+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A draw is as good as a loss.

A draw is as good as a loss.

Crazy as it sounds a draw in one of our remaining games means **** all. (unless the the unthinkable happens and Fulham drop points)
    So, attack attack, attack especially against Derby as a draw is as useful as a defeat, in other words we still have to get six points from the games.

Re: A draw is as good as a loss.

However we do it, we need 3 points at derby.

We can lose at Derby, win our last 2 games & get promoted irrespective of whether Fulham drop points or not.
    Although a win at Derby would be good & I think that we will win there.
    I don"t understand all the negativity, we are in the driving seat not Fulham.

We have to win one of the next 2 away games , 2draws would leave us needing snookers.
    But we basically have 2 bites at the cherry, 2 free hits to pick up a win then it's in our own hands against reading at home

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We have to win one of the next 2 away games , 2draws would leave us needing snookers.
    But we basically have 2 bites at the cherry, 2 free hits to pick up a win then it's in our own hands against reading at home
    Spot on.

3 points would be the dream but it isn't all over if we pick up a point. The target is 2 wins but that's only if Fulham win theirs.

I can think of loads of teams that dropped points when the pressure was on. Nobody expected Man Utd not to win at West Ham all those years ago to pick up the title but it happened. Fulham looked good in the second half against on Friday night but they were very average in the first half and for most of the Brentford game. I still think Birmingham will be tough for them.

The way we always play is being solid at the back and being patient for some big chances when the opposition lose their concentration. That's what we've been doing for months now and it would be foolish to abandon what has been working well. We've got to keep it tight and hope that Derby will open up because they need the 3 points more than we do (they go to villa next). If we do draw the game it might be an important point. I don't think we can get dragged into an end to end attacking game, especially being the away side.

I have a feeling that it's going to come down to an old fashioned Ken or Mendez breakaway goal to decide it.

If we could beat Derby it would be huge, it wouldn't be over by any means but we'd have 2 chnaces to get a win and it would give Fulham such a huge knock.

If we lose even if it would still be in our hands the pressure would be massive and Fulham would definitely have their backs up.

One of our biggest games in years, and we know how that usually goes

We need to make sure we come away with at least something from our next two games. If we lose both of them we will give ourselves very little chance on the final day as I cant see Birmingham beating Fulham. If we draw against Derby, then at least we can go all out to get the win against Hull as we would literally having nothing to lose by doing so.

Lose against Derby though and NW will have a dilemma on his hands.

2 wins from 3 games.

Nothing less.

We have to work on the assumption that Fulham will win their last two games, therefore we must also win two games.

A draw does nothing.

Have to just go for it at Derby. A win there and I think it's almost all over.

I for one won't be happy if at 0-0 in the last minute we go piling men forward, get caught on the break and lose 1-0 - sounds like some won't be bothered in the slightest if that happens, because, for reasons which I cannot fathom, they think it's got to be a win or nothing.

As others have said, tomorrow's game is a free shot - whatever the score is, we will still be in second place with two games to go against a Hull side with nothing to play for and the likelihood is that it will be the same for Reading by the time we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I for one won't be happy if at 0-0 in the last minute we go piling men forward, get caught on the break and lose 1-0 - sounds like some won't be bothered in the slightest if that happens, because, for reasons which I cannot fathom, they think it's got to be a win or nothing.

As others have said, tomorrow's game is a free shot - whatever the score is, we will still be in second place with two games to go against a Hull side with nothing to play for and the likelihood is that it will be the same for Reading by the time we play them.
    I'd guess because a draw gives us no further advantage over Fulham barring very unlikely results in both our final games - therefore it becomes necessary for us to win our last two games to go up via autos. A win would give us another 'free' hit and would allow a loss at Hull not to become fatal

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    We can lose at Derby, win our last 2 games & get promoted irrespective of whether Fulham drop points or not.
    Although a win at Derby would be good & I think that we will win there.
    I don"t understand all the negativity, we are in the driving seat not Fulham.
    A win puts additional pressure on Fulham, they i think, are more than capable of dealing with it but best not give them any additional encouragement.