Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
A few weeks ago, I bumped into an old mate I used to got to school with. We used to go to home games together when were youngsters and travelled away together regularly too. He still attends home games reasonably regularly. He continued to support the club throughout the re-brand fiasco.

We got to talking about City and he said he hadn't been to watch them since the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough in February. He said the game was awful to watch and the atmosphere was flat. He said he was in no rush to go back as it simply wasn't enjoyable.

City were second at the time and unbeaten in five games. The match report on the BBC website said: "Neither side was able to keep possession or attack fluently in a disjointed first half, with efforts on goal largely limited to long-range strikes from Hoilett and Boro's Adama Traore. Predictably, it was a set-piece which led to the goal. Hoilett whipped in a deep, in-swinging free-kick towards the back post, where Morrison rose to glance in his second headed goal in a week. Cardiff had beaten Bolton here four days earlier with two goals from set-pieces and this was another functional, professional display."

That's how it's been for months. Functional, hard-working, committed performances from the players, but very little fluency or flair, with most goals coming from set-pieces. As I said earlier, I think the manager and his staff have done an amazing job with the squad they have at their disposal, but it's not been entertaining or exciting for anyone other than diehard supporters who are happy as long as their team win.
How would you compare Malky's promotion side for entertainment value out of interest?