+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That was me! Maybe a bit strong, but to put it a better way, we spoil, play percentages and wallop the ball long, turn defenders and hope they **** up, it isn't cheating, but absolutely shite to watch at times-everything long...........even throw ins... But, we keep getting results through this style of play and are on the verge of promotion. I've enjoyed the most part of this season, but can't get my head around how we've achieved this. I can honestly say that I've never seen a team in this position play so poorly, or attempt not to play, like a boxer who holds and spoils because the other fighter is more gifted, has better movement, footwork etc, but gets the job done with a style of tactics that is difficult to watch or understand.
    To be fair I can understand this. Far better than my mate said its like legalised cheating.

However defensively we are superb for this level.

Its all about getting the results now. Wherever we finish it will be an outstanding effort and anyone saying we dont play any football at all is talking bollox. We have played quality stuff in the final 3rd during the season. You could swear we had Hoillet Zahore and a bunch of Gareth Stokers if you listened to someone who rarely sees us but gets texts.

Manga Bennett Ralls Grugic are all good on the ball. Patterson is a big goal threat from midfield.

We are going to finish 2nd or 3rd. You dont get there just being anti football.

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    To be fair I can understand this. Far better than my mate said its like legalised cheating.

However defensively we are superb for this level.

Its all about getting the results now. Wherever we finish it will be an outstanding effort and anyone saying we dont play any football at all is talking bollox. We have played quality stuff in the final 3rd during the season. You could swear we had Hoillet Zahore and a bunch of Gareth Stokers if you listened to someone who rarely sees us but gets texts.

Manga Bennett Ralls Grugic are all good on the ball. Patterson is a big goal threat from midfield.

We are going to finish 2nd or 3rd. You dont get there just being anti football.
    Yes, defensively we have been superb. We have played some decent stuff in the final third, almost always leading up to a goal, breakaway stuff. The issue I have is the inability to keep the ball when we are under pressure, we may have decent ball players, but there isn't much opportunity to witness this as more often than not, nobody wants to receive it, it isn't necessarily the players, more the tactics that are employed. Our midfield hardly ever dominate a game, they react and chase, that's difficult to watch in my opinion. But, when all is said and done, we are looking good for promotion, if we do get there, then it'll be the most 'unique' brand of football I've ever witnessed.