+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Are we the only two people on the forum who can see this? I'm naturally a pessimist when it comes to City (40 years of experience!) but some of the optimism on here is truly breathtaking. Delighted of course if City get the second automatic spot but I won't be holding my breath.
    And what do you think what happened to the team last year, or even up to 40 years ago, has got anything to do with what is happening now. Absolutely nothing is the answer. You are pessimistic because you are a pessimist and cant see all the good that has been achieved this season. The chances of us winning the next two games is as great if not greater than losing them both, so why not go with that for a change and get behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No you aren’t. Effort, teamwork and luck will only get you so far, you need a bit of quality to get the success you want. Unfortunately this side lacks quality in the vital areas.
    Fulham and Villa would both swap places with us immediately if they could. We know what they have to do - they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Madine leave this summer - you look at the clubs he's played for and Cardiff is quite a change from what he is used to, maybe he, or his family, are having trouble settling in the area?
    And maybe he has been unsettled by all the adverse comments and criticism he has been getting on this forum and others, by people who are supposed to be fans of the club. This scenario is much more likely than the one you put forward above, of which you have no knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And maybe he has been unsettled by all the adverse comments and criticism he has been getting on this forum and others, by people who are supposed to be fans of the club. This scenario is much more likely than the one you put forward above, of which you have no knowledge.
    I know you think the merest hint of criticism of a Cardiff player, manager or team is a hanging offence, but I must admit to being a little baffled by your response to what I said. All I did was suggest a possible reason for Madine's low key start for us and there was no criticism of the player at all in my message. Why are you always so defensive? As for a big, tall strapping centre forward being unsettled, to use your word, by the pretty mild, by the standards of fan messageboards, criticism he has received up to now, I would assume you were joking, but, as I've never seen anything that remotely qualifies as humour from you since you started posting on here, I suppose you must be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Warlock's biggest mistake has been not playing Madine for a full game, every game, since he's been here.