+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby

Derby

Wow, what a massive game this is, exciting stuff.

Win and we should be all but there, lose and we’ve got to go to Hull and get the win.

I’ve been going through scenarios and cannot see one where a draw on Tuesday is going to be any use at all. Happy to be corrected there.

Derby look to be shot to pieces with their recent results, but they’re in the last chance saloon and could still be dangerous.

I can’t wait!

Re: Derby

Draws are really of little use to us unless Fulham drop points, so yes, agreed we really need a win.

Could be a massive psychological blow for Fulham prior to their game on Friday if we win and go 4 clear

Fulham have 85 points & can reach 91 points if they win their remaining 2 games, we have 86 points & can reach 95 points from our remaining 3 games.
    So we need 92 points or 2 wins to guarantee promotion.
    We could lose or draw one of our remaining 3 games & still go up providing we win the other 2

The fact that Derby need a win as desperately as us, means they will be unders as much, if not more pressure than us.
    Would be magnificent if we could win the next 2 and relax and celebrate the final game.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4869040]The fact that Derby need a win as desperately as us, means they will be unders as much, if not more pressure than us.
    Would be magnificent if we could win the next 2 and relax and celebrate the final game.[/QUOT]

Agree. Would much rather play teams under pressure as well than teams with nothing to play for who can play with freedom.

I’m glad Sunderland are down before they play Fulham and hopefully Birmingham will be safe as well.

In big pressure games managers try and get their players to play as if it’s just a normal game. Pressure does strange things to people. Ok for cristiano Ronaldo it probably brings the best out of him but for players at this level it makes them so odd things- look at bamba’s back pass last night! For me that was purely caused by pressure.

No doubt derby are under pressure and a very quick look on the derby forum tells you they have all but given up on their team now. Even the forest fans were singing “it’s happened again” about them last night. I really think it’s a great opportunity to get the win on Tuesday.

[QUOTE=Father Dougal;4869045]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The fact that Derby need a win as desperately as us, means they will be unders as much, if not more pressure than us.
    Would be magnificent if we could win the next 2 and relax and celebrate the final game.[/QUOT]

Agree. Would much rather play teams under pressure as well than teams with nothing to play for who can play with freedom.

I’m glad Sunderland are down before they play Fulham and hopefully Birmingham will be safe as well.

In big pressure games managers try and get their players to play as if it’s just a normal game. Pressure does strange things to people. Ok for cristiano Ronaldo it probably brings the best out of him but for players at this level it makes them so odd things- look at bamba’s back pass last night! For me that was purely caused by pressure.

No doubt derby are under pressure and a very quick look on the derby forum tells you they have all but given up on their team now. Even the forest fans were singing “it’s happened again” about them last night. I really think it’s a great opportunity to get the win on Tuesday.
    Snowgate may have played into our hands!

Seeing as how this is our game in hand, a point would be fine and would extend our lead on Fulham and just about put Villa out of it as well. No need to panic therefore if we dont win.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Seeing as how this is our game in hand, a point would be fine and would extend our lead on Fulham and just about put Villa out of it as well. No need to panic therefore if we dont win.
    If we assume Fulham will win every match a draw is about as useful as a loss in terms of points at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If we assume Fulham will win every match a draw is about as useful as a loss in terms of points at this stage.
    Yes. However even just 4 points from next 3 games means Fulham do indeed have to win both games. For me that is our absolute minimum- we have to make them do it.

Just 3 points would allow them to draw one and still go up. Be devasting after all this we allow Fulham to mess up and draw or even lose- yet still go up.

Draws are no good to Cardiff. Had last night finished in a draw, they would effectively be needing 3 wins from 3 (on the assumption that Fulham will win both their games).

Birmingham and Sunderland though. They’re going to be approaching them both in exactly the same way whatever. Us dropping 2 or 3 points are going to give them a huge boost.

Birmingham and Sunderland though. They’re going to be approaching them both in exactly the same way whatever. Us dropping 2 or 3 points are going to give them a huge boost.
    Yes they will approach them in the same way and will be supremely confident of winning both with ease given the run they are on. However, the very least is we have to make them win them.

Would be magnificent if we could win the next 2 and relax and celebrate the final game.
    Please be this I would just love to go to the reading game where we can just chill out and celebrate for 2 hours

Absolutely. I can imagine the atmosphere getting a bit toxic as well if things don't go Derby's way. Frustrate them in the first half, pick the meat off the bones in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Please be this I would just love to go to the reading game where we can just chill out and celebrate for 2 hours
    Oh god yes please. Having to beat Reading on the last day would be nerve racking in the extreme.

Just browsed a derby fans forum ( first time ) they are all expecting a heavy defeat,they seem to be useless at present, mind you I expected forest to roll over, and I thought they played well, just could not defend, and take there chances. I wonder if derby are mentally beaten already

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    But that would be so boring( joke ) derby seem useless at the moment, this game is huge, win and it’s all over, draw or lose and it’s squeaky bum time,

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    But that would be so boring( joke ) derby seem useless at the moment, this game is huge, win and it’s all over, draw or lose and it’s squeaky bum time,
    If we beat Derby it is certainly not all over. Anyone thats supported a Championship team for any length of time knows that.