+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Given that a win is a must and a draw is no good

Given that a win is a must and a draw is no good

How would you approach tomorrow?

For me, if we're keen on thumping everything long, why bother with 3 chasing in midfield? Use two, have 2 up front so the ball might stick some more and to have more of a focal point up the pitch (Zohore/Pilks or Zohore/Madine) and have legs in midfield on the bench for when ours are knackered.

Re: Given that a win is a must and a draw is no good

We can lose and still go up.

I think we lose tomorrow and bear reading, and Fulham finally lose at the final hurdle.

Time for Grujic to come back in with Ralls and Paterson.
    Zohore to start with Hoilett and NML either side of him.
    Pelts, Moz, Bemba and Bennett at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Time for Grujic to come back in with Ralls and Paterson.
    Zohore to start with Hoilett and NML either side of him.
    Pelts, Moz, Bemba and Bennett at the back.
    This 1 million percent.

Gunnar will be first name down though, he's a battler I'll give him that, but we don't play pretty with him and lose the ball WAY too much.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This 1 million percent.

Gunnar will be first name down though, he's a battler I'll give him that, but we don't play pretty with him and lose the ball WAY too much.
    I also agree with this. We should play our best team tomorrow.

I think we lose tomorrow and bear reading, and Fulham finally lose at the final hurdle.
    We can draw and still go up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I also agree with this. We should play our best team tomorrow.
    But we will have gunnar kicking the ball to hull in the middle, manga at right back (a waste for such a good defender) I do think we will start with grujic mind but with Ralls and gunnar. I don't dislike gunnar but it's pissed me off that we changed the team at such a crucial part of the season, people were saying he needed games to get match sharp, yet Ralls slots in and looks the part...subsequently making gunnar look better too (they do fit well together)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How would you approach tomorrow?

For me, if we're keen on thumping everything long, why bother with 3 chasing in midfield? Use two, have 2 up front so the ball might stick some more and to have more of a focal point up the pitch (Zohore/Pilks or Zohore/Madine) and have legs in midfield on the bench for when ours are knackered.
    I'd start pilks and Madine if we're going to try 2 up top. Would have to be Ralls and gunnar in a 2 man midfield then..Not a bad shout to go 442

Fair play it must be nice to live in a world where people actually believe stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Fair play it must be nice to live in a world where people actually believe stuff like that.
    What you talking bout willis

I'd start pilks and Madine if we're going to try 2 up top. Would have to be Ralls and gunnar in a 2 man midfield then..Not a bad shout to go 442
    That's a decent shout. Madine is better at holding the ball up than Zohore, but then if we played the ball forward properly to him (ie not lumped high in the air).....

This 1 million percent.

And because of him being son of Neil we have ****ing blown it

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And because of him being son of Neil we have ****ing blown it
    I totally agree, I'm baffled we have changed a winning midfield that was working. Gunnar and Ralls should have needed to work their way back in, show the boys playing we had faith in them and waited for a performance to drop and replace accordingly.

Even if we go up I'll still criticise Warnock for shoehorning gunnar back in. Wonder how much we have to play Liverpool, on top of dropping points while gunnar got his match sharpness, at the ****ing end of the season only promotion at risk like, no biggie Neil.

That's a decent shout. Madine is better at holding the ball up than Zohore, but then if we played the ball forward properly to him (ie not lumped high in the air).....
    They looked alright against sheff utd for a short time IMO.

If we need to change it then, bring on Zohore for Madine after the hour, maybe replace pilks with an extra midfielder.

I totally agree, I'm baffled we have changed a winning midfield that was working. Gunnar and Ralls should have needed to work their way back in, show the boys playing we had faith in them and waited for a performance to drop and replace accordingly.

Even if we go up I'll still criticise Warnock for shoehorning gunnar back in. Wonder how much we have to play Liverpool, on top of dropping points while gunnar got his match sharpness, at the ****ing end of the season only promotion at risk like, no biggie Neil.
    Wild thought, but have we made some sort of promise to Gunnarsson to get him match sharp for the World Cup in exchange for talks over a new contract?

Wild thought, but have we made some sort of promise to Gunnarsson to get him match sharp for the World Cup in exchange for talks over a new contract?
    Probably.

I get playing one of our own over a loanee, but why when we were playing well and he was getting to grips with the game??

Truly pissed me off with that one Warnock has.

I know you'll read this Neil, love to know what made you pull apart a midfield that was playing well and getting results while gunnar got up to speed. P.s my neck aches, can we have grujic back please. Thanks.

Probably.

I get playing one of our own over a loanee, but why when we were playing well and he was getting to grips with the game??

Truly pissed me off with that one Warnock has.

I know you'll read this Neil, love to know what made you pull apart a midfield that was playing well and getting results while gunnar got up to speed. P.s my neck aches, can we have grujic back please. Thanks.
    Agreed. The first match Grujic missed was at Bramall Lane where we were woeful. He played against Villa when we played well, then hasn't been seen since.

Agreed. The first match Grujic missed was at Bramall Lane where we were woeful. He played against Villa when we played well, then hasn't been seen since.
    Gunnar hasn't been bad, but as a team we've looked laboured and one dimensional since he's been back in, Ralls does help make him look better mind so that's a plus.

I can't deal with "we give it a good go, they're a fantastic bunch these lads, but if you'd given us play offs at the start of the season.." I just can't. As much as I'm overjoyed with the chance to go up automatically and still by there this late on, it would break my heart to have been what is it.. 8 points clear and **** it up?

Blame refs in games we don't play all we like, but it's what we do that matters. Bring grujic in tomorrow now and he'll need to get going again, and him and Gunnar just don't play well together at all, both get in one another's way.

Gunnar hasn't been bad, but as a team we've looked laboured and one dimensional since he's been back in, Ralls does help make him look better mind so that's a plus.

I can't deal with "we give it a good go, they're a fantastic bunch these lads, but if you'd given us play offs at the start of the season.." I just can't. As much as I'm overjoyed with the chance to go up automatically and still by there this late on, it would break my heart to have been what is it.. 8 points clear and **** it up?

Blame refs in games we don't play all we like, but it's what we do that matters. Bring grujic in tomorrow now and he'll need to get going again, and him and Gunnar just don't play well together at all, both get in one another's way.
    Exactly. When we were 8 above Fulham with a game in hand a few weeks ago we wouldn’t have taken going to hull 2 points behind them! What a turnaround!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Exactly. When we were 8 above Fulham with a game in hand a few weeks ago we wouldn’t have taken going to hull 2 points behind them! What a turnaround!
    I stayed off here a few days after derby because I was raging with anger. If we don't go up I don't know how long it will take to cool down, after being 8 clear, changing the team at that stage was footballing suicide and one MASSIVE mistake Warnock needs to own up to.