we were in when Tan took over and also the position we could have been in now if he didn't.

The most important long term effect I see is that we are still around and competing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Some quick points:

Whether people like you care to admit it or not, one of the most significant effects of the re-brand was that it caused many long-term, previously diehard fans to view the club and its fanbase in a totally different light. The upshot is that Cardiff City is simply nowhere near as important to many supporters as it once was and this no doubt has a negative effect on attendances, as the figures continually demonstrate.

As for the re-brand being over and done with, the fact is that the man responsible still owns the club, his personal choice of symbol adorns the badge and his motto is plastered all over the shirts and the stadium. Given the damage that was previously done, that's more than enough to keep some people away.

You do indeed have a team to be proud of that is punching above its weight, but if you're not a diehard supporter and winning matches isn't the only thing that is important to you, then I can assure you that watching City games this season has been a tedious experience more often than not. As far as most casual football fans (and even some staunch City supporters) are concerned, the style of play is mostly unattractive and uninspiring and I believe that's the most significant factor when examining the current level of attendances. Personally, I think Warnock and his staff have done an absolutely incredible job to get this squad to the verge of promotion, but if you think they're exciting or interesting to watch you're deluding yourself.

Just over a decade ago, I shared a car to a friendly in Stockport with the man whose message you responded to. There were three of us in the car that day. All of us boycotted the club during the re-brand era. Only one goes regularly now. He sent me a text from the ground at half-time last night, saying: "There's not an ounce of football on display from City. It's almost legal cheating."
    What you say is just the same old stuff being regurgitated again and again. I dont mind people having these views but why keep coming on here and airing them continually. Its all very boring now. I get the impression that even if the ground was full every week and we were playing like Fulham or Wolves, BIS and others would still be spouting off about some other issues and blaming it all on the rebrand. I enjoy watching City, however they play, Even when playing poorly we have scored some excellent goals and won 26 games - more than when we went up under Mackay. How we play at this time of the season is irrelevent as long as we pick up points. Surely you should have learnt that from your time following City all those years ago. If you think that the football was more enjoyable then than now then you are the one who is deluded.

I don't know anyone who ever went down the City because of the quality of football.

How we play at this time of the season is irrelevent as long as we pick up points. Surely you should have learnt that from your time following City all those years ago. If you think that the football was more enjoyable then than now then you are the one who is deluded.
    The fact is City have been playing like this for the majority of the season. After the early fireworks, the football has generally been a poor spectacle. It hasn't changed significantly in recent weeks. It's just as it has been for months.

How the team plays is irrelevant to you and other diehard supporters like you. I fully understand that. I used to be just like you in that respect. But when you're not a diehard City supporter, as is the case for the vast majority of the population of South Wales, then how the team plays is relevant. Football is a form of entertainment and unfortunately the current side simply doesn't entertain on any kind of a regular basis. The players are organised, strong, committed and have great spirit, but the team has very little flair and is generally tedious to watch. That, in my opinion, is the single biggest factor behind the current level of attendances.

I remember Boxing Day 1998 whenjohn Williams tripped up stumbled and somehow forced the ball over the line on an extremely pissy day.

It was up there with Carlos Alberto’s goal
    In the 1970 World Cup final😂😂😂

The point being is that anyone who says the standard of football being played is particularly dreadful and a reason to stay away from previous years is talking Shite when we’ve been a lower league club for so many years.

The rebrand was utter nonsense but we survived it and here we are now.

What you say is just the same old stuff being regurgitated again and again. I dont mind people having these views but why keep coming on here and airing them continually. Its all very boring now. I get the impression that even if the ground was full every week and we were playing like Fulham or Wolves, BIS and others would still be spouting off about some other issues and blaming it all on the rebrand. I enjoy watching City, however they play, Even when playing poorly we have scored some excellent goals and won 26 games - more than when we went up under Mackay. How we play at this time of the season is irrelevent as long as we pick up points. Surely you should have learnt that from your time following City all those years ago. If you think that the football was more enjoyable then than now then you are the one who is deluded.

Well said, I can`t help thinking it`s the same bloke using different user names ? Why ??????????????????
    Just move on FFS. I thought all this negativity with Vinnie was past it`s sell by date on here and we were all fans ?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The point being is that anyone who says the standard of football being played is particularly dreadful and a reason to stay away from previous years is talking Shite.
    The crowds must be poor for some other reason, then. Maybe it's the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Well said, I can`t help thinking it`s the same bloke using different user names ? Why ??????????????????
    Just move on FFS. I thought all this negativity with Vinnie was past it`s sell by date on here and we were all fans ?
    If you have no interest in the subject, why don't you move on as opposed to telling other people what they can and can't post about? There are loads of threads on this board. Why choose this one to contribute to?????????????????

If you have no interest in the subject, why don't you move on as opposed to telling other people what they can and can't post about? There are loads of threads on this board. Why choose this one to contribute to?????????????????
    Because I can, feel free to do the same. Try something positive you might like it, but I doubt it.

The crowds must be poor for some other reason, then. Maybe it's the weather?
    Maybe its because a bunch of grown men are still crying over another man making a mistake by changing a football club's shirt colour for two years?

Me too. There didn't look to be more than around 800 there at best. I was surprised how few they took considering the small distance involved.
    Looked very poor on sky. Not the huge boost that's been suggested here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Because I can, feel free to do the same. Try something positive you might like it, but I doubt it.
    Out of interest, how often do you attend City games these days?