+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I have not criticised him once since he has been at the club, but Warnock has to take some responsibility for terrible substitute decisions.

Re: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Madine was doing his job, winning everything in the air; service was poor, also seemed to me others around him weren't expecting the ball to be won. Zohore did absolutely nothing when he came on.

Agree about Peltier - can only think he maybe had a knock, fit for bench but not worth risking for 90 minutes.
    Did he?

I was at the game so have only seen it once but that looked like an absolute sitter just before being subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I have not criticised him once since he has been at the club, but Warnock has to take some responsibility for terrible substitute decisions.
    Tactics 2nd half in general I'd say.
    Could've gone for the kill but sat back and were hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    They were there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did he?

I was at the game so have only seen it once but that looked like an absolute sitter just before being subbed.
    Still a little work to do but should have smashed it home.

Did he?

It was a sitter but I've seen loads of players play across a ball and miss. He'll have been nervous too which won't have helped.

Let's hope we see a better player next season once he's had a proper close season with us. I actually think he's a better player than Zohore as he seems to have far more game nous and awareness - with no little skill too. He just needs a goal to settle his nerves - let's hope it's a season defining one for us a la Andy Campbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It was a sitter but I've seen loads of players play across a ball and miss. He'll have been nervous too which won't have helped.

Let's hope we see a better player next season once he's had a proper close season with us. I actually think he's a better player than Zohore as he seems to have far more game nous and awareness - with no little skill too. He just needs a goal to settle his nerves - let's hope it's a season defining one for us a la Andy Campbell!
    It was a mistake for him to start.

He won a few headers but never looks like scoring.

Colin always gets it right but that was a mistake borne out by him missing a sitter which would have probably put the game out of Derby’s reach.

Colin always gets it right but that was a mistake borne out by him missing a sitter which would have probably put the game out of Derby’s reach.
    Judging by Zohore's contribution when he came on he's either injured or knackered. I think NW was right not to start him and probably wrong to bring him on. We were winning at the time and didn't need him.

It wasn't a mistake based upon us winning during his time on the pitch. It wasn't a mistake based upon Zohore doing absolutely nothing when he came on.

It wasn't Madine that cleared the ball when Etheridge was picking it up.
    It wasn't Madine trying to be the greatest skilled defender in the world.
    It wasn't Madine too far off Jerome then easily brushed off.

It wasn't a mistake based upon us winning during his time on the pitch. It wasn't a mistake based upon Zohore doing absolutely nothing when he came on.

It wasn't Madine that cleared the ball when Etheridge was picking it up.
    It wasn't Madine trying to be the greatest skilled defender in the world.
    It wasn't Madine too far off Jerome then easily brushed off.
    No. It was Madine failing again to do his job.

If he had the game would have been beyond Derby and those situations would never have arisen.

Shame on him. And that is without the Wolves penalty miss.

He is a liability. I’m telling you.

If he had the game would have been beyond Derby and those situations would never have arisen.

I thought the game turned when Madine went off. Yes it was a poor effort but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    To be honest I don't care what anyone says but that is shite football. No composure at all, all shit themselves when the ball comes anywhere near them, there was no quality football the entire night just endless hoof Ball. They're meant to be professional footballers.
    Are we the only two people on the forum who can see this? I'm naturally a pessimist when it comes to City (40 years of experience!) but some of the optimism on here is truly breathtaking. Delighted of course if City get the second automatic spot but I won't be holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Only one winner from here.

Most consecutive passes by Cardiff tonight? FOUR, fckin FOUR. And that was for the goal.
    You called it

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    You called it
    I rest my case as they say. Pure unadulterated hoofball tonight. Warnock on Sky after the match: "I think we did alright actually!"

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    To be honest I don't care what anyone says but that is shite football. No composure at all, all shit themselves when the ball comes anywhere near them, there was no quality football the entire night just endless hoof Ball. They're meant to be professional footballers.
    Spot on. They only got the ball down and started passing in the 94th minute. Pass, hoof. Repeat. For 93 minutes. The goal was the result of 4 passes - the only time Cardiff did that before injury time. Forest wasn't much better.

And Hoilett's penalty miss? Did you conveniently forget about that?

It seems you want to give everyone else a free ride for their mistakes yet castigate Madine at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I rest my case as they say. Pure unadulterated hoofball tonight. Warnock on Sky after the match: "I think we did alright actually!"
    That's for the player's benefit. First half, Cardiff disrupted the game and pinched a goal. Second half was one way traffic. But, it's too late in the season to publicly knock players (from Warnock's point of view). Whatever he says has to be positive. If he said the result was a "blip" it would be hard to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Still in Cardiffs hands.
    Absolutely!
    Win at Hull (errr...)

and clich promotion in front of our own fans by beating Reading

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    How many times do you see teams go one up, sit back a d then concede

And Hoilett's penalty miss? Did you conveniently forget about that?

It seems you want to give everyone else a free ride for their mistakes yet castigate Madine at every opportunity.
    That is irrelevant. Hoilett, like SO many of our players, has been outstanding this year and so to criticise him for missing a penalty would be foolish, when you consider his superb contribution over the course of the season.

Madine, on the other hand, has contributed almost nothing and so has little good will to call upon. He is a striker bought to score goals - if he fails to do this and the team suffer (see Wolves and tonight) then we can hardly say, 'oh well, he has been great for the rest of the season so we'll let him off the occasional mishap'!!

It was a shower of bad luck and bad decisions.

I would have loved to have beaten derby, regardless of the promotion.

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Are we the only two people on the forum who can see this? I'm naturally a pessimist when it comes to City (40 years of experience!) but some of the optimism on here is truly breathtaking. Delighted of course if City get the second automatic spot but I won't be holding my breath.
    No you aren’t. Effort, teamwork and luck will only get you so far, you need a bit of quality to get the success you want. Unfortunately this side lacks quality in the vital areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Judging by Zohore's contribution when he came on he's either injured or knackered. I think NW was right not to start him and probably wrong to bring him on. We were winning at the time and didn't need him.
    Why is Zohore being made a scapegoat, the quality and service on display last night was equivalent to Sunday League standard, and in some cases worse. Zohore wasn’t given Anna decent service. Hoof ball isn’t the way and that seems all we have.
    Warnock has done a brilliant job with the quality he has at his disposal.

That is irrelevant. Hoilett, like SO many of our players, has been outstanding this year and so to criticise him for missing a penalty would be foolish, when you consider his superb contribution over the course of the season.

Madine, on the other hand, has contributed almost nothing and so has little good will to call upon. He is a striker bought to score goals - if he fails to do this and the team suffer (see Wolves and tonight) then we can hardly say, 'oh well, he has been great for the rest of the season so we'll let him off the occasional mishap'!!
    And what good do you think it will do to continually hammer individual players ?. We should be proud of this team and the effort they have put in over the whole season, no matter what happens in the next two weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Madine leave this summer - you look at the clubs he's played for and Cardiff is quite a change from what he is used to, maybe he, or his family, are having trouble settling in the area?