+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: DERBY COUNTY 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Cardiff play their game in hand tonight. A victory would take City to just one win from promotion

More...

C:WindowsTempphp1633.tmpPlay-off chasing Derby have no new injury concerns for the visit of Sky Bet Championship high-fliers Cardiff on Tuesday, live on Sky Sports Football from 7.30pm.

Derby boss Gary Rowett reported some sore legs after the home defeat to Middlesbrough, and Craig Forsyth, Marcus Olsson and Bradley Johnson will be among those checked after not playing for several weeks before Saturday.

Andreas Weimann could return to the starting line-up after being restricted by a shoulder injury ahead of the Middlesbrough game. Joe Ledley will also be hoping for a recall against his former club after dropping to the bench on Saturday.

Callum Paterson could return as Cardiff seek to cement the second automatic promotion spot. Paterson featured for only the final three minutes of Saturday's win against Nottingham Forest after boss Neil Warnock had considered his recent workload.

Sol Bamba should also start after proving his fitness in the second half of the Forest win following a groin problem. Lee Peltier will be assessed after a heavy fall on the weekend, but Craig Bryson is ineligible to play against his parent club.

Opta stats

Derby have won only one of their last six home Championship matches against Cardiff (D2 L3), losing 4-3 last season.

The Bluebirds have kept one clean sheet in their last 10 league visits to Pride Park, a 3-0 win in November 2011.

The two Championship meetings between Gary Rowett and Neil Warnock have both ended goalless, between Birmingham and Rotherham in February 2016 and in this reverse fixture in September.

The Rams haven't lost four league games in a row since a run of five back in November 2011.

No side has won more games on a Tuesday in the Championship this season than Cardiff (7, level with Fulham).

Dave Nugent hasn't scored in three consecutive league games since January 2014, with Leicester.

Match offficials

ANDREW MADLEY
    Neil Davies and Robert Merchant
    Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury

Re: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Safe journey to our brilliant travelling Eskimos!

Front three of Jamie Ward, Gary Madine and Junior Hoilett

I feel sick.

That’s a strong bench mind. Players that can come on and make a real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Front three of Jamie Ward, Gary Madine and Junior Hoilett

I feel sick.
    Where did that come from?!

Patterson, Gunnar and Ralls is a decent midfield though

Warnock planning for a manic final 20 minutes??
    I’m going for a run.

Ward will be in midfield surely, to chase/tackle like Bryson did on Saturday or even man mark someone. Dont think he will be up front. Bit worried about Manga at full back.

Inspired or forced , let's wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Inspired or forced , let's wait and see
    Can’t be forced. We’ve got a full strength squad.

Definitely tactical.

Probably got a man-marking job (as mentioned above).

Are we expecting Ledley to play well tonight?
    Just saw he’s on the bench.

I'm a big supporter of NW. I can't understand Zohore being dropped though. His hold up play is excellent. Ideal for Patterson and Hoilett

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43574040

Manga at right back again unless we're playing with three at the back (Paterson and Bennett wing backs?).

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Ward will be in midfield surely, to chase/tackle like Bryson did on Saturday or even man mark someone. .
    No.

Well I hope Ward and Madine all prove you wrong.

Personally I would have gone at them straight away and get the fans on their back but it *seems* it’s a wear them down and hit them with a fresh Zohore later on.

I trust Our Neil/Colin and hope it’s gonna be our night.

Ward will be in midfield surely, to chase/tackle like Bryson did on Saturday or even man mark someone. Dont think he will be up front. Bit worried about Manga at full back.
    I'm worried about Manga too. On Saturday my nerves worsened when he came on at full back.

Derby team quite negative

No Vydra, No Palmer, No Nugent - they are playing Johnson and Huddlestone in Midfield - hardly pacey?

I know Jerome loves a goal against us but his best days are a while ago surely

This is going to be a battle to say the least but Im more optamistic than I usually am which is a worry!

Ward will play right of a front 3 id think, he played there for derby anyway

DERBY COUNTY: Carson, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Johnson, Olsson, Weimann, Lawrence, Jerome. Subs: Roos (gk), Pearce, Ledley, Hanson, Palmer, Vydra, Nugent.

CARDIFF CITY: Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Paterson, Ward, Madine, Hoilett. Subs: Murphy (gk), Peltier, Grujic, Pilkington, Wildschut, Mendez-Laing, Zohore.

Have I missed something? Where's Morrison?

Good luck Blooooobirds. Sun has just come out in Pwllheli after rain all day. It is a sign.

Fecking idiots, SSN only have 10 players on the thingy at the bottom of the page.

#heartattack

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No.
    Why ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Have I missed something? Where's Morrison?
    Where it says 4 Morrison.

Heisenberg

Why ?.
    Because he is (and always has been) a wide player.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Well I hope Ward and Madine all prove you wrong.

Personally I would have gone at them straight away and get the fans on their back but it *seems* it’s a wear them down and hit them with a fresh Zohore later on.

I trust Our Neil/Colin and hope it’s gonna be our night.
    No one has criticised either in this thread.