+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: March 18th

March 18th

This is how the table looked just before Derby were engulfed in an avalanche

Wolves P38 82
    Cardiff P37 76
    Fulham P38 69

A win that day (Derby were injury ravaged) would have moved Cardiff 10 points clear of third, and one win from Wolves.

Table now
    Wolves P44 98 (16 from 18)
    Fulham P45 88 (19 from 21)
    Cardiff P44 86 (10 from 21)

The Derby postponement seems to have disrupted Cardiff - were the club and manager overplaying the issue? Were the players too distracted by events? Was this where promotion went from being a formality to being a huge scrap?

One other thing - should the last 2 rounds of fixtures kick off at the same time? There is little doubt that Cardiff will be under increased pressure tomorrow as a result of tonight.

Re: March 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

Wolves P38 82
    Cardiff P37 76
    Fulham P38 69r

A win that day (Derby were injury ravaged) would have moved Cardiff 10 points clear of third, and one win from Wolves.

Table now

The Derby postponement seems to have disrupted Cardiff - were the club and manager overplaying the issue? Were the players too distracted by events? Was this where promotion went from being a formality to being a huge scrap?

One other thing - should the last 2 rounds of fixtures kick off at the same time? There is little doubt that Cardiff will be under increased pressure tomorrow as a result of tonight.
    Sky ****ed us over we were going great guns before their interference

Or maybe we were the ones being lucky prior to derby and it’s now all run out. Fulham are now using it. The refs will have a huge bearing on who goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Or maybe we were the ones being lucky prior to derby and it’s now all run out. Fulham are now using it. The refs will have a huge bearing on who goes up.
    Will have? They already have, scandalous decisions the past few games
    That disallowed goal v Millwall looking like the worst of them all

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Will have? They already have, scandalous decisions the past few games
    That disallowed goal v Millwall looking like the worst of them all
    Yeah the luck Fulham have had from refs at home is crazy.

My brother-in-law said the week after the Derby snowgate that they " had got one over on cardiff and that game will come back and haunt us ", he could well be right

Wolves P38 82
    Cardiff P37 76
    Fulham P38 69

Table now

Or maybe, it's simply that our our results have started matching the quality of our performances since then?

Bob, thanks for pointing out the obvious. We have taken 10 from 21 because in the main we have been awful. I hope we can turn it around today, but my play like we did at Derby and we will be on for a hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Or maybe, it's simply that our our results have started matching the quality of our performances since then?
    So, performance levels have dropped since that postponement?

So, performance levels have dropped since that postponement?
    Very much, if you watched you would know. Still, big games for your depleted team today, you might well join us in the championship still.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Very much, if you watched you would know. Still, big games for your depleted team today, you might well join us in the championship still.
    So, performances have been poor since that ostponemenf. Which, in effect, is agreeing with my point that that postponement that the Derby postponement has had a significant effect on proceedings.

What team are you on about? Are you still clinging to the already disproven theory that I support Swansea? It's now amusing for all the wrong reasons (as far as you are concerned).

It's really funny that people are trying desperately to disagree with my point, whilst actually agreeing with my point. So much bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah the luck Fulham have had from refs at home is crazy.
    We did get some bad luck once against derby, 90 min handball Chris Baird, we all have had decisions for and against us

I think it's a culmination of a number of things.

We've not had the luck.missed 2 penalties lost to a couple of wonder goals.
    We have made mistakes in 1 game which hadn't made all season plus the run in we had has been very difficult.