+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Powys short break

Powys short break

Advice needed please...
    Thinking of taking a break with the wife around the Builth Wells/Hay on Wye area next month and could do with places to go/things to do and anywhere good to eat decent breakfasts and evening meals.
    I know Brecon is pretty close, but apart from that I know nothing about the area so any help is appreciated.
    Thanks...

Re: Powys short break

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Advice needed please...
    Thinking of taking a break with the wife around the Builth Wells/Hay on Wye area next month and could do with places to go/things to do and anywhere good to eat decent breakfasts and evening meals.
    I know Brecon is pretty close, but apart from that I know nothing about the area so any help is appreciated.
    Thanks...
    I was there years ago. Its all very rural so its just a relaxing holiday really.

Vowchurch Herefordshire (Golden Valley) is only a 10 minute drive from Hay.

If you like adventure, how about kayaking on the Wye?

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Advice needed please...
    Thanks...
    You are in book heaven in hay !

Have a great time

If you're after good pub food (and good beer) in Hay then the Blue Boar is very good as is the Old Black Lion. Fantastic little town.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are in book heaven in hay !

Have a great time
    There's also a decent second hand vinyl shop down the lane opposite the main car park.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    If you're after good pub food (and good beer) in Hay then the Blue Boar is very good as is the Old Black Lion. Fantastic little town.
    The Old Black Lion was my first choice to stay but was fully booked, thanks for the advice and also to SLUDGE

Be careful last week of May and 1st/2nd June. Eisteddfod ongoing and prices and Hotel availability might be a problem in and around Builth.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    There's also a decent second hand vinyl shop down the lane opposite the main car park.
    Count me in , have they got making contact by UFO ?