+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were they penalties on Morrison?

Were they penalties on Morrison?

From where I sit in the Ninian, it looked like Morrison was being pulled down in the box. At one point, he nearly had his shirt taken off him.

Anyone see the incidents and did then mention anything on Sky. Was going to look at my recording but can’t remember what time the incidents occurred. Anyone remember

Re: Were they penalties on Morrison?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    From where I sit in the Ninian, it looked like Morrison was being pulled down in the box. At one point, he nearly had his shirt taken off him.

Anyone see the incidents and did then mention anything on Sky. Was going to look at my recording but can’t remember what time the incidents occurred. Anyone remember
    Just after we scored our 2nd was the most obvious foul

There was one incident where he was definitely having his shirt pulled and the co-commentator thought it was a penalty, but Morrison was deliberately falling backwards and making the most of it. I reckon you'd feel aggrieved if a penalty was given against you in those circumstances. Can't remember anything being highlighted other than that one incident.

Big bug bear of mine. If that happens anywhere else in the pitch , would the ref give a free kick ? The answer is yes.

Refs seem to think the rules outside the box don’t apply inside.

One of them was definitely a penalty, Colback hauled Morrison to the floor

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    One of them was definitely a penalty, Colback hauled Morrison to the floor

He must be a good deal stronger than he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Grab and fall backwards, never fails

Good way of making referees think the attacker backed into you as well, making you fall

There was one incident where he was definitely having his shirt pulled and the co-commentator thought it was a penalty, but Morrison was deliberately falling backwards and making the most of it. I reckon you'd feel aggrieved if a penalty was given against you in those circumstances. Can't remember anything being highlighted other than that one incident.
    Cheers

There was one point he was being pulled and the other forest player climbing all over him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Grab and fall backwards, never fails

Good way of making referees think the attacker backed into you as well, making you fall
    To be honest, it's two aspects of the modern game I hate - the constant shirt pulling and the falling backwards with your arms in the air. As if a shirt tug could bring a big lump like Morrison to the ground (in slow motion with his arms in the air, I hasten to add). So many players do that these days. Cheating either way as far as I'm concerned.

The Colback one I saw on a replay and it looked a lot more than a shirt pull.

When I saw it I thought it was a clear penalty, but it seems s bit of a lottery.

Don't understand why they didn't have a bigger man marking Morrison as Colback would have had no chance in a free jump against him

Can't remember any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The Colback one I saw on a replay and it looked a lot more than a shirt pull.

When I saw it I thought it was a clear penalty, but it seems s bit of a lottery.

Don't understand why they didn't have a bigger man marking Morrison as Colback would have had no chance in a free jump against him

Can't remember any others.
    I don't know why gunnar didn't aim for mozza every time forests marking was laughably

The game's biggest offender is that twat Shawcross. How he doesn't get red cards for his constant physicalities at set pieces I do not know. Every ref must know what he's doing. Makes my blood boil

The colback one was definitely a penalty all day. The others looked like he was pulling the others shirts as much as his own.

Ive never seen anyone so confident in the absolute bollocks they post. Have you ever played a game of football? It’s really easy to be pulled off balance. Especially when you aren’t expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Ive never seen anyone so confident in the absolute bollocks they post. Have you ever played a game of football? It’s really easy to be pulled off balance. Especially when you aren’t expecting it.
    Sincere apologies for my confidence in my opinions. I appreciate I should be a lot more insecure about them given the high level of intellectual debate on this board.

Yeah, I've played football. I was shit, though.

Watched an awful lot of it over the years too. It's odd how easily players big players can get pulled down by smaller, weaker ones when they are standing still with their arms in the air, isn't it?

Sincere apologies for my confidence in my opinions. I appreciate I should be a lot more insecure about them given the high level of intellectual debate on this board.

Watched an awful lot of it over the years too. It's odd how easily players big players can get pulled down by smaller, weaker ones when they are standing still with their arms in the air, isn't it?

Being over 6 foot normally comes with rubbish balance .

Probably more difficult to pull over a short player

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Being over 6 foot normally comes with rubbish balance .

Probably more difficult to pull over a short player
    I reckon you could pull pretty much anyone over if they're looking to be pulled over.

There have been numerous occasions this season where Cardiff City should have been awarded penalties for fouls on Morrison in the penalty area.

It was a penalty.

Same as a couple of others. They couldnt handle him and resorted to pulling and holding him. The ref allowed it to carry on. This was the most obvious one.

He wasnt just standing still he was looking to move and jump. He had no need to just throw himself to the floor as he would have murdered them without the fouls.

Could he have stood up.? Probably but as he was being fouled and had no chance of winning the ball because of the foul and he had got nothing previously he went to ground highlighting the foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He had no need to just throw himself to the floor
    In the incident I'm talking about he didn't. He just fell backwards, slowly, with his arms in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There have been numerous occasions this season where Cardiff City should have been awarded penalties for fouls on Morrison in the penalty area.
    Then perhaps we need to reassess who we target in the penalty area.

Morrison will take 2 men out of the game. Why not aim for Bamba or more annoyingly, Manga who seems to be told to stay back on every corner. Would much prefer one of the smaller lads stay back such as Bryson to allow Manga to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Then perhaps we need to reassess who we target in the penalty area.

Morrison will take 2 men out of the game. Why not aim for Bamba or more annoyingly, Manga who seems to be told to stay back on every corner. Would much prefer one of the smaller lads stay back such as Bryson to allow Manga to go up.
    Bamba got the assist didnt he? Not sure if he was being aimed for though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bamba got the assist didnt he? Not sure if he was being aimed for though.
    I didn’t think so I thought it was a great recovery.

Just watched the incidents from my recording. Morrison was definitely dragged to the ground by his arm by Colback. The commentator said it was a definite penalty. The other one was where a defender jumped on his back whilst the other pulled his shirt. Both could have been given as penalties.