+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man City - Swansea

Man City - Swansea

Outclassed we may have been but at least we got stuck in - didn't fawn all over them before the game.

Could well be first Prem league game for a side to have 95% possession...

Re: Man City - Swansea

Well, 2-0. We showed more fight.

90% of this match is like watching paint dry. You can stick your tippy tappy pass pass pass game for me. None of them have broken sweat - including Swansea. Saw 20 passes from Man City and the ball hadn't even gone out of their half. Give me NW's fast, direct approach any time. Switching off now - cant be bothered watching this dross.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    90% of this match is like watching paint dry. You can stick your tippy tappy pass pass pass game for me. None of them have broken sweat - including Swansea. Saw 20 passes from Man City and the ball hadn't even gone out of their half. Give me NW's fast, direct approach any time. Switching off now - cant be bothered watching this dross.
    Absolutely agree. Watching perfect footballing skills isn't the same as watching exciting football. You might just as well go down to their training ground and watch them practice. It doesn't exactly sound like a celebration party there either, the 2 goals acknowledged with gentle 'horrays' ...

Boring as feck to watch, almost glad I have work to do rather than watch that

They look terrible.

Their final fixtures are;

Chelsea home
    Bournemouth away
    Southampton home
    stoke home

If, as I expect they get no points from the next two, the final two are going to be huge games for them

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They look terrible.

Chelsea home
    Bournemouth away
    Southampton home
    stoke home

If, as I expect they get no points from the next two, the final two are going to be huge games for them
    They reckon they can beat Chelsea.

Aren't even close enough to Man City players to kick them.

No desire, no fight, no heart - for all their talk of such great football they play Warnock would rip the shit out of their players.

Southampton and Stoke are going to be key games, if they are in touch with the Jacks, they've more passion to their game.

What a strike from De Bruyne though

Each to their own but how anyone can't enjoy watching this Man City side is beyond me. David Silva and De Bruyne are artists of the highest calibre.

In the best squad in the division 1 who spent however many million it was on Kyle Walker.

The players you mention are clearly quality players, would they be as good in a squad that's on more of a parity with the rest of the league?

5 nil

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They look terrible.

Chelsea home
    Bournemouth away
    Southampton home
    stoke home

The pride of Wales they are

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    In the best squad in the division 1 who spent however many million it was on Kyle Walker.

The players you mention are clearly quality players, would they be as good in a squad that's on more of a parity with the rest of the league?
    You say that is if Man United have spent like Rochdale!

Foden came on and looked like David Silva today at 17. Last season people were saying Pep would have to win the "best league in the world" now it's because he's bought the league.

A lot of managers in the history of football have spent more than the rest yet have failed to win the the league yet Citeh pretty much had the league wrapped up in November and look as though they'll be the 1st team to break 100 points.

United spent £30 million on Luke Shaw a few years ago which would probably exceed £50 million in today's market yet nobody batted and eyelid!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Each to their own but how anyone can't enjoy watching this Man City side is beyond me. David Silva and De Bruyne are artists of the highest calibre.
    Manchester City vs anyone except a select few clubs is boring beyond belief. Its like watching a training session, sure its great for a bit but you want to see some competition and you want to see them being tested properly

so strange, to be fair, they did have 17% possession.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Manchester City vs anyone except a select few clubs is boring beyond belief. Its like watching a training session, sure its great for a bit but you want to see some competition and you want to see them being tested properly
    Like I said, each to their own but I love seeing players at the very top of their profession performing at such incredible standards. It's up to everyone else to do what Liverpool did and find a way to stop them.

Like I said, each to their own but I love seeing players at the very top of their profession performing at such incredible standards. It's up to everyone else to do what Liverpool did and find a way to stop them.
    I think you'll find it's "attack them"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think you'll find it's "attack them"
    Good luck

Are swansea smack rats still in contention for a champions league place? I'm sure they must be near the top after reading them slag us off as shite and how they are so good and so on..

If saints beat Bournemouth this week it’s going to be very amusing.

I think it's where you put the emphasis on why you watch football. For me it's about the competition and anything that makes it too one-sided ruins that for me. You obviously prefer to watch the skills on show and are less concerned about the match itself.

It's all good but it explains why many of us aren't looking forward to being 'entertained' by Man City next year IF we get promoted. The playing field is not level and the fawning over the Man City and other top 6 teams is a bit sickening really as they do all they can to ensure they aren't challenged.

To use a racing analogy - it's easy to win races when you make sure no-one else can have anywhere near the quality of the machinery you are using. In fact, if you do develop a brilliant new car they can legally buy it off you and you can do nothing about it. In fact, come to think of it a bit more, you can shove the Man City's and the Premiership up your backside.

That's excellent - I can now completely relax about the end of the season because if we don't get promoted I won't care