+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ralls

Ralls

Just wondering why there's no mention in the press,on Sky commentary or analysis after the game on here,about Ralls slowing down and letting Bridcutt in for the equaliser.Honestly not trying to be negative,I'm just amazed no one has mentioned it.

Re: Ralls

I watched that goal very carefully and it was an almightly defensive implosion by us.

Manga got sucked inside following the striker dropping off, Mendez stopped running to track the gap that Manga left and then Ralls... I don't know what he was doing. Hopefully Neil has made it clear to them that they need to cover for eachother and read the game better than that. Gunnar on the other hand showed exactly the kind of commitment we need.

Yes he went to sleep for a moment and that was enough but I would be very surprised if this hasn't already been pointed out.No biggy for me in the grand scheme of things as most players have lapses.

Quote Originally Posted by bargoednorth View Post
    Just wondering why there's no mention in the press,on Sky commentary or analysis after the game on here,about Ralls slowing down and letting Bridcutt in for the equaliser.Honestly not trying to be negative,I'm just amazed no one has mentioned it.
    Yea he didn’t even look like he was busting a gut to get back either

Perhaps he was still recovering from over exerting himself?
    He's been out of action for a while, understandable him making a mistake or even not being up to proper match fitness.
    Lack of communication?

As has been said, errors happen all the time they just don't get punished all the time.

It wasn't just Ralls that made an error for that goal. As said, NML doesn't track the run, no-one is pressuring the original pass, our CBs were out of position and perhaps Etheridge could have read the cross better.

That right hand side does seem to be a bit of a weakness of ours. Opponents have got in behind down there quite a few times. I think sometimes it's to do with Manga struggling with proper positioning when playing there, but also it's a natural weakness that comes from Warnock's tactical preference sometimes of asking our full backs to man mark opposition wingers and follow them infield. If that happens, and the wingers don't track back it leaves us exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    It wasn't just Ralls that made an error for that goal. As said, NML doesn't track the run, no-one is pressuring the original pass, our CBs were out of position and perhaps Etheridge could have read the cross better.

That right hand side does seem to be a bit of a weakness of ours. Opponents have got in behind down there quite a few times. I think sometimes it's to do with Manga struggling with proper positioning when playing there, but also it's a natural weakness that comes from Warnock's tactical preference sometimes of asking our full backs to man mark opposition wingers and follow them infield. If that happens, and the wingers don't track back it leaves us exposed.
    How about Traore in the right back position if Peltier is still injured

Good cross for the Morrison goal though! Been missing that delivery from corners.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Good cross for the Morrison goal though! Been missing that delivery from corners.

/\/\ this 👍

Mendez strolling very early on in their attack pissed me off so much. Got to be more switched on.