+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    We’ve totally ****ed this. Hull can score goals for fun, looking forward to the weekend.
    If it's of any comfort to you, you had no part to play in it. It's the teams and the managers fault.

I find disassociation helpful when it comes to blame....and feeling bad as a result.

Good luck to them against 'ull.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    For a team chasing automatic promotion the second half has been a shit show.

No way are Fulham going to fall apart like we have.
    It's still ours to lose. We're still above them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Spot on buddy. Hull are safe, so hopefully they'll have one eye on the summer holidays.
    It would have helped if Brum were still in trouble and fighting for their lives against Fulham. I think you have to expect Fulham to win both games so Cardiff have to do likewise. Perfectly possible but Hull are in good form. That’s the game that concerns me. For the first time I have a bad feeling about this.
    Warnock will earn his money now.

What on earth were we doing sitting back from the first minute in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep and you have to forget this result and go again on Saturday. We now look safe so that should be a home banker. Beat Hull and you will be fine but that is a very tough looking game.
    You have to beat Hull. You cannot go into the final game behind Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It would have helped if Brum were still in trouble and fighting for their lives against Fulham. I think you have to expect Fulham to win both games so Cardiff have to do likewise. Perfectly possible but Hull are in good form. That’s the game that concerns me. For the first time I have a bad feeling about this.
    Warnock will earn his money now.
    I think we are toast, looked knackered at the end of the half and I haven't seen us capitulate like that vs a team that, in the main, wasn't doing much right themselves.

Re: FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Can't see Wildschut playing for us again.

Just a really poor second half. God knows what we were doing for their second bamba was 5 yards behind the defensive line playing them on?
    Morrisons just had a nightmare for the 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think we are toast, looked knackered at the end of the half and I haven't seen us capitulate like that vs a team that, in the main, wasn't doing much right themselves.

on a bright note (if there is one) the wurzels are even less likely to make even the playoffs.

Not the end of the world, but certainly the team have made it tremendously difficult for themselves, what was concerning was the total lack of energy and effort in the 2nd half, the game was there for the taking, only the manager and the team can explain why they didn't want to take the opportunity, defending a lead?, caught up with them this time although parks defending a big part to play.

To be honest I don't care what anyone says but that is shite football. No composure at all, all shit themselves when the ball comes anywhere near them, there was no quality football the entire night just endless hoof Ball. They're meant to be professional footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    To be honest I don't care what anyone says but that is shite football. No composure at all, all shit themselves when the ball comes anywhere near them, there was no quality football the entire night just endless hoof Ball. They're meant to be professional footballers.
    At 3-1 down we started passing it around the back

Went from arguably the best defence in the division to one of the worst in that second half.

Our mistakes in defence tonight have mainly stemmed from poor decision making that we haven't been doing all season.

We've missed a great chance to surge forward tonight - now Hull becomes a must win. NW and the staff have got their hands full now in making sure we get back to basics quickly.

My gut feeling after watching that collapse tonight is that we're going to be playing Derby again pretty soon...

Yep. When you went ahead I was confident you would win because you have finished games so strongly. Not tonight. I hope you have a big support travelling to Hull. You have to dig deep.

I thought the same, they all look knackered and you can see the effort of this season is taking its toll, the team need a rest.

I blame the snow and the poor officiating. We've had a poor ref for two games now - should have had a penalty against Derby & Forest should have had 10 men and hoilett was onside when played through in the second half.

Two poor decisions when defending have cost us tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Just a really poor second half. God knows what we were doing for their second bamba was 5 yards behind the defensive line playing them on?
    Morrisons just had a nightmare for the 3rd
    The games gone by the Morrison error. If we are winning that goes into touch. Hes trying to win and keep the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Not the end of the world, but certainly the team have made it tremendously difficult for themselves, what was concerning was the total lack of energy and effort in the 2nd half, the game was there for the taking, only the manager and the team can explain why they didn't want to take the opportunity, defending a lead?, caught up with them this time although parks defending a big part to play.
    Two massive mistakes Gunners could have left the ball to Etheridge and what Wilshutt was doing

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Exactly this, it’s a knock back that’s all, win 2 against lower league teams

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I thought the same, they all look knackered and you can see the effort of this season is taking its toll, the team need a rest.

I blame the snow and the poor officiating. We've had a poor ref for two games now - should have had a penalty against Derby & Forest should have had 10 men and hoilett was onside when played through in the second half.

Two poor decisions when defending have cost us tonight.
    Yeah, don't forget Fulham got away with 2 massive ones against Brentford in the first half too. All adds up. One team has the 'gods' smiling on them...

Hope I'm wrong and that emotion is tainting my judgement but it looks like our luck, what little we have had, has finally run out.
    If we don't limp over the line, I fear for us in the playoffs.

I refuse to blame the referee for us not winning here.
    Although going 2 nil up makes you less nervous and more composed, that "penalty" was as bad as Bambas disallowed goal at the Wall, we were awful defending and worse up top.

Gary Madine looks like he would not score if he was out there til the Reading game, though in fairness service to him was poor.

Bruno at right back just makes everyone nervous around him and Peltier should have started or at least replaced him at half time.
    I also think had Ken come on a bit sooner, we could have held on but unfortunately tonight our Neil got it wrong.

All is not lost, it's still in our own hands but huge psychological advantage to Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The games gone by the Morrison error. If we are winning that goes into touch. Hes trying to win and keep the ball.
    I hope the crowed shush-signed him when he ****ed up.

Suicidal defending, 3 mistakes, 3 goals, not a lot else to add

other than .. it was a pen, Madines miss & the wrong substitute came on.

oh & Grujic must have played the minimum amount of games to fulfil the loan deal

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hope I'm wrong and that emotion is tainting my judgement but it looks like our luck, what little we have had, has finally run out.
    If we don't limp over the line, I fear for us in the playoffs.

I refuse to blame the referee for us not winning here.
    Although going 2 nil up makes you less nervous and more composed, that "penalty" was as bad as Bambas disallowed goal at the Wall, we were awful defending and worse up top.

Gary Madine looks like he would not score if he was out there til the Reading game, though in fairness service to him was poor.

Bruno at right back just makes everyone nervous around him and Peltier should have started or at least replaced him at half time.
    I also think had Ken come on a bit sooner, we could have held on but unfortunately tonight our Neil got it wrong.

All is not lost, it's still in our own hands but huge psychological advantage to Fulham.
    Madine was doing his job, winning everything in the air; service was poor, also seemed to me others around him weren't expecting the ball to be won. Zohore did absolutely nothing when he came on.

Agree about Peltier - can only think he maybe had a knock, fit for bench but not worth risking for 90 minutes.

So - cheats do prosper then eh.