+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarsson

Gunnarsson

absolutely loves Cardiff City and has worked his arse off to get fit and ready to help in the promotion run-in. It wasn't his fault Warnock put him in before he was fully fit but he didn't shy away from it.

Too bad the haters don't see it.

Re: Gunnarsson

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
    absolutely loves Cardiff City and has worked his arse off to get fit and ready to help in the promotion run-in. It wasn't his fault Warnock put him in before he was fully fit but he didn't shy away from it.

Too bad the haters don't see it.
    I agree. Gunnarsson has never given less than 100%. I think the negativity was because his return coincided with a downturn in our results no matter how unfair that seems.

Good to see see you posting again!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I agree. Gunnarsson has never given less than 100%. I think the negativity was because his return coincided with a downturn in our results no matter how unfair that seems.

Gunnar was poor when he first came back - not surprisingly!

I think also, with him not wanting to extend his contract a few people mistakenly thought he wasn't trying.

His superb MOM performance last night certainly killed off any of those sort of assumptions.

I think also he is the only regular we have left from the last promotion winning side.

Anyway good to see you back in here Serpico and don't worry, Gunnar is still a big favourite for most of us here

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Gunnar was poor when he first came back - not surprisingly!

I think also, with him not wanting to extend his contract a few people mistakenly thought he wasn't trying.

His superb MOM performance last night certainly killed off any of those sort of assumptions.

I think also he is the only regular we have left from the last promotion winning side.

Anyway good to see you back in here Serpico and don't worry, Gunnar is still a big favourite for most of us here
    MOM how many times did he give the ball away? Putting us under unnecessary pressure forest was hopeless not that I care because all that matters is we win but just because he scored a winning goal doesn't all of a sudden mean he's good

Also his birthday today!

International

I think sky made Morrison MOM

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think sky made Morrison MOM
    Morrison was excellent again apart from one mistake that almost cost us a goal

I just thought Gunnar was everywhere , also scored, set up what should have been the killer goal and made 2 fantastic defensive tackles- one of which was a game winner

Gunnarsson came back from injury straight into 2 of our toughest games of the season, which we lost by the odd goal and with a little bit of luck, could have got a result in both.

Some of the stuff posted about him on here is embarrassing, fans who have no idea slagging him off on message boards

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Gunnarsson came back from injury straight into 2 of our toughest games of the season, which we lost by the odd goal and with a little bit of luck, could have got a result in both.

Some of the stuff posted about him on here is embarrassing, fans who have no idea slagging him off on message boards
    But anything said about our Welsh Captain is acceptable IS IT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

I genuinely don't think it was unfair.

We replaced a midfielder in a 3 that worked well together, all had their roles, did them well, we're going for 9 wins on the bounce, and in return got a not 100 percent player who upset the balance of the team.
    Him and grujic basically got in one another's way. The football we play is more direct now as a result.
    People point out a couple of good passes, fair enough, but how many times has he had time to hold the ball and pick out a pass just to hack at it aimlessly up the pitch?

He played well yesterday, in the sense he was everywhere and put in a lot of effort.
    Ralls made him look better because they know eachothers game.
    With Ralls back I don't actually mind having gunnar in the team, is like to see Grujic in for Bryson Tuesday, and if it isn't working throw the immense Patterson on.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I genuinely don't think it was unfair.

We replaced a midfielder in a 3 that worked well together, all had their roles, did them well, we're going for 9 wins on the bounce, and in return got a not 100 percent player who upset the balance of the team.
    Him and grujic basically got in one another's way. The football we play is more direct now as a result.
    People point out a couple of good passes, fair enough, but how many times has he had time to hold the ball and pick out a pass just to hack at it aimlessly up the pitch?

He played well yesterday, in the sense he was everywhere and put in a lot of effort.
    Ralls made him look better because they know eachothers game.
    With Ralls back I don't actually mind having gunnar in the team, is like to see Grujic in for Bryson Tuesday, and if it isn't working throw the immense Patterson on.
    You big the nail , Ralls is the key he supplements Gunnerson well I'm keen to see how Grujic gets I in that 3, and agree have Patterson come on for a good last 30 minutes be needs a rest.

I'd be tempted to start with Madine just to soften them up .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You big the nail , Ralls is the key he supplements Gunnerson well I'm keen to see how Grujic gets I in that 3, and agree have Patterson come on for a good last 30 minutes be needs a rest.

I'd be tempted to start with Madine just to soften them up .
    Im not entirely sure how it would work as Bryson runs his legs off, grujic isn't that active, but I'd like to see it.

Gotta say, we've got great options in midfield. Gunnar hitting form at this stage could get us over the line.

I must admit I was very cynical towards him. I mistakenly thought he was playing the injury up, looking towards the WC and a move.
    I'm glad I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Gotta say, we've got great options in midfield. Gunnar hitting form at this stage could get us over the line.
    That’s what I was thinking, he’s been a bit rusty and taken a fair bit of flack but if he comes good right now he will be forever a cult hero round here. He’s only 28 also, I thought he was older. Nice to have options and they all must be dying to play