+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: U23 game against Forest today

U23 game against Forest today

I've heard a young Cardiff side to start today. I am looking forward to seeing how some of the younger Cardiff players perform tonight.

Re: U23 game against Forest today

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebelief View Post
    I've heard a young Cardiff side to start today. I am looking forward to seeing how some of the younger Cardiff players perform tonight.
    I've been told the same thing, I was going to give tonight's game a miss because I think I've seen more than my fair share of that side this season, but now I'm not so sure.

Cardiff 0 Forest 5 with about a minute to go.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cardiff 0 Forest 5 with about a minute to go.
    Men against boys I'm afraid (or young men against even younger ones to be more precise). 0-0 for 40 minutes and we'd even had two good chances to go one up but we couldn't play through their press which was an accident waiting to happen. Two mistakes just before half time were both punished and we weren't coming back from that.

Forest were excellent and had a cutting edge that their first team seems to lack but it was still slightly disappointing, a lot of our passes went astray and even Waite and Spence weren't able to impose themselves on the game. Bellamy was very vocal first half but had accepted our fate long before the final whistle.

Jack Bodenham was probably our best player, he seems to be developing well, and there was plenty of effort from everyone else (Coxe in particular) but it was a tough night. Hopefully it won't affect their confidence before the upcoming cup final with Swansea.

So how old were these lads we fielded

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So how old were these lads we fielded
    Basically it was the Academy team (under 18s) but I think the FAW Youth Cup is an under-19s competition so Waite, Coxe and Harris can play in that. The final is tomorrow week at the Liberty so tonight was a chance for the probable team to get a game in. It's a set up that Waite should enjoy but he wasn't quite on the same wavelength as everyone else, Harris had a largely frustrating night and Coxe did ok but may have been more comfortable on the right. At least Bellamy can see what needs working on now before the final and has a week to sort it out. Not that Swansea's under-19s will be anywhere near as good as Forest's under-23s are, surely?